HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hoy there.

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2005, 12:50 PM
RangersMoogle

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
Hoy there.

I be Sock. I like hockey. That's about it.

However, over the past two years, my life has left me without much of a budget, or time to play hockey. As such, I've not been able to skate much over the past two years. I know I should've taken the time to find time to do so, but I didn't. We all make mistakes, blah blah blah and so forth, moving on.

From the ages of 12-17, I was playing hockey about twice a week, 35 weeks out of the year. I mostly played inline, because the damn ice rink was two hours away (Didn't stop me from playing ice for a couple seasons, though). As of now, I'm 19, and haven't skated since I was 17. Bad move on my part. Anyone else start playing hockey again after a two year drought? What's my best course of action to get back into my skating groove? I have my recreational, and hockey skates. I pondered using the recreational skates for a while at first, but would those help any? They're so damn stiff, I don't reckon they'd help me much. I'm definitely ready to physically kick my *** to get back in power-skating shape again, so feel free to give me pretty much any advice.

Old
10-26-2005, 02:09 PM
nspeen

vCash: 500
ha im 21 now and hadnt played since high school (i was 18). i just straight up joined a league this past summer thinking it would be some old dudes but it was all kids that were on varsity teams the season before. basically i was by far the worst player on the ice the first 3 games but after my legs got back into it i started playing a lot better. you should be fine after a few weeks

Closed Thread