HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Ottawa @ Tampa Bay - Oct. 21st

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Air

vCash: 500
I remember Sens-Bolts games being the best in terms of end-to-end action and rushes. Hopefully, it's still true. Didn't we have like only one loss to the SE divsion last season?

Old
10-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Volchenkov

I wouldn't give up on Fisher just yet either, not unless resigning him will make it impossible to resign any of the top 6.

Old
10-21-2005, 05:09 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by champben2002
Well, we may have cut bait to early on Salo. That guy had multiple species of injury bugs crawling all over him while in Ottawa, but he seems to be doing quite a bit better in Vancouver. So I say, either we keep Fisher, or send him to Vancouver for one of the Sedin twins. I don't really care which one we get... I mean they probably switch jerseys all the time as a practical joke anyway.
We got Schaeffer for Salo. I liked Salo but I would do that trade again right now. Schaeffer is an excellent LW. Good to see a trade work for both teams.

Old
10-21-2005, 05:29 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Fisher is one of those rare players that plays with reckless abandom and does it cleanly. I love the way he plays hockey and he scores very timely goals, shows up at playoff time and fights when he has to. You don't give up on guys like him because he misses a few regular season games, what we need is another two or three just like him. If anyone is captain material on this team other than Alfredson it's Fisher before Spezza, Heatley and Redden. I like Chara too as a future captain post Alfredson, if he is still here.

Old
10-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Rico__Persson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by champben2002
Well, we may have cut bait to early on Salo. That guy had multiple species of injury bugs crawling all over him while in Ottawa, but he seems to be doing quite a bit better in Vancouver. So I say, either we keep Fisher, or send him to Vancouver for one of the Sedin twins. I don't really care which one we get... I mean they probably switch jerseys all the time as a practical joke anyway.
Salo = Putty Man

Let the Canuck fans talk about how great he is in the regular season. The fact is when push comes to shove he's soft. I still can't forget that time Salo lifted his leg in OT versus the Leafs. I simple shot block is all it would have taken.

You need rocks on defence. See Phillips, Chara.

Old
10-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Rico__Persson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu
I'm frustrated as much as anyone with Fisher's injuries, but, the consequence of not showing patience with an injury prone player that plays a pretty physical game, is that players learn that it may be better to not play a physical game condusive to getting injured.

I say, be patient. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, but, Fish is exactly the type of player we need more of. Teams don't trade players like him. If we lose him, we'll be here in a few months saying we need a player like him on the third line. I rather put my hopes that he turns his injury problems around, than trade him away for next to nothing.
I would never trade him. Ever.

Players like Fisher, Phillips, and Schaefer are SO easily overlooked by many common fans. These players are CHEAP, RARE, and always top performers in the playoffs. In case no one picked it up yet, I don't care what happens for all 82 games this year. Round 1, Game 1 is where it starts for me. I want those players listed above in each and every game this team plays in the postseason.

I think its more of a stalled view on Fisher. I had projections for him being more than a 2B/3A center. I think its soon time to settle for a solid, very solid 3rd line center. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

As far as playing tough. Lots of players play tough on this team and DON'T get hurt nearly as often. I don't buy that argument. I think theres something more to it. Chara, Phillips, and Neil play just as hard and rarely get placed on "the shelf".

Old
10-21-2005, 06:42 PM
Murphy*

Well, Neil just scored.

Old
10-21-2005, 06:43 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher
On my Rogers Digital Cable it says it's the Sens-Bolts game on Sportsnet at 7:30, and they're usually right
It's on Sportsnet East... apparently the rest of Ontario would rather see an AHL team (the Marlies) than see the Senators

Old
10-21-2005, 07:00 PM
bert

Afanasenkov with a weird one. Just sortof dribbled in.

Old
10-21-2005, 07:02 PM
Rico__Persson*

-Great pass by Spezza on the Neil goal. It happened way back in Ottawa's end. Amazing pass. Through a defenders feet (6 inches) and lands a 50 footer on Schaefer's stick.

-Only a matter of time before Bochenshi is on the 3rd line or AHL bound.

-No team will ever win a Stanley Cup with John Grahame between the wickets.

-Redden looks bad.

-Volchenkov looks better in this one than the last few.

Old
10-21-2005, 07:03 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Phillips looks god-awful tonight.

Old
10-21-2005, 07:04 PM
bert

Schaefer made a great play on the goal first beating the d man with a chip then a great low corner shot creating a big rebound. I know players that purposely shoot far post for a rebound in that case. Great play by Neil to get to the net.

Old
10-21-2005, 07:13 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Seriously, our 2nd PP unit looks bad...very bad.

And Hasek doesn't look too great right now.

Old
10-21-2005, 07:14 PM
The King of Town

I thought that, other than on the goal (when he should have nailed Afanasenkov), Redden is having a great game so far

Phillips is struggling

Meszaros is impressing me

Kelly and Eaves are great energy players

other than that, the whole team is kind of listless... rust from the long layoff? Spezza did have a few nice plays

Old
10-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
Seriously, our 2nd PP unit looks bad...very bad.

And Hasek doesn't look too great right now.
It doesn't look bad, it is BAD. Hopefully Murray corrects this, I think Vermette or Eaves (or both) would do a much better job out there than Varada is doing. This is where we are going to miss Havlat, he basically was the only real dangerous player on the 2nd unit. I think the 2nd unit will be fine when he gets back and I also wouldn't mind seeing Murray throw Fisher out there on the wing with Smoke/Havlat on the 2nd unit. He is trying Varada right now, Fisher could do more than him with only one good arm. The way I see it, Fish is the perfect fit for the 2nd unit, he will go to the danger areas and his hands are better than both Varada and Neil.

With regards to the Hasek comment, he never looks great - but he always finds a way to keep the puck out the majority of the time.

Old
10-21-2005, 07:33 PM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

What a wild play!

Old
10-21-2005, 07:35 PM
Mauri11*

Who got the assists?

Old
10-21-2005, 07:36 PM
The King of Town

What the.... why did Tampa get a penalty on Alfie's goal???? Can anybody enlighen?

later: God Spezza is strong on the puck!

Old
10-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Mauri11*

Is Alfie on the Spezza line? Or is it still Bochenski?

Old
10-21-2005, 07:44 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Those were the worst 5 on 3's ever.

Hasek just bailed out Phillips big time. Phillips looks lost.

Old
10-21-2005, 07:44 PM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

Great special teams work. Chara is really looking so strong out there, poised, totally in control, totally adapted to rule changes.

I guess if I accept the fact that no goalie we've had in the last 7 years will face as many great chances as Hasek will, Sens are looking much stronger.

Quote:
-No team will ever win a Stanley Cup with John Grahame between the wickets.
Because of all the rebounds? Last year I was convinced he could do it. Jury still out i guess.

Old
10-21-2005, 07:47 PM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

There must be a new rule this year that if you take certain penalties, you still serve after being scored on after the delay call.

Schaef having a good game, as is Vermette. Spezza not playin bad

Old
10-21-2005, 07:48 PM
The King of Town

Hasek is God!

I defended Lalime, Barasso, Tugnutt, Rhodes.... but I realise now that we've never actually had a Goalie before.

Old
10-21-2005, 07:49 PM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

I was going to say Phillips looks like he is having a great game. Really strong on battles, controlling the puck, was fantastic when tb had a 5 on 3 on us. What is it that is making people say he's not looking good? I thought he was playing a great game so far

Old
10-21-2005, 07:55 PM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

Mustve been chara and heatley who got the assists on that wild alfie goal. Cant believe dany stealthy missed the net with no goalie, ok 2 dmen.

Alfie is playing withe eaves and Smoke mostly

Tampa not playing hard for a while there, and ottawa really working and skating. Thank god we have hasek

Closed Thread