HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Status of Patrick Eaves

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2005, 09:27 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

vCash: 500
Status of Patrick Eaves

Anyone listen to the post-game show and hear about the status of Patrick Eaves?

That bush league punk, Artyukhin, plowed him from behind into the end boards.

Thankfully, Eaves eventually got off the ice under his own power.

Old
10-22-2005, 09:34 AM
Razlo
#peskysens

Not sure about Eaves but found this on NHL.com

"Tampa Bay sent C Nick Tarnasky and RW Evgeny Artyukhin to Springfield of the American Hockey League."

I guess the league is gonna let this one slide? What if it had been Alfredsson or Spezza or Heatley that got hit like that?? Do you think they would've reviewed the incident or called a penalty at the time?

Me thinks they woulda

Old
10-22-2005, 09:37 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

McGrattan or Neil should have taken care of business.

I think there was something like 8 minutes left, so you don't get an automatic suspension. (last 5 minutes)

It seems as if you have to basically brawl in order for the league to acknowledge if any punk behaviour occurs.

Old
10-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Varada

too bad, because I really this kid: great hockey sense, skill and determination. And thus far, and Murray has noted this as well, he shows great chemistry with Alfie and they will form a dynamic duo sooner than later.

Old
10-22-2005, 09:49 AM
Razlo
#peskysens

I just can't understand why there was no call on the play. I think it was Millen who said that the puck was right near Eaves when it happened, and there were 4 guys on the ice that coulda made that call......they were ALL looking in that direction.

Maybe we need a 3 ref system? Oh GOD

Old
10-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Cat Called Bobcat

I'm pretty sure I saw Eaves back out there in the last minute or two of the game. Pretty sure he's fine.

Old
10-22-2005, 01:21 PM
lafite

I think the fact that he not only skated off on his own, but also went back to show the refs the damage done is a pretty good sign he will have a few stitches and lots of time for any swelling and soreness to go down.

But when Fisher comes back for the next game, is Eaves the odd man out, with Vermette (or maybe Fisher) switching to the wing? I think both Vermette and Kelly are doing their jobs quite nicely lately.

Old
10-22-2005, 01:27 PM
SENSfreak_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by how2lose101
I just can't understand why there was no call on the play. I think it was Millen who said that the puck was right near Eaves when it happened, and there were 4 guys on the ice that coulda made that call......they were ALL looking in that direction.

Maybe we need a 3 ref system? Oh GOD
how dare you insult gary galley by calling him millen, shame on you. no one deserves such an insult

Old
10-22-2005, 01:29 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafite
But when Fisher comes back for the next game, is Eaves the odd man out, with Vermette (or maybe Fisher) switching to the wing? I think both Vermette and Kelly are doing their jobs quite nicely lately.
Personally, I'd like to see Fisher tried on the wing with Alfie and Smolinski because Vermette has looked great at center.

Old
10-22-2005, 01:59 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
Personally, I'd like to see Fisher tried on the wing with Alfie and Smolinski because Vermette has looked great at center.
I thought Smolinski was turning it around after a very good game against Boston but he was invisible again last night. If Fisher gets back I would like to see Eaves with Fisher and Alfie and Smolinski on the 4th line with Varada and Kelly.

Old
10-22-2005, 02:00 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
I thought Smolinski was turning it around after a very good game against Boston but he was invisible again last night. If Fisher gets back I would like to see Eaves with Fisher and Alfie and Smolinski on the 4th line with Varada and Kelly.
Murray in the paper said Fisher will have to earn his spot back from Eaves. Has Murray not noticed the dead weight that is Bryan Smolinski?

Old
10-22-2005, 02:22 PM
NCSENSFAN

He did get back onto the ice in the last few mins of the game. He should be fine. I will look for him at practice tomorrow they are here in Raleigh, I missed practice this morning did not know they came in last night.

Old
10-22-2005, 02:34 PM
Lonnie Loach

Quote:
Murray in the paper said Fisher will have to earn his spot back from Eaves. Has Murray not noticed the dead weight that is Bryan Smolinski?

I'm all for Murray pushing guys like Fisher, but at some point he's got to be consistent with his players or he'll start to lose some credibility. If he's going to call out Fisher, he can't let Smoke have a free pass.

Old
10-22-2005, 03:01 PM
lafite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie Loach
I'm all for Murray pushing guys like Fisher, but at some point he's got to be consistent with his players or he'll start to lose some credibility. If he's going to call out Fisher, he can't let Smoke have a free pass.
This is purely speculation, but if Murray/Muckler were shopping Smolinski around, they certainly wouldn't be saying bad things in the press about him, and they wouldn't be sticking him on the 4th line either.

Old
10-22-2005, 03:12 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Is there any way we can swap Smolinski for Brind'Amour after this next game?

Old
10-22-2005, 03:24 PM
HF2002

I'm all for Muckler trading Fisher.

Fisher has had 1 season with more than 60 games played. For a supposed gritty player he sure spends a lot of time injured.

These injuries have hurt his development, his incessant injuries are going to hit the team budget a little harder now, and it hurts the team to be constantly waiting on this guy. Fisher is a good player, but he's not that good. Hell, he didn't even make the top 81 list. Everybody made that list.

You'd think that with access to top rate doctors, trainers and facilities, his rehab wouldn't continually be pushed back every day.

Trade Fisher.

Old
10-22-2005, 04:22 PM
lafite

Quote:
Is there any way we can swap Smolinski for Brind'Amour after this next game?
Did you say Smolinski and Havlat for Brind'amour and Cole? Hmmmm....

Old
10-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Human Megaphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF2002
his incessant injuries are going to hit the team budget a little harder now
We don't take the cap hit when he is on injured reserve.

Old
10-22-2005, 06:31 PM
HF2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Megaphone
We don't take the cap hit when he is on injured reserve.
So Fisher is on the IR? And what are the parameters that keep the Sens from putting any injured player on the IR to save a hit against the cap?

Cap hit or not, he's too unreliable. Move him.

Old
10-22-2005, 06:34 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
You just made an enemy on these boards!

Old
10-22-2005, 08:00 PM
TexSen

Quote:
So Fisher is on the IR? And what are the parameters that keep the Sens from putting any injured player on the IR to save a hit against the cap?

Cap hit or not, he's too unreliable. Move him.
I think I took a little heat for suggesting something like this just before the season began.

I love the player that Fisher is and all he brings to the team on and off the ice.

However......

I'm not sure at this point in his career if he's played more games than sat in the trainer's room, but I'm guessing the ratio is probably close to 60 percent healthy/40 percent injured.

In this new cap era it does hurt because the player called up to take his place on the roster (Eaves) does count against the cap. (from what I understand, but I'm not a capologist like Strachan or Healy)

Smolinski.........What is it about this team that can turn a mid-level NHLer into a dud? Prospal was traded or given away after starting a season 20 games without a point wasn't he? Muckalt went goalless for a season.....One point in six games for Smolinski? Surely we expect more from the guy. Maybe the new NHL isn't for him.

Old
10-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Pangu

Well as I said earlier, Salo was also injury prone, but seemingly has come out of it. I like the Salo trade still, but my point is that Fisher can also come out of his injury troubles. At this point I prefer gambling on Fisher's health rather than bring in a second player that is equally injury prone, or who could easily be replaced by Eaves, Vermette, etc. The only way I would trade Fish, is if we could package him and Smoke for a real second line center. Probably unlikely, but that's the only way in my books.

Old
10-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
McGrattan or Neil should have taken care of business.

I think there was something like 8 minutes left, so you don't get an automatic suspension. (last 5 minutes)

It seems as if you have to basically brawl in order for the league to acknowledge if any punk behaviour occurs.
Like I said in the game day thread, I think that Artukin, went to the bench sat down and then was sent right back on the ice by Torterella. And Neil was on the ice. I really think he wanted something to happen and hoped there would be a fight to make Tampa play less listless for the last 8 minutes in the hopes they could make a comeback. Perhaps I am reading too much into this but the coach sent him back on the ice for a reason since as a marginal player who gets little ice time, why keep playing him when you are hoping to make a comeback.

Or since he got sent down to AHL the next day maybe he was giving Ottawa a chance to get payback for the dirty hit?

Old
10-22-2005, 09:19 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:

Fisher has had 1 season with more than 60 games played. For a supposed gritty player he sure spends a lot of time injured.

These injuries have hurt his development, his incessant injuries are going to hit the team budget a little harder now, and it hurts the team to be constantly waiting on this guy. Fisher is a good player, but he's not that good. Hell, he didn't even make the top 81 list. Everybody made that list.

You'd think that with access to top rate doctors, trainers and facilities, his rehab wouldn't continually be pushed back every day.

Trade Fisher.
What would you get for him though? Until he plays a full season he has limited trade value. So limited that it would be pointless to trade him because you won't get the return you need for him. We are 6-0 and are pretty much the best offensive and defensive team in the league. I'd rather have Fisher injured at the start of the season then the end. Hopefully he is healthy for the playoffs when it matters.

Old
10-22-2005, 09:47 PM
RTWAP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSfreak_03
how dare you insult gary galley by calling him millen, shame on you. no one deserves such an insult
True. But they sound eerily alike ... except GG has a brain.

Closed Thread