HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is there room for another old-timer?

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2005, 07:19 AM
Davisian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Slam was the first hockey board I came across and the only good thing I can say about it was that it convinced me that there had to be something better out there. Then I found Gameday (which became rivals I think) and here I've been ever since.

As for who started the first thread here dedalus, seems to me that I it might have been Davisian or Melrose Jr who started it.

Not sure if I started the thread, but I remember being one of the posters requesting that everyone move over to HF, when rivals was going down.

I was posting on both and loved seeing the migration..

Slam! was a joke..

Old
10-22-2005, 09:06 AM
Servo

Hi Laches. I also haven't been posting much, but I've been reading faithfully. Its good to see a "reuinion" thread for the old rivals/puckplace types.

Old
10-22-2005, 10:16 AM
True Blue

Wow. All the "old guard" are popping out of the woodwork. Good to see.

Old
10-22-2005, 10:18 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Anybody recall which one of you started the "Did Everyone Make It?" thread that night?
I remember that. I also recall someone actually doing legwork to see what board we would all leap to when Rivals went down.

Old
10-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I remember that. I also recall someone actually doing legwork to see what board we would all leap to when Rivals went down.
Indeed. I think we doubled the population of this board overnight. I'm glad the folks who were already here were so hospitable!

Davisian, I'm glad those of us in the hfboards class of 2/02 are nothing like BBI's class of 3/05!

Old
10-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Fitzlax99

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishman3579
I bunch of us came over when the ESPN boards went to crap about 4 years ago.
Ah good old ESPN. I remember a few guys from there: Laches, Anerein, Alitaki (I wonder if hes here under a new name) yourself and of course my favorite, Pasha.

Man ESPN went to hell, the trolling was incredible. But if it wasnt for that place, I wouldnt have ended up here.

Good to see you back Laches, with Anerein gone, I need someone whose posts are as wordy as they are pessimistic.

P.S. Speaking of ESPN, anybody remember the poster that went to "Colombia" University?

Old
10-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
I remember when you guys came over. I started coming to HF in about 1997 or 1998. I think it was very new then, but I don't think I came to the boards until a while after that. When you guys came over from Slam I had no idea what was going on. All I knew was that all these new people who knew each other all showed up overnight and basically took over. It was kind of unsettling for a while. I remember getting mad at King for just posting links to articles with no discussion whatsoever. Then I figured out that that was his thing, and the articles were good. Eventually you guys settled in though and I grew to accept and even like you.

For a while after that, HFBoards was a great source for getting good information and enlightened hockey talk. It isn't really that great anymore IMO, but you can still find good talk if you sift through the crap. It's about half-crap now and half good, informative, knowledgeable discussion.

I've gone through a name-change since then. I used to be Potted Plant if any of you remember me.

Old
10-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Edge

Ah so you were Potted Plant.

Sometimes people change their name and I'm never sure who they became.

Old
10-22-2005, 02:27 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Yep, that's me. Obviously I'm almost a decade older now, and I no longer watch all that much hockey to be honest. I haven't caught a game yet this year because I don't get OLN or MSG here in Alabama. I used to be able to get Flyers games locally, back when I lived in Delaware for two years. I can actually catch Thrashers game locally, as I recently discovered. I just haven't bothered with it yet. I mostly come on here to receive information and analysis, and rarely have anything to give back anymore.

Closed Thread