HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where's Panzer?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-08-2003, 10:29 PM
  #1
jiggs 10
Registered User
 
jiggs 10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hockeytown, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
Where's Panzer?

For 3 years the Blues have shut out Jeff Panzer. Why? He could easily make their squad as a 3rd line center right now. He's been the 3rd leading scorer in Worchester both years he's played there. Why isn't he given a look? He's better than John Pohl. He was a Hobey Baker finalist more than once as best NCAA player, he was second in the nation in scoring by 2 points as a senior, and he is the best passer in the Blues' organization (other than MAYBE Doug Weight). The Blues aren't a threat to win the Cup anytime soon with the roster they have, why not add a little offense?

jiggs 10 is offline  
Old
10-09-2003, 12:51 AM
  #2
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs 10
For 3 years the Blues have shut out Jeff Panzer. Why? He could easily make their squad as a 3rd line center right now. He's been the 3rd leading scorer in Worchester both years he's played there. Why isn't he given a look? He's better than John Pohl. He was a Hobey Baker finalist more than once as best NCAA player, he was second in the nation in scoring by 2 points as a senior, and he is the best passer in the Blues' organization (other than MAYBE Doug Weight). The Blues aren't a threat to win the Cup anytime soon with the roster they have, why not add a little offense?
I think Panzer is a victim of the Blues depth at center. So is Pohl who is also in Worcester.

Demitra
Weight
Cajanek
Johnson

Pretty strong up the middle

c-carp is offline  
Old
10-09-2003, 02:50 AM
  #3
degroat*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: http://nhl.degroat.n
Posts: 8,108
vCash: 500
Panzer is definately not better than Pohl.

degroat* is offline  
Old
10-09-2003, 06:43 AM
  #4
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
Panzer is definately not better than Pohl.
Quoted for agreement.

210 is offline  
Old
10-09-2003, 08:11 AM
  #5
topshelf331
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Stl
Country: United States
Posts: 2,198
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
I would also say that demitra,pronger, macinnis, cajanek, and weight are all better passers than panzer. Plus if you saw panzer in camp, he just gets out muscled to the point he cant compete.

topshelf331 is offline  
Old
10-09-2003, 07:11 PM
  #6
SneakerPimp82
Registered User
 
SneakerPimp82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,654
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
I would also say that demitra,pronger, macinnis, cajanek, and weight are all better passers than panzer. Plus if you saw panzer in camp, he just gets out muscled to the point he cant compete.
From what I've read, and what his profile here says, he's much too thin to be in the NHL. He just doesn't have the requisite size not to get crushed, unlike Boguniecki who is short but weighs in at 185-190 or so.

SneakerPimp82 is offline  
Old
10-10-2003, 02:50 AM
  #7
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp82
From what I've read, and what his profile here says, he's much too thin to be in the NHL. He just doesn't have the requisite size not to get crushed, unlike Boguniecki who is short but weighs in at 185-190 or so.
Quoted for agreement.

210 is offline  
Old
10-10-2003, 03:35 AM
  #8
degroat*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: http://nhl.degroat.n
Posts: 8,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
I would also say that demitra,pronger, macinnis, cajanek, and weight are all better passers than panzer.


I completely missed that part of his post.

degroat* is offline  
Old
10-10-2003, 10:59 AM
  #9
Bleedblue39
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Huh?

He's a better passer than everyone except "MAYBE" Doug Weight? Doug Weight just happens to be one of the best if not probably THE best passer in the league. To say Panzer is better at passing than Doug Weight is like saying he has better passing skill than : Sakic, Forsberg, Yzerman, Sundin, Modano, Roenick, Demitra, Pronger, Lidstrom, Oates, Fedorov....I think you get my idea. Panzer is not the best passer on the Blues, if he was he would make the squad, because anyone that can trump Doug Weight in passing would probably make the NHL team, considering he is the best passer in the league and all...

 
Old
10-10-2003, 12:10 PM
  #10
execwrite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Peekskill, NY
Posts: 3,484
vCash: 500
I like Panzer but his lack of size is a big problem. I think he'll find a niche in the NHL as a role player but it may not be with the Blues.

If injuries strike this year he could get a shot in St. Louis, but that's probably the only way he'll get a chance here.

THIS JUST IN - Jeff Panzer has been named captain in Worcester. He's obviously well thought of by the Blues.

execwrite is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.