HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Recent Larry Brooks article...

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Recent Larry Brooks article...

http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/29962.htm

I think he's dead-on with all his observations, although I was scared to admit I agree with Larry, which is why it's taken a while to post this article.

edit: I forgot to mention that I really don't agree with moving Moore up to #2 center...

Old
10-24-2005, 11:04 AM
True Blue

Can't really disagree, except to say that I would not move Moore and Ortmeyer to the second line. Yes, Rucchin has been playing hard, but he is clearly not suited to top 6 minutes anymore. Meanwhile Immonen has been playing very well in Hartford. Maybe the solution is to bring him up, bench Hossa and play a second line that will have Rucinsky, Immonen & Prucha for a game. Let Rucchin play the 3rd line, with either Betts or Moore moving to wing.
I would have no problem if Niemimen was benched in favor of Hollweg.
And disturbing fact of the day. Is it me or is anyone else worried that Tyutin is a little Malakhov-like?

Old
10-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Fletch

I've been saying that...

for the past 18 months, TB. He's only 22 years old, though, and Renney has a chance to break those habits at a young age. Renney did the right thing by challenging him, now let's see what's next if he puts together some bad games (or let's hope he doesn't).

Old
10-24-2005, 11:44 AM
Larry Melnyk

Agree pretty much with Brooks on all his observations except Tyutin ....I know Tyutin hasn't been fantastic but in a league where EVERYBODY is adjusting, here's a 22 year old trying to do the same with the added pressure of being on the top pair and getting over 20 mins a night.....

Agree with the possibility of sliding of Rucchin to the 3rd C spot, that's where I always wanted him and mistakenly thought the Rangers would put him.....But it does leave a hole at 2nd C...Moore has shown great drive and effort, but not sure he's ready for that..but an audition would be OK in my books...ANd I would sure give Moore the shot over Immonen who he fairly beat out in training camp...let Immonen get his two way game going consistently in Hartford---no need to rush him unless for injuries....Another possibility is Straka as the 2nd C with a more physical forward playing with Jagr at even strength (where we are horrible) with Moore shifting over to wing on the 3rd or 4th line...

And yes, I think this team could use Hollweg back and there are quite a few forwards that could use a "rest", not just Niemenin....

Old
10-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Fletch

My concern with Moore...

is that he wears down with more ice time. I don't know what the magic number is...8 minutes, 10 minutes, 12 minutes or 14 minutes - but he's small and gets banged around there quite a bit. He's tailed off in each of his seasons in Hartford. In short stints, he's fine filling in (although he's better suited as a wing in this league), but in no way do I believe he's a long-term solution there.

Closed Thread