HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2005, 11:00 PM
VaFlyer

vCash: 500
Trade Deadline

I know there have been rumors that Roenick himself is the future considerations to the trade, but what would everyone think about bringing Recchi back at the deadline? I doubt Pittsburgh will be fighting for a playoff spot, so would he be an option? What would he cost?

Old
10-23-2005, 11:27 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFlyer
I know there have been rumors that Roenick himself is the future considerations to the trade, but what would everyone think about bringing Recchi back at the deadline? I doubt Pittsburgh will be fighting for a playoff spot, so would he be an option? What would he cost?
isn't he signed for next year as well? i'm not sure i'm necessarily all that interested in adding any player at the deadline of that age that is signed past the season in question... simply for cap considerations going forward.

Rex was signed as veteran leadership in Pittsburgh... i'm not sure they are going to ship him off just because they are doing poorly, so he might cost a fair amount.

Old
10-23-2005, 11:49 PM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Pittsburgh won't deal Recchi I think he signed there to finish his career. However, getting Recchi at the deadline would be too good to be true.

If the Kings aren't in a playoff spot then it is likely we'll be getting JR back which I wouldn't mind. I really want to see JR get a Stanley Cup in his career.

I saw someone mention signing Ragnarsson at the deadline. That might be a brilliant move if he'd be willing to come back for the playoffs. Assuming we have injuries like always it would give us 2 viable extra defensemen in Therien and Seidenberg.

Hatcher - Johnsson
Pitkanen - Rathje
Ragnarsson - Desjardins

ex: Therien and Seidenberg

How sick would that defense be?

Old
10-24-2005, 12:10 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by easton122
Pittsburgh won't deal Recchi I think he signed there to finish his career. However, getting Recchi at the deadline would be too good to be true.

If the Kings aren't in a playoff spot then it is likely we'll be getting JR back which I wouldn't mind. I really want to see JR get a Stanley Cup in his career.

I saw someone mention signing Ragnarsson at the deadline. That might be a brilliant move if he'd be willing to come back for the playoffs. Assuming we have injuries like always it would give us 2 viable extra defensemen in Therien and Seidenberg.

Hatcher - Johnsson
Pitkanen - Rathje
Ragnarsson - Desjardins

ex: Therien and Seidenberg

How sick would that defense be?
i find the Roenick conspiracy theory -- i call it that just for fun -- rather interesting. if it does come to pass, and i think the Kings may be making the playoffs out there... or at least keeping it close, it would be great for the team. i'm not sure Hitch is a huge fan of JR, but he does play his heart out when the lights come on.

as far as Ragnarsson, there was an interesting quote that came out of Sweden following the Forsberg signing that suggested it made him pause to consider. given out cap situation, it may very well be that they told Rags to wait it out over there and they would see what the situation was later on... however, he did insinuate that it was made clear to him that a spot might be available for his return...

i'm sort of in the "it's time to let Seids play" boat. i want to see what he can do with a real shot at the show... the cap world forces you to keep your team young for obvious cost reasons, so i think it's important that they give him a full fledged sink or swim this year...

Old
10-24-2005, 02:13 PM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Recchi,as much respect as I have for him,ran out of gas last POs.Two years later,I doubt he's grown younger.

Old
10-24-2005, 06:44 PM
clumsysnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlyerphan
Recchi,as much respect as I have for him,ran out of gas last POs.Two years later,I doubt he's grown younger.
I absolutely agree with this, and I think the same logic extends to all of the Old Four - Recchi, Leclair, Amonte, Roenick. Leclair, in his last 4 years in philly, had a total of 5 goals and 12 points in 42 playoff games over 4 years. Recchi did a little better with 13 goals and 20 points in 41 playoff games. Amonte, 4 goals 15 points in 31 games over 2 years. Roenick did the best, 7 goals and 21 points in 36 games over 3 years.

And beyond the stats, we all remember how tired they were by the tampa bay series, how old they looked. Yes the defense was decimated, but I think a few less years on those legs and they would have been able to grind out another goal or two to get the finals.

I am for not bringing ANY one back, as much as we all loved them.

Old
10-24-2005, 07:13 PM
stanley

I think that after Dec. 1, Ragnarsson or others playing in Europe aren't eligible to play in the NHL this season if they haven't signed before then. Or is this simply a Russian transfer agreement kind of thing?

Verification here is welcomed.

Old
10-24-2005, 07:31 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
I think that after Dec. 1, Ragnarsson or others playing in Europe aren't eligible to play in the NHL this season if they haven't signed before then. Or is this simply a Russian transfer agreement kind of thing?

You're right, Stan

Old
10-24-2005, 07:34 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
You're right, Stan
Are you sure about that? I think he can. Any info will be helpful

Old
10-24-2005, 08:24 PM
lynchmob450

Adding Rags late in the season would be a SUPER move by Clarkie. Rags would solidify our defence as well as bring winning character to the Flyers (you can't have enough true tem players on your squad!).

Dec.1 would be fine for me

Old
10-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumsysnake
I am for not bringing ANY one back, as much as we all loved them.

if Seidenberg doesn't work out, then if they could get Rags here before December 1st, I'd probably say do it, but otherwise, as much as I like all of those recently departed, I want to go with younger legs.

Old
10-24-2005, 09:21 PM
easton122

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley

I thought that was until they're not playing anymore over in Europe/Russia?

So assume he plays past December 1st, his team makes the playoffs, his playoffs end before the NHL playoffs begins and we sign him before the trade deadline ( which is earlier this year )...

I actually forget when the Swedish elite league finishes their playoffs I thought it was a little bit before we started ours but I'm not sure.

Old
10-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO
Are you sure about that? I think he can. Any info will be helpful
They can't be signed after Dec. 1st. You might be thinking of that before that, if they play overseas, they must clear waivers first before they can play.

Old
10-24-2005, 09:28 PM
easton122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlyerphan
Rex got the flu at the tail end of the Debbies series and it seemed to linger on him. The year before he was our best player. I'd take him back without even considering it.

JR got us past the Leafs with a huge game 6. That earns him another run as well IMO.

LeClair and Amonte are just bad playoffs performers though.

Old
10-24-2005, 09:29 PM
easton122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
They can't be signed after Dec. 1st. You might be thinking of that before that, if they play overseas, they must clear waivers first before they can play.
What if we sign him but he continues to play overseas?

Old
10-24-2005, 09:34 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
so if he is a f/a they sign him, he must go through waivers? sounds really odd, if true forget about a league min deal for Rags as he would def get claimed. Unless he makes it perfectly clear he won't report to any one except the Flyers

Old
10-24-2005, 09:38 PM
easton122

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO
Unless he makes it perfectly clear he won't report to any one except the Flyers
Then the Devils would claim him...

Old
10-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by easton122
What if we sign him but he continues to play overseas?
I don't see how that is a possibilty, and even if it was, I don't see how there is a good reason to do so, since he would have to clear waivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO
so if he is a f/a they sign him, he must go through waivers? sounds really odd, if true forget about a league min deal for Rags as he would def get claimed. Unless he makes it perfectly clear he won't report to any one except the Flyers
If he made that ultamitum, and I was the GM of a team running neck and neck with the Flyers, I would still claim him, to stop the Flyers from adding him--they'd be pretty desparate for help if they had to turn to Rags. It would be analogous to the Randy Myers blunder in baseball, minus the $14M salary to do nothing, so it would be a smart move. If he doesn't play, he doesn't get paid, so there's nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Closed Thread