HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade Proposal Berg And Belak........

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2005, 11:20 AM
ACC1224
Steelers 4 - 3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayItAgain

Maybe because the get 4 times the icetime that Belak does.
they play 40 mins a night?

Old
10-27-2005, 12:19 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayItAgain

Maybe because they get 4 times the icetime that Belak does.

**EDIT**

Actually I did some quick number crunching. If you include ice-time, Belak averages 50% - 100% more minor penalties than those guys mentioned.

To summarize, Belak = Penalty Machine.

Belak doesn't play on the PP or PK. I checked and they are all around the same with 5 on 5 ice time where you would guess that this is where these players are taking the penalties. Unless the people I mentioned take most of their penalties on the PP or PK, then you averages are wrong.

Old
10-27-2005, 12:38 PM
selltrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
No team wants Berg and Belak. Not one single NHL team would take them for any draft pick. End of story. Belak is quite clearly one of the worst players in the NHL, and is a retarded penalty machine. Berg is a 6th defenseman, the type of which commands future considerations.
That has to be one of best lines ever, retarded penalty machine, I love it

Old
10-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
No team wants Berg and Belak. Not one single NHL team would take them for any draft pick. End of story. Belak is quite clearly one of the worst players in the NHL, and is a retarded penalty machine. Berg is a 6th defenseman, the type of which commands future considerations.

LOL, "retarded penalty machine" = best description of Belak of all time

Old
10-27-2005, 05:25 PM
BuppY

Belak sucks. Berg sucks. combined they suck. If they were to be packaged in a trade... umm NEVER WILL HAPPEN NO ONE IS THAT RETARD TO GET BOTH OF THEM.

Old
10-28-2005, 02:40 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Dumb question: why didn't the Buds buy these guys out?

Old
10-28-2005, 02:42 AM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
Dumb question: why didn't the Buds buy these guys out?
Actually, they weren't even under contract, the Leafs re-signed them.

Pat Quinn has gone on record as saying that he feels Aki and Wade are good skaters for their size and are solid on the blueline.

Old
10-28-2005, 05:52 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes
That's because he's playing defence.. If he was playing forward, he wouldn't be as much of a whipping boy. And it's not homerism.. he CAN fight and is an excellent enforcer. For the record, Chara, Niinimaa, Guerin, Witt and Gonchar have more minors than Belak.
Belak gets 8 minutes a game and they all get triple that, I bet Belak is right up there with minors per minute played.

You know when youre wrong when Leaf fans (not exactly the most objective in the world) are agreeing with me that he is abysmal. Who cares though, when they play the Flyers, I love it when he and McCabe are suited up.

Old
10-28-2005, 08:08 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habeas Corpus
I'd trade Sundstrom for Belak. Overpayment from Montreal but the salaries make it a little more even. Belak could then be used as a fourth line enforcer, as he should be. I doubt T.O would want to trade Belak within the division though.
I wouldnt do that. Belak is tough as nails but it seems nowadays tough guys need to be able to play too. So that makes Belak just as useless as Ivanans and Vandermeer. The salary difference is marginal, little over 300k and Habs no reason to dump salaries anyhow - especially when Sundström is as almost exactly what teams need in the new NHL (easy skating penalty killer).

Old
10-28-2005, 08:30 AM
Diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by H N I C
Belak sucks. Berg sucks. combined they suck. If they were to be packaged in a trade... umm NEVER WILL HAPPEN NO ONE IS THAT RETARD TO GET BOTH OF THEM.
But - and - equal +, so why don't Belak and Berg equal good?

Old
10-28-2005, 08:32 AM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Belak leads your team in PIM but his total is inflated by his 10 mins misconduct penality. He also had a 5 minutes.

33-15=18 - on 9 games it gives a penality per game. For a big tough guy, it's not that bad.

What about McCabe's 8 minors? I've seen one of those against the habs... a pretty smart cross check in the back after the play was stopped.

Old
10-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Habeas Corpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman2
I wouldnt do that. Belak is tough as nails but it seems nowadays tough guys need to be able to play too. So that makes Belak just as useless as Ivanans and Vandermeer. The salary difference is marginal, little over 300k and Habs no reason to dump salaries anyhow - especially when Sundström is as almost exactly what teams need in the new NHL (easy skating penalty killer).
Well, I like Sundstrom, but we have many good penalty killers and no real enforcer. Belak is a major upgrade over Ivanaans or Vandermeer in that department. For penalty killers on par with Sundstrom we have:
Begin
Bulis
Higgins
Bonk
Koivu
Plecanek

I just think we could afford to lose Sundstrom and he is valuable to some teams, especiallt to T.O with their lack of depth on the wings.

We could have used Belak in last nights game. Neil and McGratton were taking some liberties.

Closed Thread