HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT Sat. Oct 22nd: Colorado @ Vancouver

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-23-2005, 03:50 AM
  #126
SopelFan*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Richard Park
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,422
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
People were worried about our toughness.. but man do we hammer teams in the hit department. We probably have more big hits than most teams.

Ohlund, Salo, Allen, Jovo, Cooke, Ruutu, Goren, Carter, Bertuzzi... lots of big ones tonight.

SopelFan* is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 04:20 AM
  #127
RoyIsALegend*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaddik
may got called for a penalty he did not do, his team mate did it.
Yeah, that's why I called it a phantom penalty.

RoyIsALegend* is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 06:18 AM
  #128
cc
Registered User
 
cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,244
vCash: 500
way too early to call in quits during the game. a power play and you find the 4rth line out there for the nucks. It was obvious that Crow didn't want to run up the score like he did with Chicago which he received a little criticism for. Completely ridiculous in the new NHL where come backs are fairly common. The Canucks can't quit until the final horn and hopefully, that little scare at the end was a good lesson for that.

Most of the shots were taken from the outside and fortunately, Cloutier was able to see most of them coming. His biggest problems thus far has been rebound control and it looked like he's made improvements on that end.

cc is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 08:12 AM
  #129
edler von real gud
Registered User
 
edler von real gud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,594
vCash: 380
Send a message via MSN to edler von real gud
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc
way too early to call in quits during the game. a power play and you find the 4rth line out there for the nucks. It was obvious that Crow didn't want to run up the score like he did with Chicago which he received a little criticism for. Completely ridiculous in the new NHL where come backs are fairly common. The Canucks can't quit until the final horn and hopefully, that little scare at the end was a good lesson for that.

Most of the shots were taken from the outside and fortunately, Cloutier was able to see most of them coming. His biggest problems thus far has been rebound control and it looked like he's made improvements on that end.
I completely agree with your first point. It was something that pissed me off about Cherry, talking about not putting your best players out there and "running up the score" but hey Cherry, this ain't the old days, teams can make things interesting in a hurry. If it was 6 or 7-1 maybe you do that, but not if it's still 5-1. Hell, New Jersey was up 3-1 in the 3rd last night and gave up 3 goals and lost 4-3, which goes to show you no lead is safe.

edler von real gud is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 08:27 AM
  #130
BAuldie
Registered User
 
BAuldie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,880
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to BAuldie Send a message via MSN to BAuldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov
I completely agree with your first point. It was something that pissed me off about Cherry, talking about not putting your best players out there and "running up the score" but hey Cherry, this ain't the old days, teams can make things interesting in a hurry. If it was 6 or 7-1 maybe you do that, but not if it's still 5-1. Hell, New Jersey was up 3-1 in the 3rd last night and gave up 3 goals and lost 4-3, which goes to show you no lead is safe.
That pretty much sums it up.. means we are going to see more idiots like Eric Boulton running around unfortunately but you have to protect the lead and the only way to do that now is stay on the attack. Its just not possible to sit back anymore.

BAuldie is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 10:27 AM
  #131
Riven
Registered User
 
Riven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Westminster
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
It will be interesting to see how Crawford handles similar leads in the future. If memory serves me correct, he had the Kesler line out on a powerplay shortly before the flood gates opened for the Avs.

On that McLean goalie interference penalty, it looked to me like a legitimate call. The overhead camera showed that while Cloutier was on his knees, McLean hooked onto his leg and turned him. Cloutier was no longer square to the shooter. In this position he would have been almost completely unable to stop any shots on the right side of the net. What is not goalie interference about repositioning the goalie so that he can't stop shots?

Riven is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 10:36 AM
  #132
west in the east
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
I agree that there were a good number of soft calls both ways, but there is no way you can say the goaltender interference against clouts wasnt. He was obviously hooked out of position, the replay showed it clearly.

Other than that the nucks had a good one, apart from the last few minutes. Its good that they let their guard down now, because theyll hopefully learn from it, like they have done well with other things this season. Theyre getting different little things right everynight and its buiding up. I dont think theyre full stride yet. But, man, will they be good when they hit it.

west in the east is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 11:02 AM
  #133
Thalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500


Pic of the night for me. I did a similar pose when they won. Minus the skates of course.

Thalia is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 11:14 AM
  #134
Mizral
Registered User
 
Mizral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Earth, MW
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,174
vCash: 500
Obviously Crawford & the team has to know that they can't let the pedal off the metal until the game is done. Those 3 late goals were scary to watch, but I think this will be an abberation. I think it's great that they get to learn a lesson & win a game at the same time.

Also, yeah, the guy who said that we are really outhitting teams - good call. The Canucks blueline has been sensational in the hitting department. Allen is getting one huge hit a game, sometimes more. Ohlund too.

Mizral is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 12:34 PM
  #135
ArtG
Registered User
 
ArtG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
Minus the skates of course.
You had all that hockey gear on?

ArtG is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 12:35 PM
  #136
cc
Registered User
 
cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,244
vCash: 500
does anybody have the stats on scoring chances? I'm a little curious about that.

cc is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 12:56 PM
  #137
Victory Ali*
 
Victory Ali*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: North Korea
Posts: 5,878
vCash: 500
Was it my imagination or did Kesler rip it up on face-offs last night?

I was going like this when May scored

I was going like this when Brisebois scored

I was going like this when Tanguay scored

I was going like this when Linden scored

Victory Ali* is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 01:25 PM
  #138
Thalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtG
You had all that hockey gear on?
Absolutely. It's the only way to really get involved in the game. My garter holds up my socks way better than Jovo's though.

On to Minny. *yuk*

Thalia is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 01:33 PM
  #139
QuickDynamite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Abu Dhabi
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 4,815
vCash: 500
I thought the Avs outplayed the Canucks 5 on 5 last night. The difference was goaltending and special teams. Sedins had an awesome game, Morrison and Naslund played good, Bertuzzi was OK, Jovanovski was our best defenseman last night. I was happy to see May score.

It's funny. Late in the game the Canucks got a PP, I guess Crawford was trying not to drive up the score so he put guys like Kesler, Linden on the PP and it almost came back to bite him in the a**. One of the Canucks big problems the past few years is they always try to sit on leads, which they are really bad at. This should be a lesson to the Canucks that not even a 4 goal lead is safe in the new NHL.

BTW, What was with that Salo call near the end of the game? That was a phantom call if i've ever seen one. I'm betting if the game was 5-1 instead of 5-3 the ref wouldn't have called that. I even said to my friends when it was 5-3 that the refs would give the Avs a PP. It's pretty sad when you can predict what team and when they will get a PP. The refs are turning this into the NBA.

QuickDynamite is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 01:39 PM
  #140
QuickDynamite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Abu Dhabi
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 4,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Are you not going to comment on any of the terrible calls against Colorado?

Brad May got a phantom penalty, Brett McLean got a ridiculous goaltender interference call, Markus Naslund dove big time on that Wojtek Wolski hook, etc., etc.

It goes both ways.
Brad May didn't take the penalty, but his teammate did. He was just the wrong guy in the box. The Wolski penalty I thought was a dive on Naslund's part as well. Can't remember the McLean call.

QuickDynamite is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 01:43 PM
  #141
RoyIsALegend*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapel113x
Brad May didn't take the penalty, but his teammate did. He was just the wrong guy in the box. The Wolski penalty I thought was a dive on Naslund's part as well. Can't remember the McLean call.
Jesus, this is the third time I have to explain this in the last two pages.

When I say "A PHANTOM PENALTY" that means that the person didn't do anything wrong and there was no infraction on the play. I know damn well Brad May didn't do anything there, thus the PHANTOM part.

RoyIsALegend* is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 02:07 PM
  #142
Thalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
TSN:
Canuck captain Markus Naslund, who had two assists, said Vancouver was counting the two points before the final buzzer sounded.

"We weren't sharp," he said.

"It was like we had already won the game with five minutes to go and you can't let up on a team like Colorado. Hopefully it will be good for us. We have to play the whole period and finish them off."
---------
Good I hope they learned a lesson that the game's 60 minutes not 57.

Nice view from the top of the division.

The pesky Minny isn't too far behind though.

Minny must die.

Thalia is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 02:33 PM
  #143
MS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 14,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapel113x
It's funny. Late in the game the Canucks got a PP, I guess Crawford was trying not to drive up the score so he put guys like Kesler, Linden on the PP and it almost came back to bite him in the a**. One of the Canucks big problems the past few years is they always try to sit on leads, which they are really bad at. This should be a lesson to the Canucks that not even a 4 goal lead is safe in the new NHL.
That was really weak on Crawford's part.

When the coaching staff sends a message like that that the game's over, it's hard to blame the players for letting up, too. Very poor bench leadership.

It's not like the game was 8-0.

MS is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 02:34 PM
  #144
QuickDynamite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Abu Dhabi
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 4,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Jesus, this is the third time I have to explain this in the last two pages.

When I say "A PHANTOM PENALTY" that means that the person didn't do anything wrong and there was no infraction on the play. I know damn well Brad May didn't do anything there, thus the PHANTOM part.
And why are you making such a big deal about this? It was a penalty regarless. Who cares who's in the box and who isn't? I don't see why you'd complain about something this unimportant. It's not like Brad May is going to be on the #1 PK unit for the Avs.

QuickDynamite is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 02:42 PM
  #145
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
 
colonel_korn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: St John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS
That was really weak on Crawford's part.

When the coaching staff sends a message like that that the game's over, it's hard to blame the players for letting up, too. Very poor bench leadership.

It's not like the game was 8-0.
Maybe he was afraid Cherry would rip him on Coach's Corner next week if he put the top line out.

Oh well, at least it didn't take a 6-0 blowout this time to show the team that they can't just mail it in during the game.

colonel_korn is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 02:45 PM
  #146
Tb0ne
Registered User
 
Tb0ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,395
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tb0ne
Agreed with above posters that our team seems to be hitting more, even noticed the Sedins throwing their weight around lately.

Tb0ne is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 02:48 PM
  #147
nazzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCloutierFan
Was it my imagination or did Kesler rip it up on face-offs last night?
8-15, 53%.. not too shabby at all.
Hank was the best at face-offs last night, going 8-11.

nazzy is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 02:59 PM
  #148
RoyIsALegend*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapel113x
And why are you making such a big deal about this? It was a penalty regarless. Who cares who's in the box and who isn't? I don't see why you'd complain about something this unimportant. It's not like Brad May is going to be on the #1 PK unit for the Avs.
Man, are you missing the entire conversation or what?

Get a clue.

I'm not complaining about the penalty, nor who was in the box.

My issue is that I called it a phantom penalty, and then two people who don't understand the English language tell me that Brad May didn't do anything and didn't deserve the call. It's like you people don't understand what it means by calling it a phantom penalty.

Again, I'm not complaining about the call, the game, or anything... I'm complaining about your lack of understanding the language.

RoyIsALegend* is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 03:08 PM
  #149
Thalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS
That was really weak on Crawford's part.

When the coaching staff sends a message like that that the game's over, it's hard to blame the players for letting up, too. Very poor bench leadership.

It's not like the game was 8-0.
Very true on all counts. Hopefully Crawford got enough of a scare (I know I did) that he won't let up until the buzzer goes. Good lesson learned if that's the case. He would have looked like a complete fool if the Avs had tied it up.

Thalia is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 03:15 PM
  #150
RoyIsALegend*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,815
vCash: 500
Apparently you guys were worried over nothing.

According to Nucks fan, Comfortably Numb, he said there was never ANY CHANCE the Avs would come into the game, and he KNEW the game was over half way through the third period.

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...&postcount=197

I assume he's in the minority because many of you didn't think it was a guarantee the Canucks would win.

Can somebody tell this guy how wrong he is, please?

RoyIsALegend* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.