HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gdt: Senators @ Hurricanes

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2005, 05:15 AM
Random Ryan*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Random Ryan*
Gdt: Senators @ Hurricanes

VS

Ottawa Sporting a 6-0-0 record Vs the Canes 4-2-1 record.

Will we see alot more of this tremendous streak from Chris Neil?

Will Hasek be able to keep his unbeaten streak Alive?

How many points will the Heatley, Spezza, Bochenski line produce, or will we see a new line combo?

And the biggest question... Do the Hurricanes have what it take to defeat the sens

TELEVISION: SNET RDS
STARTS AT 7

Old
10-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Release The Lehner

Alfredsson didnít practise Sunday (flu-like symptoms), but expected to play vs. Carolina. Hasek also had a sore-throat and wasn't on the ice yesterday for practice. Hopefully it's nothing serious and they can both still perform at thier normal level.

Fisher (shoulder) still not ready for action. Eaves stays with the club. Fisher said he'd be ready for the game vs. Montreal but I think we've been hearing that for every game since he got hurt. It'll be nice to see Eaves' progression though; he has gotten better every game.

Hasek gets the start against Carolina -- looks for his sixth win of the season. With this being the weakest competition out of our next 4 games I wonder what game Emery is going to get since it's not this one. MON on Thursday, TOR on Saturday, and PHI on Sunday points to Emery starting against either TOR or PHI which should be a big test for him.

Old
10-24-2005, 11:48 AM
LannysStach
Thou shall

good points. maybe they WILL go with razor tonight, especially if dom's got a throat.
i certainly expect a win tonight. the game i'm concerned about is philly.

Old
10-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Human Megaphone

This game really worries me, and hasek and alfie being sick doesn't help. The canes have been playing okay of late, although you can never tell with their terrible division. Teams like this are always trouble.

Hopefully someone sneaks Brind'Amour into their bags before they leave.

Old
10-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Gus Fring

i hope they start emery on sunday incase the flyers wanna brawl

Old
10-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Razlo
#peskysens

Gotta play hard tonight and not assume that it'll be an easy win. I am fully expecting a win tonight though, no matter who is in Net.

Old
10-24-2005, 12:17 PM
NCSENSFAN

I got to listen in on the coach talking with the media yesterday after practice down here in Rale and to answer the goalie question he said that Dom is his guy and he is going with him. Ray will get games when they are closer together but when Dom can get rest between games he is the man. "Thats my guy I have to go with him," was something to the effect.

Old
10-24-2005, 12:19 PM
Release The Lehner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Megaphone
This game really worries me, and hasek and alfie being sick doesn't help. The canes have been playing okay of late, although you can never tell with their terrible division. Teams like this are always trouble.
I wouldn't worry too much. There record is decent at 4-2-1 (i think) but there wins have been against arguably the worst teams in the Eastern Conference, beating Washington (twice), Pittsburgh, and New Jersey (who was terrible when the faced Carolina). Then when teams with a bit more punch come along, like TB, TOR, and NYI, they lose. And considering we've beaten TOR twice, and TB I think we're in pretty good shape.

Old
10-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Random Ryan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senator
I wouldn't worry too much. There record is decent at 4-2-1 (i think) but there wins have been against arguably the worst teams in the Eastern Conference, beating Washington (twice), Pittsburgh, and New Jersey (who was terrible when the faced Carolina). Then when teams with a bit more punch come along, like TB, TOR, and NYI, they lose. And considering we've beaten TOR twice, and TB I think we're in pretty good shape.
Thats a good point, but i dont think this game is going to be a pushover. I think the Hurricanes are going to come out to a flying start, after about 5 minutes and we survive a goal, then we will have a great shot at winning. I hope Hasek is scrathed tonight, just to be safe and to get Emery into the swing of things. It's going to be a big game for Spezza, Heatley and Eaves tonight, I predict each with 1-3 points.
GO, GO!!!!!

Old
10-24-2005, 02:54 PM
ConJon

I always worry when the sens play bad teams, because they always come into them overconfident and end up losing. That was the old sens though, maybe they've dropped the habit.

By the way, did varada play against T-bay? I missed the game and didnt hear anything about him.

Old
10-24-2005, 02:56 PM
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConJon
By the way, did varada play against T-bay? I missed the game and didnt hear anything about him.
I wrote a little bit about him in the Post-Game Review thread.

He was basically unnoticeable, which isn't really a bad thing playing on the 4th line and coming off an injury.

Old
10-24-2005, 03:01 PM
ConJon

^ Thanks, I guess I forgot to read the post game review.

Old
10-24-2005, 03:11 PM
Pangu

Well on the plus side, our team should always think that they are the best and be quite confident. However, the good thing is that it we should be used to it by know. We have been one of the top few teams for years know. They have been over-confident so many times. Hopefully they are used to it and bring their A-game anyway.

Old
10-24-2005, 03:15 PM
VanCanuck

Let's go SENS

Old
10-24-2005, 03:35 PM
Pangu

Well it should be intresting to see Chara +Phillips vs the Staal line. By intresting I mean Chara should own him, but if he doesn't we may have some troubles.

Old
10-24-2005, 03:41 PM
Roo

I was at the ACC on thursday when they played the leafs. The hurricanes are a pretty good team guys. Ottawa better come out playing or else this might be their first loss of the season.

Personally, i think their first loss is coming on Saturday night though =P

Old
10-24-2005, 03:43 PM
Random Ryan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo
I was at the ACC on thursday when they played the leafs. The hurricanes are a pretty good team guys. Ottawa better come out playing or else this might be their first loss of the season.

Personally, i think their first loss is coming on Saturday night though =P
Theres only one thing that can come from that

and it is a song

Dreamer- Supertramp

Old
10-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Roo

is it that hard to imagine?

Your two closest games came against us. And while i respect your team, i feel that the Leafs are very capable of beating you guys. I'm not claiming that we're the better team at the moment, but lets face it, you wont go unbeaten all season long.

Old
10-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Roy G Biv*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo
is it that hard to imagine?

Your two closest games came against us. And while i respect your team, i feel that the Leafs are very capable of beating you guys. I'm not claiming that we're the better team at the moment, but lets face it, you wont go unbeaten all season long.
Of course you can beat us.. you don't need us to tell you that.

Your team has been good this year.. and will compete with MTL, BOS, and BUF for the 2nd spot in the div. I can't tell you who will get it though.

The Northeast is ridiculous.

Old
10-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Roo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner
Your team has been good this year.. and will compete with MTL, BOS, and BUF for the 2nd spot in the div. I can't tell you who will get it though.

The Northeast is ridiculous.
I was responding to the 'dreamer' quote. And honestly, i dont think the leafs have been GOOD this year. They've been good enough. There were a couple of games where they were good, but overall i would say, inconsistent. They can be alot better, and i think as the season progresses they will improve.

Old
10-24-2005, 04:28 PM
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo
I was responding to the 'dreamer' quote.
Like all fan bases, we have a spectrum of the pessimistic to the realistic to the optimistic.

Old
10-24-2005, 04:33 PM
Roo

maybe i took it a little to seriously, my apologies.

Old
10-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Random Ryan*

Any pre-game rituals? I usally pull out some hockey sticks and suck someone into playing with me until the game starts and between periods... im 3-1-0 on my season.

Old
10-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Volchenkov

So does anyone have the finalized starting roster? I'm curious who will be starting in goal tonight.

Old
10-24-2005, 04:48 PM
nneate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov
So does anyone have the finalized starting roster? I'm curious who will be starting in goal tonight.
Hasek will be starting tonight.

Eaves is still with the club and Fisher is still out.

Closed Thread