HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Patience My Friends.... Patience

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-22-2005, 11:43 AM
  #26
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,287
vCash: 500
To comment on what Fletch has to say on Immonen. Like him I don't think he got as fair a shot as others. On the whole though I think Renney is doing a nice job.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 11:58 AM
  #27
JerseyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
To comment on what Fletch has to say on Immonen. Like him I don't think he got as fair a shot as others. On the whole though I think Renney is doing a nice job.
The problem there is that we got Rucchin who has really been a major disappointment. If Rucchin was playing the way he was two seasons ago we'd all be happy. Watching Immonen in preseason I feel that right now he needs to play. Sticking him on the 3rd or 4th line and giving him 7 to 8 minutes a night won't work. He's better off playing top line minutes in Hartford than sitting on the bench.

JerseyRangers is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 12:05 PM
  #28
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,129
vCash: 500
I agree, Jersey...

what better way to get a second line going than to inject some youthful enthusiasm and speed.

Fletch is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 12:10 PM
  #29
JerseyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
what better way to get a second line going than to inject some youthful enthusiasm and speed.
Trust me, I'm with you. I just can't see the coaching staff sitting Rucchin this early in the season without giving him a few more weeks to work out the kinks. They, as well as Steve, have gotta be wondering if his decline is due to age or if its due to not playing for almost 16 months.

JerseyRangers is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 12:17 PM
  #30
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,129
vCash: 500
I agree...

that would be the thinking. We'll see how it plays out. There are other ways to bring someone up without sitting Rucchin, but that may involve sitting either Betts or Moore, or Ward if Moore's moved to wing to make room. But unfortunately, Renney's going to have to make tough decisions as the season moves along as he sees fit. A guy like Moore may sit even though he's doing well if it means he believes the overall makeup or chemistry of the team has improved.

Fletch is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 12:22 PM
  #31
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
that would be the thinking. We'll see how it plays out. There are other ways to bring someone up without sitting Rucchin, but that may involve sitting either Betts or Moore, or Ward if Moore's moved to wing to make room. But unfortunately, Renney's going to have to make tough decisions as the season moves along as he sees fit. A guy like Moore may sit even though he's doing well if it means he believes the overall makeup or chemistry of the team has improved.
Rucchin, like a lot of veterans on this team, is nothing more than a stopgap. The rumor when the Rangers acquired him was that Burke asked for the extra draft pick, because he knew the Rangers would flip him for something better at the deadline. I maintain that if Immonen gets adjusted at Hartford, he could very well make Rucchin expendable earlier than that. Betts and Moore continue to handle their roles behind Rucchin.

jas is online now  
Old
10-22-2005, 02:20 PM
  #32
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Rucchin's play is kind of what I feared when we got him.

He's slowed down quite a bit over the years and I've had a chance to see a lot of it. I'd like to say this surprises me, but it doesn't at this point.

My guess is that if he doesn't get going, he's gone in November.

Edge is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 02:31 PM
  #33
Potted Plant
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
I doubt they move him that early, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him moved down to the fourth line. A guy like Rucchin has too much value to the team, IMO, just by being there, even if he doesn't play much.

Potted Plant is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 02:38 PM
  #34
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
I like him as a person, but if Immonen gets hot and Rucchin is still playing like this, I don't like him THAT much.

Edge is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 02:56 PM
  #35
BigE
Registered User
 
BigE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 500
To be honest this whole situation is a bit ridiculous, and no one is blameless for the state of this board. Say what you want about children picking fights, or the negativity, or the bold optimism (as we experienced during our brief win streak), but the fact remains that everyone perpetuates the cycle.

You've got your know-it-alls; your ranting, 16 year-old lunatics; and then you've got the people that think they're above it all, but who, seemingly, are unaware that they're exactly like those that they criticize and so despise.

Here is your cycle: the know-it-alls piss off the ranting lunatics, the lunatics piss off the holier-than-thou types, and through that attitude, those holier-than-thou types end up pissing off the know-it-alls and the ranting lunatics for being so hypocritical.

It is a pissing contest and complaining about it only further deepens the cycle.

Take what you can from this board, whether it's because you like spreading your perspective on the game or whether you like hearing other perspectives, and leave the ******** behind. It's as simple as not giving a ****. Say it. It feels good to say it, "I don't give a ****."

But hey, that is just my opinion and I figured that maybe instead of giving perspective, some had lost it.

Enjoy the game tonight fellas. Welcome back Park.

BigE is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 03:26 PM
  #36
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE
To be honest this whole situation is a bit ridiculous, and no one is blameless for the state of this board. Say what you want about children picking fights, or the negativity, or the bold optimism (as we experienced during our brief win streak), but the fact remains that everyone perpetuates the cycle.

You've got your know-it-alls; your ranting, 16 year-old lunatics; and then you've got the people that think they're above it all, but who, seemingly, are unaware that they're exactly like those that they criticize and so despise.

Here is your cycle: the know-it-alls piss off the ranting lunatics, the lunatics piss off the holier-than-thou types, and through that attitude, those holier-than-thou types end up pissing off the know-it-alls and the ranting lunatics for being so hypocritical.

It is a pissing contest and complaining about it only further deepens the cycle.

Take what you can from this board, whether it's because you like spreading your perspective on the game or whether you like hearing other perspectives, and leave the ******** behind. It's as simple as not giving a ****. Say it. It feels good to say it, "I don't give a ****."

But hey, that is just my opinion and I figured that maybe instead of giving perspective, some had lost it.

Enjoy the game tonight fellas. Welcome back Park.
I disagree with 90% of what you said and I'll quote what I do agree with:

I don't give a ****!


Edge is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 04:18 PM
  #37
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy
I have NO PATIENCE for an organization that lets a kid with talent like Prucha only play 5 minutes a game. This kid sacrifices his body and GETS in front of the net (it even paid off on his tying goal wed.) but yet somehow on plays a few shifts a game.
It's actually more like seven, but who's counting Anyway, Renney has talked about this some in that he is trying to work Prucha in slowly because in the czek league they do not play nearly as many games. He wants to make sure Prucha has some legs left when the spring roles around. Again it is a patience thing. If you are looking at this year as a development year and a year the kids might actually get to play in an NHL playoff, Renney is doing the right thing. Slow but sure. Hopefully Petr's here along time. He'll have plenty of opportunity to rack up 15 -20 minutes a game....as he matures. Renney is probably also mindful of the fact that some cement head would like nothing better than to run Prucha and take his little head off. Easing the kid in will give him a chance to observe how quick the game comes to you in the NHL.

Pizza is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 04:28 PM
  #38
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,129
vCash: 500
I guess Colorado was crazy then, Pizza...

by playing Hejduk so much in his first season, especially early on, after playing in the Czech league. I understand the thought, but I don't think it's the case in reality. For Prucha to play more, someone else may play less. Considering Jagr's out there for about 75% of the PP time, as are Nylander and Straka, and their even strength time is pretty much up there, that's where the time will likely have to come from and I don't think Renney's ready for that since he's looking for the orgnanization to gain respect and get some wins for a change. I don't think the transition is the reason for Prucha's ice time at all.

Fletch is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 05:28 PM
  #39
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,918
vCash: 500
Good point. I get what your saying. I'm just paraphrasing some quotes attributed to Renney. I seriously think the coach is a little worried about will o' the wisp Prucha. For all the talk about him playing bigger than he is, he's a smaller player than Milan by a pretty fair margin. In terms of transition from the xtra liga, that is what I'd be concerned with.

Pizza is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 05:42 PM
  #40
xander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Section A Lynah Rink
Posts: 4,081
vCash: 500
Thank you Park, that was much needed. I think you just said what alot of us have been driving at for some time, but not as succinctly or as organized as you did. Well done.


As for the state of the board, I really don't think it's worth getting worked up over, it's the nature of the internet. Your going to get a certain amount of immaturity, that your never going to be able to eliminate. But through it all I think there's a still alot of good hockey discusion that goes on too, so you take the immaturity as part of the package.

xander is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 08:11 PM
  #41
Park #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
by playing Hejduk so much in his first season, especially early on, after playing in the Czech league. I understand the thought, but I don't think it's the case in reality. For Prucha to play more, someone else may play less. Considering Jagr's out there for about 75% of the PP time, as are Nylander and Straka, and their even strength time is pretty much up there, that's where the time will likely have to come from and I don't think Renney's ready for that since he's looking for the orgnanization to gain respect and get some wins for a change. I don't think the transition is the reason for Prucha's ice time at all.
Fletch, please tell me you are not comparing Hejduk to Prucha.... They are different players completely.

I can tell you that Prucha's icetime is completely due to the transition. There is no need to play him 15 minutes a game now. Work him slowly, it's October. If in February, he's playing 5 minutes, then we can have a broader discussion....

Park #2 is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 08:15 PM
  #42
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,129
vCash: 500
No...

I'm not trying to insult anybody here in thinking that Prucha is Hejduk. However, there isn't much difference in Prucha getting up to NHL shape from the Czech Republic as compared to Hejduk. Thats's the only point I'm making in that regard. Sorry if my post implied that Prucha today is Hejduk when Hejduk started in the NHL (roughly the same age though, I believe).

Fletch is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 09:35 AM
  #43
natureboy*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
by playing Hejduk so much in his first season, especially early on, after playing in the Czech league. I understand the thought, but I don't think it's the case in reality. For Prucha to play more, someone else may play less. Considering Jagr's out there for about 75% of the PP time, as are Nylander and Straka, and their even strength time is pretty much up there, that's where the time will likely have to come from and I don't think Renney's ready for that since he's looking for the orgnanization to gain respect and get some wins for a change. I don't think the transition is the reason for Prucha's ice time at all.
I agree with everything you have said I can't post most of my opinions because I'm perceived as negative and a troll. But this is still not a heart felt rebuildment. Moore and Prucha should get MUCH MORE ice time especially PP time. Who needs to see that dang Jagr play for 2 minutes all of north america knows what the play is. Look at the Buffulo PP with the diversity and movement. Plus they actually have people stand in front of the net. Other then prucha and moore no one does it. I am in favor of bringing up Barenka and let him run the PP we have no defenceman to run the PP.
I watch a lot of other teams play and there ARE TONS of rookies playing and playing well on every team. The only reason Henrik is playing is because he has been great. If he had the start Weekes had he would be in hartford and Holt would be the backup. I just think we do not need to see Rucchin and straka and rucinsky talking up large amounts of ice time lets call up Fedorov Taffe, Barenka and see what they got. Plus give Prucha and Moore more ice time not just because they are kids but because THEY DESERVE it. We need to evaluate the talent we have.

natureboy* is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 11:04 AM
  #44
CJB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 285
vCash: 500
I think later on as the season progress you will probably see the young players having more ice times compared to what they are doing now.

CJB is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 12:00 PM
  #45
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy
I agree with everything you have said I can't post most of my opinions because I'm perceived as negative and a troll. But this is still not a heart felt rebuildment. Moore and Prucha should get MUCH MORE ice time especially PP time. Who needs to see that dang Jagr play for 2 minutes all of north america knows what the play is. Look at the Buffulo PP with the diversity and movement. Plus they actually have people stand in front of the net. Other then prucha and moore no one does it. I am in favor of bringing up Barenka and let him run the PP we have no defenceman to run the PP.
I watch a lot of other teams play and there ARE TONS of rookies playing and playing well on every team. The only reason Henrik is playing is because he has been great. If he had the start Weekes had he would be in hartford and Holt would be the backup. I just think we do not need to see Rucchin and straka and rucinsky talking up large amounts of ice time lets call up Fedorov Taffe, Barenka and see what they got. Plus give Prucha and Moore more ice time not just because they are kids but because THEY DESERVE it. We need to evaluate the talent we have.
Baranka is not a power play specialist

Patience.It's a long season

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 12:40 PM
  #46
Potted Plant
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
It's a long season, and I think what we've gotten so far is what we're going to get all season. A few games of inspired play, and then a few games of lackluster play where we have trouble scoring goals. I no longer think we're going to end up in the cellar, but I think I agree with Park that odds are we are not a playoff team this year.

Potted Plant is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 01:17 PM
  #47
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
What I find just a little worrysome is that how this team can't seem to score....at all, aside from the Jagr line.

Edge is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 01:36 PM
  #48
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
What I find just a little worrysome is that how this team can't seem to score....at all, aside from the Jagr line.
when you miss the net entirely half the time it's hard for the pucks to go in.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 01:54 PM
  #49
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,129
vCash: 500
Even the Jagr 'line'..

isn't scoring. Straka has zero goals. Nylander has two. Take away PP goals and Jagr has two goals and Nylander one. That, in my opinion, is a long-term problem as Jagr, as the season progresses, will not be getting his usual 7-9 PP minutes as I gather teams will start to get accustomed to the rules, or refs will relax them a bit. Renney should focus a little bit on how to get these lines going at even strength, and who would fit best with who, otherwise as teams get up to speed and in sync, they'll blow by these Rangers.

Fletch is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 02:46 PM
  #50
natureboy*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Baranka is not a power play specialist

Patience.It's a long season
Neither are Rosival, Malik, Kaspar, etc...

natureboy* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.