HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

NOW WEARING #10: Sean Bergenheim

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2003, 07:34 PM
blitzkriegs

vCash: 500
NOW WEARING #10: Sean Bergenheim

Isles sign Bergie ...

Why #10? That is a two decade scrub number on this team...like #8 (Norton - aghk!) Well, maybe he'll bring some Jokerit #10 luck with it!!! Best of luck SEAN!!!! CONGRATS!

http://www.newyorkislanders.com/news...eim100803.html

Sort of anwsers my post from the Poll (reposted below):

This is kind of odd, no? I mean the Isles have not yet announced they have signed Bergie nor declared he has made the team. However, Hahn pointed out in an article the other day that the Isles had to pay Bergie 1.18 mil for this year (rookie cap #)...

So, Did Hahn just assume this or did he jump the gun. I wonder if the Isles were working out the kinks with Bergie's agent/Jokerit and that is the reason for the delay (this way if there is no agreement, he can go back, and isles don't look bad in the process by naming him and then he leaves). Moreover, i wonder if the MM is pissed that Hahn 'snuck' that sentence into the article. You gotta figure that if/when Bergie is signed, Hahn would do an entire article on it like he normally would.

Old
10-09-2003, 02:06 AM
Raimo Sillanpää

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
Isles sign Bergie ...

Why #10? That is a two decade scrub number on this team...like #8 (Norton - aghk!) Well, maybe he'll bring some Jokerit #10 luck with it!!! Best of luck SEAN!!!! CONGRATS!

http://www.newyorkislanders.com/news...eim100803.html

Sort of anwsers my post from the Poll (reposted below):

This is kind of odd, no? I mean the Isles have not yet announced they have signed Bergie nor declared he has made the team. However, Hahn pointed out in an article the other day that the Isles had to pay Bergie 1.18 mil for this year (rookie cap #)...

So, Did Hahn just assume this or did he jump the gun. I wonder if the Isles were working out the kinks with Bergie's agent/Jokerit and that is the reason for the delay (this way if there is no agreement, he can go back, and isles don't look bad in the process by naming him and then he leaves). Moreover, i wonder if the MM is pissed that Hahn 'snuck' that sentence into the article. You gotta figure that if/when Bergie is signed, Hahn would do an entire article on it like he normally would.
Sean was signed ages ago, that's why you've missed it. Nothing special expect for the condition that he either plays NHL or SM-Liiga, he won't go to the AHL.

Old
10-09-2003, 03:24 AM
NYIsles1*

I'm glad he is here but there are still some questions.

1. The Islanders are not hyping this like he is staying but that he is still here at this time and was given a number. Until he plays his tenth game he can still be sent back to Europe.

2. Trent Hunter and Justin Papineau (according to the Ct Post 10/9) must clear waivers if returned to Bridgeport. Isles are going to have to carry two extra forwards and still have Weinhandl coming back, which means something has to give with this roster unless they want kids sitting for long stretches of games and dressing players just to get them work and not for the right reason.

3. No one knows (or has written) if this agreement allows Bergenheim to play in tournaments like the WJC which means he would have to leave the Isles in season.

Closed Thread