HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Preds ...

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

vCash: 500
3 Preds ...

On Team Canada's Preliminary Roster ... No Hamhuis

Walker, Sullivan & Kariya

http://tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_story.asp?id=140271

Old
10-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Spitfire11

Ouch....Hamhuis is better than half those defensemen

Old
10-19-2005, 05:04 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Easily better than a third of them. Guess he is still Nashville's best kept secret.

Old
10-19-2005, 09:59 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
In fairness to the those who assembled the team, they likely had little chance to watch all 81 players play every game this season. I think hype, the stat sheet, and previous knowledge led the way. I think they did this without paying much attention to on-ice performance in the first five games because they wanted to pare the list down to reasonable level so that they could then effectively watch all those on it play many games this year. Hamhuis, for several reasons, just didn't wow them enough. You look at his points. They are not impressive. Time on ice, not impressive. Nothing stands out but his on ice play, which is exactly what they probably couldn't experience. I think if they had watched him play this year, he'd have definitely been on the list.

Honestly, how many players have a pokecheck that is not only replayed shortly after the fact, but several minutes after the fact, and several days after that fact.

I've sheen crushing open ice hits see less pub than that breakup.

Old
10-20-2005, 08:11 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
In fairness to the those who assembled the team, they likely had little chance to watch all 81 players play every game this season. I think hype, the stat sheet, and previous knowledge led the way. I think they did this without paying much attention to on-ice performance in the first five games because they wanted to pare the list down to reasonable level so that they could then effectively watch all those on it play many games this year. Hamhuis, for several reasons, just didn't wow them enough. You look at his points. They are not impressive. Time on ice, not impressive. Nothing stands out but his on ice play, which is exactly what they probably couldn't experience. I think if they had watched him play this year, he'd have definitely been on the list.

Honestly, how many players have a pokecheck that is not only replayed shortly after the fact, but several minutes after the fact, and several days after that fact.

I've sheen crushing open ice hits see less pub than that breakup.
true, but then why is God's son phaneuf on the list then?

Old
10-20-2005, 09:14 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Because he's canada's golden child playing on a Canadian team. Don't think for a minute if Sullivan wasn't leading the league in points he would be on that list.

Old
10-20-2005, 09:55 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

listening to TSN's intermission (NYR-NYI game) Wayne or one of his cohorts for Team Canada was going to list everybody who was Canadian IN the NHL

Old
10-20-2005, 10:04 AM
veronesepk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
listening to TSN's intermission (NYR-NYI game) Wayne or one of his cohorts for Team Canada was going to list everybody who was Canadian IN the NHL
I saw that on Center Ice too. That would have been funny.

Old
10-20-2005, 11:17 AM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Time on ice, not impressive.
Actually, his TOI is good, he's 56th in the league among D (ahead of Phaneuf and many on the list) and that includes the Europeans and Americans.

Old
10-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Gnashville
Playoff losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
true, but then why is God's son phaneuf on the list then?
As mentioned he's a golden boy on a Canadian Team . It's politics more than anything Snowballs chance he or Hammer would make it but he is listed because Calgary team name would have be changed from the Flames cause the city would be burned to the ground if Phaneuf wasn't listed

Old
10-20-2005, 02:21 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuithead
Actually, his TOI is good, he's 56th in the league among D (ahead of Phaneuf and many on the list) and that includes the Europeans and Americans.
It's not impressive in my opinion. It is less than last years. It's certainly good, but not something that is going to make people turn their heads. And it's certainly not indicative, in any way, of his play on the ice.

Closed Thread