HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JR on the HotSeat

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Mindcircus

vCash: 500
JR on the HotSeat

He was just on the HotSeat on SportsCenter. They'll probably replay it a few times by the time the night is done but here's what he had to say.

1. He feels great and he's having fun.

2. The collective bargaining agreement was BS and it sucks for the players. It's a "Partnership" with the owners. Players won in '94 and the owners won in '05. He's glad hockey's back.

3. No need for the hit/concussion he took from Gauthier in the preseason. He'll take and give a hit but the preseason isn't a time for hits like that where players are just getting ready for the season. Gauthier called him and apologized though for the hit in the preseason and he praised him for being a good man. He says it's all water under the bridge now.

4. Most underrated player in the league is Matty Norstrom!!

5. Most overrated player in the league is Jeremy Roenick!!

6. Most feared man in the league is Donald Brashear.

7. Guy he will never pick a fight with is Donald Brashear.

8. Says Nash and Kovalchuk will be the best players in the league one day. He also mentioned Naslund as being a great player.

I think that about covers it. Good interview overall. Catch it on SportsCenter whenever it's on.

Old
10-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
thanks!

Old
10-20-2005, 09:28 AM
Fat Elvis

I saw that, he speaks his mind for sure.

On a side note, he has been very disappointing imo. If it weren't for his first 2 shots this season he'd basically be skunked so far. Would not suprise me if he pulls a Hull if the Kings season goes sour. I'd also add that he should try to earn his "falling salery" rather than cry and complain nonstop about what a raw "partnership" the new nhl is. One of the most over paid players in the league. Shut up, play hard, produce and earn your paycheck.

Last edited by Fat Elvis: 10-20-2005 at 11:46 AM.
Old
10-21-2005, 11:24 AM
SharkGirl27

Send a message via AIM to SharkGirl27
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
I saw that, he speaks his mind for sure.

On a side note, he has been very disappointing imo. If it weren't for his first 2 shots this season he'd basically be skunked so far. Would not suprise me if he pulls a Hull if the Kings season goes sour. I'd also add that he should try to earn his "falling salery" rather than cry and complain nonstop about what a raw "partnership" the new nhl is. One of the most over paid players in the league. Shut up, play hard, produce and earn your paycheck.
JR is just coming off the 10th documented concussion of his career. I've had 8, each one takes longer and longer to recover from. He may say he feels great, but no one other than him knows that for sure. He's on a new team, with new teammates and is still trying to feel out the surroundings. Conroy looked awful until the Avs game, now he's on fire. JR just needs to catch a break and he'll be well on his way. I sat right behind the Kings bench in Colorado on Wed. and I saw first hand how disappointed JR is in his performance, so don't count him out just yet.

Old
10-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSoluteDMB11
JR is just coming off the 10th documented concussion of his career. I've had 8, each one takes longer and longer to recover from. He may say he feels great, but no one other than him knows that for sure. He's on a new team, with new teammates and is still trying to feel out the surroundings. Conroy looked awful until the Avs game, now he's on fire. JR just needs to catch a break and he'll be well on his way. I sat right behind the Kings bench in Colorado on Wed. and I saw first hand how disappointed JR is in his performance, so don't count him out just yet.
Maybe he should wait til he performs better before he runs his yapper then

Old
10-24-2005, 12:56 AM
SharkGirl27

Send a message via AIM to SharkGirl27
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
Maybe he should wait til he performs better before he runs his yapper then
it's not like he's some rookie running his mouth, and it's not like he's running his mouth about how great he's playing and how bad someone else is playing. He's running his mouth about how he feels about the new CBA which as an 18 year vet has every right to do. He even said he was the most over rated player in the league.

Closed Thread