HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just realized how bad Comcast actually screwed my town over

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2005, 03:43 PM
phlacheesesteak

vCash: 500
Just realized how bad Comcast actually screwed my town over

OK, i just got off the phone with some Comcast rep who told me that due to the area i live in, Comcast Sports Net Philadelphia will not be shown, so i cannot see any flyers games this year. Well why dont i just get center Ice? Due to the area i live in Comcast will be blacking out all Comcast Center Ice Philadelphia Flyers games. Why? Becasue i am too close to Philly. Why cant i get Philly Sports net? Because Comcast decides that in my area there is a larger market for Comcast Sports Net WASHINGTON/Baltimore!?!?!!!? *** Are u kidding me. by the way...I get fox sports net Pittsburgh too!!! I hate Pittsburgh and Washington. Hi everyone im stuck in a never ending hell, First the lockout, now this...I put in a requst for Philly sports net in my area and found out that the only way that I will even have a chance to see any Philly games this year live, is either if I actually go to the game, or if i get enough people in my town to send in requests for Philly Sports Net. Guys I'm totally ****ing screwed...HELP ME Any sugestions????????

Old
10-25-2005, 03:55 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfphillystyle
OK, i just got off the phone with some Comcast rep who told me that due to the area i live in, Comcast Sports Net Philadelphia will not be shown, so i cannot see any flyers games this year. Well why dont i just get center Ice? Due to the area i live in Comcast will be blacking out all Comcast Center Ice Philadelphia Flyers games. Why? Becasue i am too close to Philly. Why cant i get Philly Sports net? Because Comcast decides that in my area there is a larger market for Comcast Sports Net WASHINGTON/Baltimore!?!?!!!? *** Are u kidding me. by the way...I get fox sports net Pittsburgh too!!! I hate Pittsburgh and Washington. Hi everyone im stuck in a never ending hell, First the lockout, now this...I put in a requst for Philly sports net in my area and found out that the only way that I will even have a chance to see any Philly games this year live, is either if I actually go to the game, or if i get enough people in my town to send in requests for Philly Sports Net. Guys I'm totally ****ing screwed...HELP ME Any sugestions????????
MOVE to a real town!

Old
10-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

You could learn to love watching Mathieu Biron work his magic every game? Otherwise, you might want to get DirecTV.

Old
10-25-2005, 03:57 PM
phlacheesesteak

I hear that, good sugestion, just cant do it right now

BTW if i were to get direct TV i wouldnt be able to watch any Flyers games cause theyre owned by comcast

Old
10-25-2005, 03:59 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfphillystyle
where do you live?

it sounds like you live in the same black hole/bermuda triangle-type place i am...i go to college in york...i get comcast baltimore, FSN pitt...and i know for a fact, my one friend who owns a house off campus, they subscribe to center ice, and the flyer games are blacked out

if you're in my area by coincidence...i'll send in a request, and i can get 20-30 other people who are pissed about the 'no fly zone' to send them in also

my fear is that we get the pittsburgh/washington games blacked out also when the flyers play those two teams

Old
10-25-2005, 04:04 PM
phlacheesesteak

YESYES YES, i am close, i dont know if its the same area, but the more people u can get to do that the better, i am in Carlisle, about 45 min drive away from you. I am going to do the same thing with as many people as i can around here.

Old
10-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Carter Pitkanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588
You could learn to love watching Mathieu Biron work his magic every game? Otherwise, you might want to get DirecTV.
No, don't get DirecTV ...I had the same problem with DirecTV that he is having with Comcast right now. If he gets the Pittsburgh channel, I'm pretty sure I live closer to Philadelphia than him ...I live in Lancaster, and I changed to Comcast about a month ago and I DO get ComcastSportsNet-Philadelphia.

Old
10-25-2005, 04:56 PM
Cup4Philly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersHomer DM03
where do you live?

it sounds like you live in the same black hole/bermuda triangle-type place i am...i go to college in york...i get comcast baltimore, FSN pitt...and i know for a fact, my one friend who owns a house off campus, they subscribe to center ice, and the flyer games are blacked out

if you're in my area by coincidence...i'll send in a request, and i can get 20-30 other people who are pissed about the 'no fly zone' to send them in also

my fear is that we get the pittsburgh/washington games blacked out also when the flyers play those two teams
In York, the Flyers are only blacked out on the Center Ice feed through digital cable. They aren't blacked out on Directv. So get the satellite if you want to watch the Flyers.

Old
10-25-2005, 08:01 PM
iceman42

I live 50 minutes from the stadium but because I'm in lancaster co I get some Harrisburg channels and I had the Pittsburg vs Cinny game on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I dont have the correct UPN station so I dont see those Flyers games.

Old
10-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Superman33

Send a message via AIM to Superman33
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman42
I live 50 minutes from the stadium but because I'm in lancaster co I get some Harrisburg channels and I had the Pittsburg vs Cinny game on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I dont have the correct UPN station so I dont see those Flyers games.

whoa,whoa, whoa.....are you stealing my identity?

Old
10-26-2005, 03:57 PM
iceman42

nope

Closed Thread