HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Impressions of Tyutin so far this year

View Poll Results: How do you feel Tyutin has been so far this year?
Better than I expected 14 15.91%
Just as I expected 63 71.59%
I've been disappointed 11 12.50%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2005, 01:34 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

vCash: 500
Impressions of Tyutin so far this year

So what do you guys think of him this year. I was at the prospect board and there was a thread about Staal. So I was wondering also if say Tyutin and Staal will be the top 2 D-men in the future who would be considered #1 and who #2. So that brought me to this, what do you guys think of him so far.

Old
10-23-2005, 04:04 AM
Shadowrunner

Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner
I would be exctatic if we had even one player from every draft that would turn out as Fedor did.

Old
10-23-2005, 07:19 AM
eco's bones

Tyutin has been mostly steady--not as flashy (so far) as he was a couple years ago. He does make mistakes now and again. He's quietly added some offense this year and should be a solid player. I should say I'm impressed with Max too although he made a couple boners last night.

Old
10-23-2005, 07:24 AM
shoothepuck

Tyutin has played very well this season, and as the season goes on he'll settle down and get better. I agree with eco, Max looks good too, besides the troubles of the other night.

Old
10-23-2005, 07:28 AM
Fletch

Inconsistent...

like you'd expect from a rookie...

Old
10-23-2005, 08:06 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

I think hes played very solid every game every night, except the last Islander game but he bounced back yesterday with one of his best games of the season and other then that(isles game) hes been very good for a rookie. I've always had high hopes for him so his play is just as expected.

Old
10-23-2005, 08:54 AM
Fletch

Wow, FLY...

you're really high on Toots...I would say he started out the season playing pretty mediocre hockey, followed up by some solid hockey, followed up by the second Isles game. Inconsistent from mediocre to very good. I actually think 'Drats has played better overall - and agains better competition - and improves every game - up until last night's game - I didn't think he played well.

Old
10-23-2005, 10:24 AM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
I've loved the way Toots has played. He is a perfect defenseman in many ways, actually. The only problem is he's being asked to eat more than he can stomach-- he has way too much responsibility too soon in his career. He's basically counted on to be the anchor of our defense... something that Poti should have stepped up and taking the helm of.

Old
10-23-2005, 10:31 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Personally, I think our expectations have been quite high. He's being counted on to log serious minutes and he is still a rookie. That's because he is arguably the best defenseman on the team. But that is more of a comment on the defense not Tyutin.

He is still young and will get better. He will also make his fair share of mistakes. What has impressed me is high looks like a veteran at time but he also has made som very immature plays.

Bottom line: about as I expected.

10-23-2005, 11:45 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
Tyutin has been mostly steady--not as flashy (so far) as he was a couple years ago. He does make mistakes now and again. He's quietly added some offense this year and should be a solid player. I should say I'm impressed with Max too although he made a couple boners last night.
He had a couple of boners last night? Was he checking the chicks out in the stands? Or did he spend TOO much time in West Point with the guys?

Old
10-23-2005, 02:05 PM
pld459666

I'm not disapointed

simply because I expected mistakes, like the one where he allowed Blake to get around him the other night against the Islanders.

I expect to see mroe before the season is out.

He's played as well as I expected him to play.

Old
10-23-2005, 09:59 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

I've been disappointed.

I don't know what to make of him. He isn't that great on offense (i understand that really isn't his game but.............) he isn't that great on defense. Maybe the rangers should change his partner. I happen to think that kasper is a very hard defenseman to be a partner of. Kasper roams and tjutin is young and perhaps it magnifies his mistakes when his partner isn't in postion.

he is a guy that needs to play more minutes and in more important situations because its time to find out if he is ready.

Old
10-23-2005, 10:23 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
I've been disappointed.

I don't know what to make of him. He isn't that great on offense (i understand that really isn't his game but.............) he isn't that great on defense. Maybe the rangers should change his partner. I happen to think that kasper is a very hard defenseman to be a partner of. Kasper roams and tjutin is young and perhaps it magnifies his mistakes when his partner isn't in postion.

he is a guy that needs to play more minutes and in more important situations because its time to find out if he is ready.
Tyutin has been playing with Poti since before the Florida game(although I didn't see the game against Buffalo so I don't know who he partnered with there). Max has been playing with Kaspar and for the most part they have looked better together than Kaspar and Tyutin did.

Old
10-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Tyutin has been playing with Poti since before the Florida game(although I didn't see the game against Buffalo so I don't know who he partnered with there). Max has been playing with Kaspar and for the most part they have looked better together than Kaspar and Tyutin did.
He was with Strudwick(who had a brutal game).

Closed Thread