HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How goaltending can steal games

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2005, 10:59 PM
jmjt9864

vCash: 500
How goaltending can steal games

For those who have centre ice or can otherwise watch Leaf games you would have seen how a true #1 goaltender can steal a game for a team tonight ... unbelievable .. which makes it more frustrating when mediocrity reigns

lets hope garon or labarberra can get to that level ..

Old
10-24-2005, 11:13 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
LaBs is doing better right now and has made some great saves. That being said i see him becoming great but nothing amazing while Garon i truly dislike him right now but the talent is there. If he steps up or stops making mistakes i think he has all the right things to become that elite goaltender we are looking for. This being said both are young give them time - Fukufuji would be cool as a backup simply because of the fans he'd give us and how vastly he increased in one year if he improves that much again watch out.
I dont know really anything about Quick. If we are lucky he will become something. Sure he was playing in only highschool but his stats were straight out god like. Going to be interesting to see how he does now

Old
10-25-2005, 12:02 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Gerber played awesome for the 'canes tonight as well.

Old
10-25-2005, 03:37 AM
Osprey

How can we expect two goaltenders with barely 50 games combined NHL experience to routinely steal games? Let's just be happy that they're actually keeping their team in the game every night. That, in itself, is quite impressive.

Let's look at Garon...

It seems like many Kings fans have already given up on Garon. Let's illustrate how foolish that is by looking at where Garon stands in terms of other young goaltenders. These were their records after their first 47 games in the NHL:

Garon: 47 games, 18-22-3
Theodore: 47 games, 14-23-2
Giguere: 47 games, 14-22-5
Kiprusoff: 47 games, 14-21-3

So, Garon has a better record than a winner of the Vezina and Hart Trophy had at this point in his career, as well as better than two goalies who took their teams to the Stanley Cup Finals, one of which won the Conn Smythe Trophy. Can we let that, alone, end this bickering and impatience over Garon?

Old
10-25-2005, 04:46 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Just a few moments before Ed Belfour became completely unconscious (figuratively), there was a screen cap about how lousy he'd been doing in his past 3 games (13 goals against)... when he gave up the fourth Boston goal, and the Leafs fell behind 4-3, he was hardly stealing ANYTHING but his salary. But the final 15 minutes of hockey (pre-shootout) was as good as anything I have seen in years in the NHL.

And yes, Gerber was outstanding in thwarting Ottawa's continued attempt to come back and tie that game too.

All in all, I was very impressed with the quality of Eastern Conference hockey played last night.

Old
10-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Game Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
All in all, I was very impressed with the quality of Eastern Conference hockey played last night.
To those who constantly ***** about Tubby's constant negativity, I present Exhibit A.

Old
10-25-2005, 11:17 AM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
How can we expect two goaltenders with barely 50 games combined NHL experience to routinely steal games? Let's just be happy that they're actually keeping their team in the game every night. That, in itself, is quite impressive.

Let's look at Garon...

It seems like many Kings fans have already given up on Garon. Let's illustrate how foolish that is by looking at where Garon stands in terms of other young goaltenders. These were their records after their first 47 games in the NHL:

Garon: 47 games, 18-22-3
Theodore: 47 games, 14-23-2
Giguere: 47 games, 14-22-5
Kiprusoff: 47 games, 14-21-3

So, Garon has a better record than a winner of the Vezina and Hart Trophy had at this point in his career, as well as better than two goalies who took their teams to the Stanley Cup Finals, one of which won the Conn Smythe Trophy. Can we let that, alone, end this bickering and impatience over Garon?
GREAT post.

Old
10-25-2005, 12:49 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjt9864
For those who have centre ice or can otherwise watch Leaf games you would have seen how a true #1 goaltender can steal a game for a team tonight ... unbelievable .. which makes it more frustrating when mediocrity reigns

lets hope garon or labarberra can get to that level ..

I still think Belfour best days are behind him.
im sure hes glad he doesnt have to see the Flyers for awhile.

Closed Thread