HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

trade value for Havlat?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-22-2005, 12:02 AM
  #26
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 31,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypool
If the Penguins wanted him, they wouldn't give up a roster player. They aren't trading Malkin, Fleury, Crosby, etc... The only thing they'd offer is a 1st round pick.
The way things are going, that would work out to Kessel for Havlat, which might end up being better value for Ottawa than Malkin, who might not be coming for awhile, or Fleury, who's obviously got his own problems.

Stephen is online now  
Old
10-22-2005, 02:49 AM
  #27
Corto
Faceless Man
 
Corto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Braavos
Country: Croatia
Posts: 12,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypool
If the Penguins wanted him, they wouldn't give up a roster player. They aren't trading Malkin, Fleury, Crosby, etc... The only thing they'd offer is a 1st round pick.
What gives you that idea?

I'm pretty sure CP wouldn't trade any of the new signees, in order not to look dumb. Again.
Malkin, Fleury, Crosby and (probably) Whitney are untouchable.

So, if they could do something like ... Malone + a solid prospect (probably anyone but Welch) or a pick for Havlat....

I'd do it in a heartbeat, probably CP would too.
I don't know who wouldn't.

Malone is a local kid and we all love him, but he's never gonna be anywhere near the player Havlat is (and will be).

Corto is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 05:59 AM
  #28
The Hamburglar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto
What gives you that idea?

I'm pretty sure CP wouldn't trade any of the new signees, in order not to look dumb. Again.
Malkin, Fleury, Crosby and (probably) Whitney are untouchable.

So, if they could do something like ... Malone + a solid prospect (probably anyone but Welch) or a pick for Havlat....

I'd do it in a heartbeat, probably CP would too.
I don't know who wouldn't.

Malone is a local kid and we all love him, but he's never gonna be anywhere near the player Havlat is (and will be).
The Sens wouldn't. Havlat is not being shopped. The sportsnet crew has no credibility whatsoever.

The Hamburglar is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 06:43 AM
  #29
Corto
Faceless Man
 
Corto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Braavos
Country: Croatia
Posts: 12,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG
The Sens wouldn't. Havlat is not being shopped. The sportsnet crew has no credibility whatsoever.
I know. I was talking from the Pens POV.

Corto is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 08:41 AM
  #30
Rowley Birkin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Country: England
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
from the Sabres, i'd start off with Chris Drury, a prospect like Drew Stafford, and a 2nd rounder. it wouldn't be enough, tho.

Rowley Birkin is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 10:05 AM
  #31
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin
from the Sabres, i'd start off with Chris Drury, a prospect like Drew Stafford, and a 2nd rounder. it wouldn't be enough, tho.
Sorry...you missed Vanek in there.

SensGod is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 10:08 AM
  #32
toolboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Witt for Havlat

toolboy is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 10:15 AM
  #33
Chaos
3, 2, 1
 
Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 7,765
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Chaos
31 replies and no mention of Ryan Smyth or Brendan Morrow? Im shocked!

__________________
Chaos is always right.

-Vagrant
Chaos is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 10:36 AM
  #34
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,599
vCash: 500
Wasn't there a rumor that Carolina turned down a straight up offer for Eric Cole?

Given Ottawa's potential for salary cap issues, I think their options are limited. Their focus would be to sacrifice some offense in Havlat to acquire an asset that brings more of a playoff warrior type mentality (which is what likely spawned the rationale behind the Cole rumors).

Does this mean an end to the constant references on draft day to "the next Martin Havlat"?

hbk is online now  
Old
10-22-2005, 10:37 AM
  #35
Captain_Cunney
Registered User
 
Captain_Cunney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bowling Alley
Country: England
Posts: 5,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick
Havlat isn't going anywhere but to play along in dreamland I'd gladly give the Sens Datsyuk. Sens could use a center and the Wings could use another winger and let Zetterberg slide into the middle.
Only fair offer so far!

Captain_Cunney is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 10:54 AM
  #36
flambers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG
The Sens wouldn't. Havlat is not being shopped. The sportsnet crew has no credibility whatsoever.

How do you know? You are telling everyone we should listen to yourself and ignore Sportsnet? If Sportsnet heard it, it must have some sort of truth to it but that does not mean he will be traded. Its tough to trade big name players in a league with a cap.

flambers is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 11:04 AM
  #37
Rowley Birkin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Country: England
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Sorry...you missed Vanek in there.
i really like Havlat, but i don't think i'd deal Vanek straight up for him even. i like most Sabre fans thought Vanek would be good, but he's doing even better than i thought he would, so soon.

Rowley Birkin is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 11:04 AM
  #38
sabresfan65
Vote for Teppo!
 
sabresfan65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,080
vCash: 500
You people need to "kick" these offers up a level.

sabresfan65 is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 11:14 AM
  #39
EazyB97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 27,938
vCash: 500
Is it possible to, just for the purposes of the thread, imagine he *may* be traded and what you could get for him. I understand most feel he isn't on the block, this is a fair accessment, I mean how many 24 ppg players are, but just for the sake of the thread, try and imagine if he was, what would he fetch?

I'd say a good veteran proven playoff center, and a prospect. Ottawa gets immediate help down the middle and some help for the playoffs, prospect to come in and not gives them something to look forward to. Just to throw some names out, maybe Dustin Brown and Craig Conroy?

EazyB97 is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 12:24 PM
  #40
Steve Latin*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Thinbonesville
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Koltsov, Orpik, and a second round pick in 2006

Steve Latin* is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 12:29 PM
  #41
Alberta Yote
Nice run
 
Alberta Yote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your kitchen
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
Wasn't there a rumor that Carolina turned down a straight up offer for Eric Cole?

Given Ottawa's potential for salary cap issues, I think their options are limited. Their focus would be to sacrifice some offense in Havlat to acquire an asset that brings more of a playoff warrior type mentality (which is what likely spawned the rationale behind the Cole rumors).

Does this mean an end to the constant references on draft day to "the next Martin Havlat"?
1. The Coyotes should do what they can to trade for Eric Cole. And then turn around and trade him straight up for Havlat.

2. "The Next Havlat" references will continue on draft day. The NFL draft.

Alberta Yote is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 01:36 PM
  #42
Jordoe28
Registered User
 
Jordoe28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thunder Bay
Country: Canada
Posts: 631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flambers
How do you know? You are telling everyone we should listen to yourself and ignore Sportsnet? If Sportsnet heard it, it must have some sort of truth to it but that does not mean he will be traded. Its tough to trade big name players in a league with a cap.
Sportsnet didn't hear it. They are just trying to make Leaf fans feel like they have a chance this year. They'll make up w.e in order to do so. Sportsnet is worse than TSN for Leaf bias, well at least Sportsnet Ontario is.

Jordoe28 is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 02:40 PM
  #43
Pangu
Registered User
 
Pangu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,530
vCash: 500
Man these offers are all really bad. Many of them include players that I have barely (or have not) heard of. You think your fifth best prospect could score 40 goals? I mean most of these offers are like, hmmm who don't I like in the organisation type offers. We are not a recycling bin. If you are going to make an offer, then your player better at least project to be a 30 + goal scorer (and our team is deep in Dmen).

Pangu is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 02:52 PM
  #44
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,612
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
the best habs can offer ..
Zednik,Price and a 1st pick !
BTW I know they are in the same division!


Last edited by Jeffrey: 10-22-2005 at 03:07 PM.
Jeffrey is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 03:22 PM
  #45
Steve Latin*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Thinbonesville
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
the best habs can offer ..
Zednik,Price and a 1st pick !
BTW I know they are in the same division!
I'd seriously consider that if I were Ottawa. They need a guy who can score in the playoffs

Steve Latin* is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 06:46 PM
  #46
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 21,594
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Mark Bell, Cam Barker, Anton Babchuk.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 06:51 PM
  #47
The Mars Volchenkov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 37,279
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan
Mark Bell, Cam Barker, Anton Babchuk.


If Chicago offered that, I'd think the Sens would seriously consider it.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 08:55 PM
  #48
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy


If Chicago offered that, I'd think the Sens would seriously consider it.
I disagree. Ottawa is looking to win now, not 3 years from now. Whomever they trade for would need to have an immediate impact, and none of those three would (at least not immediately).

coolguy21415 is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 12:41 AM
  #49
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull
I disagree. Ottawa is looking to win now, not 3 years from now. Whomever they trade for would need to have an immediate impact, and none of those three would (at least not immediately).
I think Bell will have an impact and he comes with a couple studs.

no name is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 01:30 AM
  #50
Hecht
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Would the sens be interested in either Eric Brewer or Barret Jackman?

Maybe Tkachuk (we'd probably have to eat most of his salary this year)

Hecht is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.