HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where's Panzer?

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2003, 10:29 PM
jiggs 10

vCash: 500
Where's Panzer?

For 3 years the Blues have shut out Jeff Panzer. Why? He could easily make their squad as a 3rd line center right now. He's been the 3rd leading scorer in Worchester both years he's played there. Why isn't he given a look? He's better than John Pohl. He was a Hobey Baker finalist more than once as best NCAA player, he was second in the nation in scoring by 2 points as a senior, and he is the best passer in the Blues' organization (other than MAYBE Doug Weight). The Blues aren't a threat to win the Cup anytime soon with the roster they have, why not add a little offense?

Old
10-09-2003, 12:51 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs 10
For 3 years the Blues have shut out Jeff Panzer. Why? He could easily make their squad as a 3rd line center right now. He's been the 3rd leading scorer in Worchester both years he's played there. Why isn't he given a look? He's better than John Pohl. He was a Hobey Baker finalist more than once as best NCAA player, he was second in the nation in scoring by 2 points as a senior, and he is the best passer in the Blues' organization (other than MAYBE Doug Weight). The Blues aren't a threat to win the Cup anytime soon with the roster they have, why not add a little offense?
I think Panzer is a victim of the Blues depth at center. So is Pohl who is also in Worcester.

Demitra
Weight
Cajanek
Johnson

Pretty strong up the middle

Old
10-09-2003, 02:50 AM
degroat*

Panzer is definately not better than Pohl.

Old
10-09-2003, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
Panzer is definately not better than Pohl.
Quoted for agreement.

Old
10-09-2003, 08:11 AM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
I would also say that demitra,pronger, macinnis, cajanek, and weight are all better passers than panzer. Plus if you saw panzer in camp, he just gets out muscled to the point he cant compete.

Old
10-09-2003, 07:11 PM
SneakerPimp82

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
I would also say that demitra,pronger, macinnis, cajanek, and weight are all better passers than panzer. Plus if you saw panzer in camp, he just gets out muscled to the point he cant compete.
From what I've read, and what his profile here says, he's much too thin to be in the NHL. He just doesn't have the requisite size not to get crushed, unlike Boguniecki who is short but weighs in at 185-190 or so.

Old
10-10-2003, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp82
From what I've read, and what his profile here says, he's much too thin to be in the NHL. He just doesn't have the requisite size not to get crushed, unlike Boguniecki who is short but weighs in at 185-190 or so.
Quoted for agreement.

Old
10-10-2003, 03:35 AM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
I would also say that demitra,pronger, macinnis, cajanek, and weight are all better passers than panzer.

I completely missed that part of his post.

Old
10-10-2003, 10:59 AM
Bleedblue39

vCash:
Huh?

He's a better passer than everyone except "MAYBE" Doug Weight? Doug Weight just happens to be one of the best if not probably THE best passer in the league. To say Panzer is better at passing than Doug Weight is like saying he has better passing skill than : Sakic, Forsberg, Yzerman, Sundin, Modano, Roenick, Demitra, Pronger, Lidstrom, Oates, Fedorov....I think you get my idea. Panzer is not the best passer on the Blues, if he was he would make the squad, because anyone that can trump Doug Weight in passing would probably make the NHL team, considering he is the best passer in the league and all...

Old
10-10-2003, 12:10 PM
execwrite

I like Panzer but his lack of size is a big problem. I think he'll find a niche in the NHL as a role player but it may not be with the Blues.

If injuries strike this year he could get a shot in St. Louis, but that's probably the only way he'll get a chance here.

THIS JUST IN - Jeff Panzer has been named captain in Worcester. He's obviously well thought of by the Blues.

Closed Thread