HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit v. Columbus

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2005, 08:46 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Detroit v. Columbus

Watching this game on OLN, Columbus is absolutely terrible. Detroit hasn't played their best game in my opinion. They owe their lead to their power play as their ES isn't hitting on all cylinders tonight.

But Columbus is just inept. Zherdev has looked absolutely terrible. He plays with all the aggressiveness and feistiness of a typical skilled player (read: none), and with the skill of your typical fourth line grinder. The guys decisions are bad. His passes are bad. His effort is bad. He came down on a 2-1 and I didn't even bat an eye. It just didn't feel right from him. Like he was going to find a way to avoid making a play. And sure enough, he never even thought about shooting it and put himself in a final position where he had to take a bad angle shot or force the puck through the defenseman for a play. Naturally he banked it off the defenseman and into the corner. I thought he would struggle this year as the coaches insisted on him participating in his own zone, but I never thought this was the problem. When I first read about his struggles, I figured it had a lot to do with the lack of talent surrounding him. But I'll be honest, I think he's dragging those around him down.

Any team that has played them to date should thank their lucky stars they met them at this stage of the season. Without Nash, they are just lost. Whenever the puck falls onto the stick of a BJ in scoring position, it's generally an AHLer like Hartigan. He had several chances to make plays and just didn't have it in 'em.

Another thing I've noticed is that it seems like CBJ is a step slow. Detroit is a very good skating team, but they aren't chocked full of burners like some teams. For every Draper and Cleary they have guys like Shanny and Homer. Regardless, they are leaving CBJ in the dust. I don't know if Columbus is just tired or what. But Detroit is flashing a nasty combination of speed and skill (at speed) that Columbus just cannot touch. Hopefully Nash stays out for Wednesday nights game, cause I would love to see us get a crack at them in this state. Hopefully the game against Chicago won't take too much out of us because this team is prime for the picking.

When they get Nash back, they'll get a little better. And as their confidence builds, the team will begin to gel better and the newcomers won't stand out so much. I hope we get a bunch of games in before that happens.

Last edited by SmokeyClause: 10-24-2005 at 08:52 PM.
Old
10-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Guy Legend

I can't wait to see you guys play the Wings. Both teams are absolutely dominating the standings.

For the record, I hope the Preds can win the central this year. They are the only team actually capable of dethroning Detroit from winning the Central.

I guess I can thank the Blue Jackets thus far for keeping the Blues company at the the bottom. The Hawks haven't looked that great either.

Old
10-24-2005, 08:59 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm watching the Canes and the Sens game Canes scored 3 goals to take the lead...

Old
10-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

the BJs-Red Wings game was over when Goertzen boarded Lilja ... cheap shot, I might add

Old
10-24-2005, 09:54 PM
handtrick

Smokey..,,,,I noticed how slow the Jackets looked as well, but I also was thinking that the RedWing's team speed, althought much better than the BJ's, wasn't even in our league......I thought the skill was there just not the team speed....

Old
10-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Hendo2k

Send a message via ICQ to Hendo2k Send a message via AIM to Hendo2k Send a message via Yahoo to Hendo2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
Smokey..,,,,I noticed how slow the Jackets looked as well, but I also was thinking that the RedWing's team speed, althought much better than the BJ's, wasn't even in our league......I thought the skill was there just not the team speed....
then u havnt seen many Red Wings games this year. they have been the fastest team on the ice outside the Vancouver game they played. they outhustle alot of people. Babcock has them playing hard everynight. the lone slower players they have now are Shanny(PF) Holmstrom(his game is in front of the net) Lang(hands of magic tho)Yzerman(lost a big step, hasnt played much)

i wouldnt go into the game against the wings thinking your gonna skate circles around them by any means.

Old
10-26-2005, 02:15 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
I hope Zherdev scores a hat trick tonight. It should be a interesting game to say the least.

Old
10-26-2005, 04:13 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

I hate to say, dru, that avatar is an instant classic...

Closed Thread