HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisarek or Ruutu?

View Poll Results: Komisarek vs Ruutu?
Mike Komisarek 60 33.33%
Tuommo Ruutu 120 66.67%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2003, 09:27 AM
JeromeHP
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Komisarek or Ruutu?

Komisarek or Ruutu?

My pick will be Ruutu because he will become a small version of Forsberg with skill and grit, leadership and fan-favorite but still komi will be good but not like the organisation would like to.

What you think?

P.S:
Komisarek:7th overall pick 2001
Ruutu:9th overall pick 2001

Old
10-09-2003, 09:46 AM
AK-47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan
Komisarek or Ruutu?

My pick will be Ruutu because he will become a small version of Forsberg with skill and grit, leadership and fan-favorite but still komi will be good but not like the organisation would like to.

What you think?

P.S:

It totally depends on the needs the team in question has. Personnally, I think we have a few players in the mold of Ruutu albeit not as talented and physical. What we didn't have and really needed was a physical juggernaut on D, a physical guy capable of clearing the crease that possesses decent offensive potential. Like I said, it depends on your need. Of course, the ideal situation would be to have both.

Old
10-09-2003, 09:48 AM
JeromeHP
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-47
It totally depends on the needs the team in question has. Personnally, I think we have plenty of players in the mold of Ruutu albeit not as talented. What we didn't have and really needed was a physical juggernaut on D, a guy capable of clearing the crease and being physical while having decent offensive upside.

what????

We don't have players like Ruutu with skill and GRIT and don't named Ward his got grit but no skill!

you could put Ryder in but that's 2nd line materiel there

Ruutu is 1st line materiel!

Old
10-09-2003, 09:51 AM
AK-47

Quote:
what????

We don't have players like Ruutu with skill and GRIT and don't named Ward his got grit but no skill!

you could put Ryder in but that's 2nd line materiel there

Ruutu is 1st line materiel!
I also said it depended on the team's need.

Ruutu is a playmaker ala koivu with the added bonus of size and a physical presence. Of couse, he's first line material, but I still feel we needed that physical presence first and foremost. That's all my post intended.

Old
10-09-2003, 09:55 AM
JeromeHP
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-47
I also said it depended on the team's need.

Ruutu is a playmaker ala koivu with the added bonus of size and a physical presence. Of couse, he's first line material, but I still feel we needed that physical presence first and foremost. That's all my post intended.

I got it AK-47 , im just a slow learner

Old
10-09-2003, 09:57 AM
AK-47

Quote:
I got it AK-47 , im just a slow learner

Just wanted to be clear.

Damn, any knowledgeable hockey fan would love to have a guy like Ruutu, he has all the potential in the world. I'm still very satisfied with Komo and I believe he has what it takes to become an impact player on this team. Hell, most GM's in the league would drool at the possibility of having this guy in their systems.

Old
10-09-2003, 09:58 AM
Habsaku

I don't think this poll is appropriate, none of them have done anything worth talking about, so how can you ask us who we would prefer? I'd rather see how both of them developp before making a choice, especially since I've seen nothing of Ruuto but the WJC.

Old
10-09-2003, 10:20 AM
Lil Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I don't think this poll is appropriate, none of them have done anything worth talking about, so how can you ask us who we would prefer? I'd rather see how both of them developp before making a choice, especially since I've seen nothing of Ruuto but the WJC.
I seen a highlight of Ruutu tripping coming out of the bench on a line change last night!

Old
10-09-2003, 10:20 AM
Marchy79

I chose Komisarek over Ruutu.

To me, I feel that the defensive stud on the back six is a WAY more important role than even future first line forward.

From what I saw of Ruutu last night, hawks fans should be very excited though (he's a gem).
But Komisarek from what Ive read on him, has the desire the intensity to be the best he can be...

Potentially, a guy who can play like Scott Stevens vS a guy who can play like Forsberg....

To bad we can't have both

Old
10-09-2003, 10:25 AM
Histrion

Send a message via MSN to Histrion
I took Ruutu, I think he has more value, has long as he can stay healthy... he's got knees problem I think... But, he's got more potential than Komisarek, IMO.

Old
10-09-2003, 11:26 AM
Prendan Brust

I choosed Ruutu, but it's more a question of preference than a question of talent. I just have a weak spot for talented, fearless and gritty forwards. I think they have equal upside.

Old
10-09-2003, 11:31 AM
Medicine Twin

I picked Komisarek. Ruutu was my second pick in that draft... ie. if Komisarek was already gone, Ruutu would've been my choice. M. Koivu was my 3rd choice but he was gone before Komisarek anyway.

Old
10-09-2003, 11:38 AM
Histrion

Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
You've never even seen Ruutu play. Stop talking ****
Why can't you argue seriously instead of just *****ing at people? You're making a fool out of yourself, calm down, man!

Old
10-09-2003, 12:07 PM
habsfansam

Komi over Ruutu...

I love skilled forwards, but big, nasty Dmen with grit, heart, skill, and a mean streak make me smile... i'm just waiting for Komi to break it open and show you guys how lucky we are... look around the league at defensive prospects who match his potential... there aren't many.

Old
10-09-2003, 01:23 PM
kobe

I would pick Tuomo Ruutu way before Mike Komisarek. Plain in simple, both are overhyped but only one can live up to it, it's Ruutu. Komi will a good number 3 or 4 defenceman in the NHL

Old
10-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe
I would pick Tuomo Ruutu way before Mike Komisarek. Plain in simple, both are overhyped but only one can live up to it, it's Ruutu. Komi will a good number 3 or 4 defenceman in the NHL
I think Komi has # 1 defenceman written all over him

For a guy who is all of 21... He has already displayed maturity, heart and desire...

I think he'll be top pairing by next year, and by Christmas 2004, it will be undisputed

Old
10-09-2003, 05:30 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Komo over Ruutu.....more heart and more of a team player

Old
12-23-2004, 01:17 PM
C-J...*

Quote:
Komisarek or Ruutu?

What you think?

P.S:

How can you even utter Ruutus name in the same sentence as Forsbergs? There is no other player like Forsberg, and I seriously dont think there will ever be. Hes got it all, even Gretzky lacked some major skills and assets that Forsberg´s got.

Old
12-23-2004, 01:41 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

It's not like this thread is old from October of 2003...

Old
12-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Darz

No doubt I would take Ruutu over Komi in hindsight, but I definately don't regret Savard's decision. I think after everything is said and done, Komisarek will be remembered as one of the top players selected in that draft.

12-23-2004, 01:51 PM
SuperUnknown

When you draft, you have to be happy when YOUR player develops. It's partly a crap shoot, and chances are there will be a better player drafted after your pick. That's just how it works.

I have no regrets on Komisarek because I think he'll become a force for the Habs.

Old
12-23-2004, 01:57 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Ruutu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruutu is a good two way center.He's bringing alot to the table.Last year , he had a great season with a team like Chicago.Ruutu has a lot of potential , He can easily become one of the best center in the NHL.

Komo isn't bad but Ruutu impressed me more so far.

Old
12-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
I think Komi has # 1 defenceman written all over him

For a guy who is all of 21... He has already displayed maturity, heart and desire...

I think he'll be top pairing by next year, and by Christmas 2004, it will be undisputed
Isn't the number 1 defenseman label usually thrown on the guy who scores lots of points while logging tons of minutes? A guy like Gonchar, Niedermayer, Bourque, etc. That would make Komi a guy who has #2 potential written all over him, because I just don't see him putting up big point totals in the NHL.

Old
12-23-2004, 02:12 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

I'll go with Komi. He's what we needed at the time, and what we still need. It usually takes Big D men longer to mature than any other player position. When this guy fully developes, I don't think we'll be crying for Ruutu.

Old
12-23-2004, 02:13 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
Isn't the number 1 defenseman label usually thrown on the guy who scores lots of points while logging tons of minutes? A guy like Gonchar, Niedermayer, Bourque, etc. That would make Komi a guy who has #2 potential written all over him, because I just don't see him putting up big point totals in the NHL.
You have a point to a certain degree, but I would imagine Rod Langway was considered a #1 d-man and he didn't put up a lot of points.

Plus I think Komisarek still has room to grow offensively. Don't see him potting 15-20 goals but he is smart enough that he could nab some power play time and get his share of assists.

Closed Thread