HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bertuzzi Hypothetical

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2003, 02:28 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
When talking about any trade about Bertuzzi--factor in his age and what the new collective barganing agreement will bring

it is more then likely that Bertuzzi will become an urfa after his contract and any team signing would have to pony up a huge contract

Old
10-17-2003, 02:42 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
When talking about any trade about Bertuzzi--factor in his age and what the new collective barganing agreement will bring

it is more then likely that Bertuzzi will become an urfa after his contract and any team signing would have to pony up a huge contract
this is not likely at all...

he's already made his demands through his agent to the Canucks ownership, on a new deal... his current deal doesn't expire until the end of this season (June 30), whereas the current CBA doesn't expire until September... so he's still going to be a RFA.

but Burke has already taken his offer to ownership for approval, since he's said that it's not unreasonable... he's not looking at huge $$, it's estimated that he's looking to be in the $7mill range.

I'd say right now the chances of Bert being dealt are very slim... if the contract demands were high, Burke wouldn't have taken it to ownership so quickly, with 9 months still to go before he needs to be given a qualifying offer to retain his rights... and Burke isn't one to give out huge $$ that he doesn't think is fair.

Also ownership has not once backed away from Burke's request on increasing payroll, or paying a player what he felt he's worth.

I don't see too much to worry about at this point.

Old
10-17-2003, 06:24 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Perhaps they could, but then so could Bertuzzi, which would make a trade VERY difficult. Would something like this be close:
Mapletoft, Parrish, Asham or Blake, and a second
for
Bertuzzi

Isles finaly get the winger they have needed badly for Yashin (those two would dominate the Atlantic Div.) the Nucks would be getting a first liner in Parrish who would no doubt thrive playing with Naslund and Asham or Blake would be good second or third liners that would add grit and some scoring ability to the team. Mapletoft and a second are in there as obviously Bertuzzi's value would be real high.
this is a bad year to be an upcoming free agent...and this deal would never happen it would take a Jason Spezza type player to get him

I will use an example from the Ducks since I know their roster well.

to Vancouver:Sykora,Vishnevski,Chistov and probley Getzlaf

TO Anaheim:Bertuzzi

If the Nucks were ever to trade the best power forward in the game it would have to get one future star(Chistov) one current really good player(Sykora) and a high ceiling defensemen(Vishnevski)

that said hes going nowhere Burke would be rosted if he was dealt.

Old
10-19-2003, 01:46 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
this is a bad year to be an upcoming free agent...and this deal would never happen it would take a Jason Spezza type player to get him

If the Nucks were ever to trade the best power forward in the game it would have to get one future star(Chistov) one current really good player(Sykora) and a high ceiling defensemen(Vishnevski)

this is the first proposal from an opposing team that actually gives the Canucks what they could use...

if Bertuzzi needed to be dealt, I would take this package (although I would first look for a similar pkg in the East conference, and probably ask for a bit less to send him there, than to another Western team)...

but I still doubt that he will be dealt, even if such a package was on the table... signing him means so much to this franchise right now... for the past few years, a lot of talk around the league has suggested that either the Canucks couldn't sign their key players once their salaries went up, or they couldn't surround such players with more talent... so far the organization has done both - signing longterm contracts to guys like Jovo and Linden (and easily signing guys like Morrison, Ohlund, etc when their contracts have come up), then bringing in Hedberg, Arvedson etc... this signing is huge for this franchise not only on the ice, but off it as well to finally prove that we're not heading down Edmonton's path and having to deal our best players when their contracts go up.

Old
10-22-2003, 08:49 AM
Kick Save

As A Ducks Fan, Let Me Be The First to Say "No Thanks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller

Bertuzzi IS the premier Power Forward in the NHL today, but the proposed return package is absurd. Sykora was the Ducks' leading goal scorer last year. If you've watched Chistov much, you'd know that he probably controls the puck better than anyone in the NHL. When he puts it all together a couple of years from now, he's a 40-goal per year guy.

Getzlaf figures to be a mainstay on the Ducks for years to come. If it weren't for the fact that (1) the CBA is about to expire and (2) Lupul already is under contract with the Ducks, Getzlaf would have made the Ducks this year. He played well enough to do in the pre-season. In fact, Getzlaf probably will be a Bertuzzi-like player.

I'm not denigrating Bertuzzi. Like fans all over the league, I'd love to have him on my team. But the Ducks would be fools to even consider a deal anything like the one proposed.

Closed Thread