HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Patience My Friends.... Patience

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2005, 03:14 PM
nyr5186

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy
I agree with everything you have said I can't post most of my opinions because I'm perceived as negative and a troll. But this is still not a heart felt rebuildment. Moore and Prucha should get MUCH MORE ice time especially PP time. Who needs to see that dang Jagr play for 2 minutes all of north america knows what the play is. Look at the Buffulo PP with the diversity and movement. Plus they actually have people stand in front of the net. Other then prucha and moore no one does it. I am in favor of bringing up Barenka and let him run the PP we have no defenceman to run the PP.
I watch a lot of other teams play and there ARE TONS of rookies playing and playing well on every team. The only reason Henrik is playing is because he has been great. If he had the start Weekes had he would be in hartford and Holt would be the backup. I just think we do not need to see Rucchin and straka and rucinsky talking up large amounts of ice time lets call up Fedorov Taffe, Barenka and see what they got. Plus give Prucha and Moore more ice time not just because they are kids but because THEY DESERVE it. We need to evaluate the talent we have.
I think you're missing the point Park was making about patience. Yes, we do need to evaluate the young talent we have in the system, but that takes time. Its a continual process. You cant just implement such radical changes by throwing all the kids into the fire and expect them to develop. We're only three weeks into a long season in which guys like Straka, Rucchin, Nylander, etc. are bound to get hurt. Thats when Prucha will be asked to step in and take a larger role, and hopefully, depending on his play, never relinquish it.

At the same token I hope people understand that alot of these young guys - maybe even most of them - wont cut it with this team in the long run. They will either prove themselves incapable of sticking in the NHL or be outplayed by the Korpikoskis, Jessimans and Olvers. And that recycling will continue until, hopefully, the elite will stand out to form the basis of a good future.

Old
10-23-2005, 06:05 PM
natureboy*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr5186
I think you're missing the point Park was making about patience. Yes, we do need to evaluate the young talent we have in the system, but that takes time. Its a continual process. You cant just implement such radical changes by throwing all the kids into the fire and expect them to develop. We're only three weeks into a long season in which guys like Straka, Rucchin, Nylander, etc. are bound to get hurt. Thats when Prucha will be asked to step in and take a larger role, and hopefully, depending on his play, never relinquish it.

At the same token I hope people understand that alot of these young guys - maybe even most of them - wont cut it with this team in the long run. They will either prove themselves incapable of sticking in the NHL or be outplayed by the Korpikoskis, Jessimans and Olvers. And that recycling will continue until, hopefully, the elite will stand out to form the basis of a good future.
I would agree if they were throwing in a lot of kids but there are not. There is no reason that hollwig should have been sent down. We need to see if this kid can make it. We already know what rucchin can do. I',m just very skeptical about it. I don't think Moore, Prucha getting more ice time and seeing what Baranka and Hollwig can do is asking for too much. I for one would be excited to watch them play.

Closed Thread