HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Offers for Leopold

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2005, 08:52 PM
Jessie Lumsden

vCash: 500
All Patrick ever quotes is stats, that's why I love the guy so much. He can't tell you the first thing about girls, but he can tell you that the Flames powerplay is hitting at an 88% clip at home and that Ritchie Regehr has a 3.14159 cm mole on his upper thigh, far eclipsing his brother Robyns mole on his left earlobe which measures a measly 1.13 cm

Old
10-25-2005, 09:21 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie Lumsden
All Patrick ever quotes is stats, that's why I love the guy so much. He can't tell you the first thing about girls, but he can tell you that the Flames powerplay is hitting at an 88% clip at home and that Ritchie Regehr has a 3.14159 cm mole on his upper thigh, far eclipsing his brother Robyns mole on his left earlobe which measures a measly 1.13 cm
I'm not sure how Patrick's knowlege of girls is relevant, but he does know a lot more about hockey than stats. Chatboard discussions tend to focus on stats, and that is why he cites them.

Old
10-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Johnnybegood13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
stats can be misleading. One good game and Leopold can easily catch Manny Legacy, Rick Dipietro, and Olaf Kolzig in scoring.

Thats the problem around here, too many guys put too much faith into stats. If T@T and Patrick say that Leopold is as good as last year's calder winner, havlat, samsonov et al, then I say lets believe them and move on.
Right,it's all about needs,wants and who's expendable,I think a guy like Havlat wouldn't be missed in Ottawa all that much but could help Calgary...not so sure Ottawa needs Leopold though!

Old
10-25-2005, 09:43 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakiet
What's your point? Being 88% at home indicates that the elements are there to get the PK bumped up to at least 15th in the league, 27th is nothing to be proud of. The idea of trading Yelle is ridiculous, our PK isn't consistent yet, throwing Yelle into a Leopold deal would make our PK more volatile.
I never said trade Yelle. I just pointed out the Flames PK is much much betetr at home than on the road.

Old
10-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Rakiet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
I never said trade Yelle. I just pointed out the Flames PK is much much betetr at home than on the road.
yes whats your point..it has nothing to do with Leopold being traded

Old
10-25-2005, 10:22 PM
HuskyFlames

What about another divisional trade. Last time the Flames dealt a previous future star defenseman (Morris), so what about Leopold to the Wild. In return Daigle and Shultz, where the Flames add back of course, with either picks, prospects or another PRO team player (not sure who). Is Minny in need of a solid puck moving defenseman? Kuba is getting up there in age isn't he?

Old
10-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Jessie Lumsden

Patrick, I'm not trying to be hard on you buddy, but give your head a shake. Daigle on a Darryl Sutter coached team?? Are you absolutely serious?? Saprykin was lucky to last a full season under Sutter.

Old
10-25-2005, 11:03 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Patrick, I'm not trying to be hard on you buddy, but give your head a shake. Daigle on a Darryl Sutter coached team?? Are you absolutely serious?? Saprykin was lucky to last a full season under Sutter.
It's really not any weirder than Daigle on a Lemaire coached team.

Old
10-25-2005, 11:48 PM
Jessie Lumsden

Lemaires teams have always been full of Europeans and Quebecois. Sutter has three players - Hamrlik, Nilson, and Kiprusoff - that are not from English speaking North America. Yes I know where Yelle is from.

Old
10-26-2005, 12:12 AM
DJ Spinoza

I haven't been able to see Calgary play this year other than highlights, but it appears from reading the boxscores that he is regularly the top minutes guy for Calgary. I don't think they would want to move him right now.

Old
10-26-2005, 12:26 AM
johnny cool

Send a message via AIM to johnny cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing
I haven't been able to see Calgary play this year other than highlights, but it appears from reading the boxscores that he is regularly the top minutes guy for Calgary. I don't think they would want to move him right now.
fair point, but once regehr comes back, calgary still has 4 guys that can play 20-25 minutes per night (hamrlik, regehr, phaneuf, and warrener)

Old
10-26-2005, 12:47 AM
fcbarcelona

Vaananen, Hinote and 1st round pick.

Old
10-26-2005, 12:55 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
Good gosh that is an overpayment! Ossi V. is a total stud.

Old
10-26-2005, 01:00 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Good gosh that is an overpayment! Ossi V. is a total stud.
Maybe I'm out to lunch but I'd have to debate moving Vaananen alone for Leopold. I like Jordan Leopold's game but Vaananen is a very steady defender in his own end and he's still fairly young as well.

Old
10-26-2005, 01:05 AM
Ozy_Flame

I would guess any forward coming back to Calgary in a return for Leopold is going to have to be defensively responsible, so that cuts about two-thirds of all equal trade bait right there. I highly doubt Sutter would be interested in an Alexander Daigle type.

Also, any trade proposals should not have Calgary's return on Leopold center around another marquee defenseman like Schultz or Niinimaa, that's just redundant. Calgary needs goal-scoring badly, not another stud defenseman. We're set in that department for a while.

Which brings me to another point - Darryl Sutter is a smart man and likes a tough, defensively responsible team. Even so, you need at least one pure goal scorer on your team to pot a few; I don't know why Darryl hasn't drafted any at all in his time in Calgary. Boggles the mind. We have a good coaching staff where defensive play can be learned given time and effort.

Old
10-26-2005, 01:14 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Sykora and 2006 3rd round pick

for

Leopold

Old
10-26-2005, 01:25 AM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
Sykora and 2006 3rd round pick

for

Leopold
We can start there. ^_^

Old
10-26-2005, 01:29 AM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19

You been drinking, Jeri?

Old
10-26-2005, 01:31 AM
cyrisweb

I can't imagine the Flames trading away Leopold.

Old
10-26-2005, 01:36 AM
kruezer

Man, Calgary had better not deal Leopold, he may have no points right now (which probably has depressed his value a touch anyway) but he is just too good to give up on, not to mention having a two year deal for something like 2.3 mil, its way too inexpensive to just deal.

But Leo is one of my favourite players in the league, and I could understand that you have to give to get, and he is a guy that would command a nice return.

Old
10-26-2005, 01:38 AM
fcbarcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend

You been drinking, Jeri?

Seriously, I'm just trying to get a gauge of what Flames fans think of Ossi. Some like him but others view him as average. I also always start with overpayment to illicit some kind of response since rip-off offers are the norm around here. Further, and most importantly, I'm real keen on the avs getting a mobile defender.

Old
10-26-2005, 01:51 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
We can start there. ^_^
what else would you want? I could see adding in a midlevel prospect.

Old
10-26-2005, 02:13 AM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Lemaires teams have always been full of Europeans and Quebecois. Sutter has three players - Hamrlik, Nilson, and Kiprusoff - that are not from English speaking North America. Yes I know where Yelle is from.
What your point? Heck, Daryl spent the most money this offseason on a NON North American player. That alone tells you he has interest in all facets of players from around the league. Heck, we also have a few french guys as well on the team. I think your reaching on this one.

Old
10-26-2005, 02:16 AM
Daily Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
This could get pricey.

Jordan Leopold should warrant a HUGE return.

ROFLS.. keep dreaming

Old
10-26-2005, 03:08 AM
Ozy_Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush5Collapse5
ROFLS.. keep dreaming
You're right. He pales in comparison to Tom Preissing or Jim Fahey.

Closed Thread