HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Chicago @ Nashville (Game 8) 10/25 7:00 CST

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2005, 06:38 AM
Pred303

vCash: 500
GDT: Chicago @ Nashville (Game 8) 10/25 7:00 CST

Gameday... preds get the blackhawks coming off a strong chicago win over Minnesota Sunday... Hawks now 3-5 averaging 2.88 goals a game (17th),while giving up 3.62 a game (25th), but don't let that fool you. They've actually been among the better teams in the league even strength so far, outscoring opponents 13-10 even strength.

Chicago's weakness has been discipline. That coupled with a poor pk so far has killed them. They averaged over 21 PIM's a game, and their pk has a kill % of 79% (20th). Combining the two, means they have given up 14 pp goals(to 5 for the preds for example). On top of that they have given up the most 5 on 3's in the league(4). One of their weaknesses, that has also contributed to this pk'ing weakness has been faceoffs. Only 48.2% (23rd).

These areas the preds have to take advantage of tonight, this will almost surely turn into a special teams game. We need to kill them in the faceoff circle, and get our pp going for this one. Get ahead of them and they will take penalties. The team that scores the most pp goals will more than likely win.

Injuries;

Blackhawks..daze(back), ruutu(back), calder(elbow) are out.
Preds... Markov(groin) did not practice and is out tonight and doubtful tomorrow. Might possibly return Saturday according to trotz. Walker missed practice(abdomen strain) but is probable tonight. According to the team he went and had xrays yesterday to try to see how serious this was. No word yet whether it's a strain or a hernia type injury. Should know tonight i guess, this one worries me.

As they all usually are when the preds play, this should be a tough one. Chicago always gives us trouble. They've had 5 fighting majors this year, I expect Preds to dress both Hordichuk and Stevenson. But since Allison will start, they could sit one of these down and give Gamache a shot instead of one of those other two.

This one worries me.

Old
10-25-2005, 07:52 AM
Pred303

Another question to ponder.... with back to backs tonight and tomorrow... does mason get his 2nd start either against Chicago or Columbus?..i think we have 15 back to backs this year...sounds about like the number of starts trotz would want mason to get..

which one would you give mason the start in if you were trotz if he decides to do this?

Chicago? probably playing a little better than Columbus, game at home though, might make it easier on mason.

Columbus? who just got hammered twice by the wings at home, but it'll be a road game for us.

Old
10-25-2005, 07:55 AM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
This one worries me.
You worry about EVERY one....You're worse than my freaking mother

Old
10-25-2005, 07:57 AM
handtrick

Quote:
Another question to ponder.... with back to backs tonight and tomorrow... does mason get his 2nd start either against Chicago or Columbus?..i think we have 15 back to backs this year...sounds about like the number of starts trotz would want mason to get..

which one would you give mason the start in if you were trotz if he decides to do this?

Chicago? probably playing a little better than Columbus, game at home though, might make it easier on mason.

Columbus? who just got hammered twice by the wings at home, but it'll be a road game for us.
I think one factor will be Vokoun's neck....if it is pretty sore and stiff....Mase probably starts tonight...if not, he probably goes against the BJ's, IMO

Old
10-25-2005, 08:00 AM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
You worry about EVERY one....You're worse than my freaking mother
she a big preds fan too?

Old
10-25-2005, 09:06 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
she a big preds fan too?
What does her size have to do with this? I think he's calling your mom out handtrick..

Old
10-25-2005, 09:08 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Is tonights game part of a partial package?

Old
10-25-2005, 09:24 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I *think* it is, but don't hold me to it.

Old
10-25-2005, 09:52 AM
preddevil

Quote:

half-season: yes
Rival pack: yes
Ice pack: no

Old
10-25-2005, 10:10 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

just called to get tickets my normal section is sold out.....

Old
10-25-2005, 10:34 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 1000
I think you definetly have to play Vokoun tonight if his neck is ok, and Mace against Cbus. The Jackets just havent been finding the net lately and Chicago will play us tough.

Old
10-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Gardebut30

As a Hawks fan, I'll say 4-2 Preds. We are missing some key guys that would make a difference, but still. Hope Khabby plays well tonight, can't see Andy getting the start against you.

Old
10-25-2005, 11:44 AM
handtrick

Quote:
What does her size have to do with this? I think he's calling your mom out handtrick..
Trigg....he can call my Mom out all he wants [she weighs 110lbs by the way], but if he talks about my wife like that, she would open up your can of whup @ss on him all by herself....

Old
10-25-2005, 11:55 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

LOL, you going tonight? Come up to the Wolfy's if you are...

Old
10-25-2005, 12:11 PM
handtrick

Quote:
LOL, you going tonight? Come up to the Wolfy's if you are...
Yea....hard to tell when we will get away with the kids in school and all....we have sat down next to the stage in Rippy's on occasion....is Wolfy's still closed or did it reopen?

Old
10-25-2005, 12:13 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

it's in the arena tower now.....

Old
10-25-2005, 12:19 PM
handtrick

Quote:
it's in the arena tower now.....
wow...hadn't heard that...how early do you have to get there to get a table for 5?
They still serve burgers and such, I presume....

Old
10-25-2005, 01:27 PM
jstreet
Smashville

It looks like I will get Chicago's feed on my Center Ice, but not Nashville's. What's up with that?

Old
10-25-2005, 01:35 PM
pred33fan

FSN isn't carrying this game so we're going to have to deal with the Hawks announcers.

Old
10-25-2005, 01:43 PM
jstreet
Smashville

well I guess it will be ok to hear someone else's perspective. Although I really love listening to Crispy and The Professor. Those guys make the game enjoyable no matter what the score is.

I dont know if it has been mentioned yet but I read that this is Nashville's 500th regular season game. There is a really great pre-game writeup over at blackhawkzone.

Old
10-25-2005, 01:50 PM
lstcyr

But did you know it's Trotz's 499. Apparently he took a game off for a funeral (?) a couple of years back. Trotz told one of the papers it was the game that Bordeleau broke his neck but I don't remember that happening.

Old
10-25-2005, 01:51 PM
Radulov for Czar*

I don't know if I will be in attendance, but if not I will be watching on center ice for sure. Pity the poor college student.

Old
10-25-2005, 01:56 PM
pred33fan

Wasn't the Bordeleau incident in the first season?

Old
10-25-2005, 02:57 PM
fullmetalninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
well I guess it will be ok to hear someone else's perspective. Although I really love listening to Crispy and The Professor. Those guys make the game enjoyable no matter what the score is.

I dont know if it has been mentioned yet but I read that this is Nashville's 500th regular season game. There is a really great pre-game writeup over at blackhawkzone.
Foley may be the best play by play man in the league. He has been more entertaining than our team the last 3-4 seasons.

Troy Murray is brutal- you can now feel our pain

Last year, there were some whispers that Sullivan had a lot more fans amongst blackhawk fans than his teammates. I don't know how true it is, but we'll see. A couple of runs at him were definately highlighted after the trade though- so you could see something tonight.

Tonights game will be which flow wins over. The hawks are slow slow slow and we have a lot of lazy forwards. On the other hand, the hawks are pretty big up front- and in their wins they have dominated physically.

Should be interesting... I'd wish ya luck- but I don't really like the preds at all

-fullmetalninja

Closed Thread