HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

How About Parrish for Moreau or Dvorak And Rita???

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Still waiting for your proposal Darth Milbury.

Old
10-24-2005, 10:59 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
a bit unrealistic to think the Isles will trade a good player like Parrish unless its to fit a specific need on this team

Which right now is quality D.

10-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil
Still waiting for your proposal Darth Milbury.
That is because there isn't a deal there to be had.

The Isles are not trading a valuable player for the likes of Moreau, Rita, Dvorak, or Reasoner. None of those players would be of any interest whatsoever. You can build as many fantasy proposals around players of that ilk as you want - it won't come close to reality.

For some of those players (i.e, Reasoner) the Isles probably wouldn't be willing to give the Oil ANYTHING let alone Parrish.

They're not interested in deleting a key asset for picks or prospects either.

They could use a top four dman, but the Oil don't have one to trade. The Oilers are not going to trade Smith or Staois without getting a dman back, for example (and no, you are not getting Janne N as part of a package).

Now, if you are willing to trade Smith and Moreau for Sopel and Parrish (as Trottier suggested above) we can talk. But, I personally don't see the Oil doing anything that dumb.

I suggest you wait until the off-season, and hope that the Oil sign Parrish as an UFA. That is about the only way Parrish will wind up in EDM.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 10-24-2005 at 11:27 PM.
Old
10-25-2005, 01:20 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I suggest you wait until the off-season, and hope that the Oil sign Parrish as an UFA. That is about the only way Parrish will wind up in EDM.
So what kind of a value do you see from a guy that's an UFA and will likely not re-sign??? Sounds like a guy that will be dealt at the deadline if he's not re-signed. I heard that earlier in the year that Milbury and Parrish weren't seeing eye to eye, that is why I have mentioned him as the player that I key on from the Islanders. As for Reasoner he is a damn solid 3rd line center and one who is a far better bang for the buck than Peca is. I could see a team like Pittsburgh dying to get a guy like Marty especially at his $600,000 price tag for this season.

Old
10-25-2005, 02:31 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil
So what kind of a value do you see from a guy that's an UFA and will likely not re-sign??? Sounds like a guy that will be dealt at the deadline if he's not re-signed. I heard that earlier in the year that Milbury and Parrish weren't seeing eye to eye, that is why I have mentioned him as the player that I key on from the Islanders. As for Reasoner he is a damn solid 3rd line center and one who is a far better bang for the buck than Peca is. I could see a team like Pittsburgh dying to get a guy like Marty especially at his $600,000 price tag for this season.
If the Isles are out of contention, and Parrish is not going to resign, you are right that he could be moved. But, since the Islanders are not out of contention yet, he'll be an Islander for the near future. If the Isles look like there going to make the playoffs, he'll be here until the off season.

A little earlier in the year, Parrish probably was on the trade table. The Isles had made a longterm contract offer to Dipietro, and needed to slash $ from the payroll. However, Dipietro opted to sign a short-term deal, and the Parrish now fits comfortably on the payroll. Hence, he is no longer available.

What market value does he have as an impending UFA? Moot point. He isn't getting traded so his market value doesn't much matter.

As for Reasoner, I doubt any team is "dying" to get him. He is a dime-a-dozen third liner center. Good PK'er, and OK on the faceoffs, but too small and too injury prone to be of much interest. Maybe Pitt would want him, but so what? We're not talking about Pitt here.

I'm willing to bet that if Reasoner was on waivers - Isles would pass.

Old
10-25-2005, 04:26 AM
AgentNaslund*

stupid idea.

Mark Parrish proven scoring winger in the leauge trade him for

Moreau who is a journey men NHLER that will not make an impact
washed up winger in Radek Davorak. 40 point winger
or a Rita who wont be as good as Parrish,

when Isles aready have guys like York, Satan, Parrish, and Nillson.

stupid trade idea.

Closed Thread