HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal\Anaheim Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2005, 03:24 PM
shayne

vCash: 500
Montreal\Anaheim Proposal

Zednik Ribeiro and hainsey for Federov and brendan Mickelsson

i think the trade helps both clubs in different ways, clearly the point production of zednik and ribeiro will be more then the production of federov but fedorov does other things.

Mickelsson is a better prospect then Hainsey at this point but hainsey is NHL ready and in need of a change of scenarie and the Habs take on all the salary and that is why montreal would need a good prospect in return.

The habs would hope that federov would be happy joining a group of talented, speedy countrymen and hopefully would help montreal get into the playoffs and win a round. Federov is talented and speedy but plays when he wants to and is very expensive in the new NHL.

Last edited by barrytrotzsneck: 10-25-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Old
10-25-2005, 03:26 PM
habfan4

This thread will get ugly very quickly and be closed.

Old
10-25-2005, 03:29 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
LMAO...

this is absolutely brutal for both teams...

close ASAP!

Old
10-25-2005, 03:29 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
At least put proposal in the title.

10-25-2005, 04:09 PM
x-bob

I think anaheim woudl do it just to dump salary. I know Montreal wouldn't touch taht trade!

Old
10-25-2005, 09:16 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Mikkelson is one of Anaheim's best prospects and he has top pairing potential, he will not be traded for a waiver guy in Hainsey.

Fedorov=Zednik and Ribiero (w/o salary considerations)

Mikkelson>>>>>Hainsey

The other thing is Zednik and Ribiero are not Brian Burke type players. He won't trade Fedorov for players that aren't gritty.

Isn't Hainsey on a one-way contract. There is no room for him in Anaheim so they would be stuck paying him 450,000 to play in Portland.

Old
10-25-2005, 10:26 PM
polarslam

As a Habs fan I want no part of Federov's giant contract because we need cap space to keep our captain next year. Also while Federov might be an improvment in talent over Zednik, I would still rather have Zednik because he has been great in clutch games for us, and losing Riberio would leave the Habs with a giant hole down the middle.

Old
10-26-2005, 06:17 AM
fred2792

What about Zednik for Vitaly Vishnevski? He's the player I want from Anaheim. The offence is not a issu for now... and keep some cap space for the end of the year. (1.8M vs 1.14M)

Old
10-26-2005, 07:02 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred2792
What about Zednik for Vitaly Vishnevski? He's the player I want from Anaheim. The offence is not a issu for now... and keep some cap space for the end of the year. (1.8M vs 1.14M)
Burke won't trade a physical d-man for another skilled Euro forward.

We need all the grit we can get and right now Vish is one of the only Ducks that is hitting.

The Ducks have put a lot of years into developing Vishnevski and I doubt they would trade him now when he is expected to take Salei's second pairing spot next year.

Old
10-26-2005, 09:00 AM
VanW27

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19

We need all the grit we can get and right now Vish is one of the only Ducks that is hitting.
I have to disagree with this statement really this is simply a generalizations that euro players are soft when in fact Zednik is a Gritty and skilled player i dont know if the ducks would do this trade or not (likely not) but Zednik has enough value to land a player like Vish.

Old
10-26-2005, 06:55 PM
shayne

zednik is very gritty and ribeiro is included because i see Federov 2nd centre

Quote:
Mikkelson is one of Anaheim's best prospects and he has top pairing potential, he will not be traded for a waiver guy in Hainsey.

Mikkelson>>>>>Hainsey

The other thing is Zednik and Ribiero are not Brian Burke type players. He won't trade Fedorov for players that aren't gritty.

Isn't Hainsey on a one-way contract. There is no room for him in Anaheim so they would be stuck paying him 450,000 to play in Portland.
after ribeiros 2 goals and the fact that sergei has 1 assist in 3 games means this trade won't happen but it is funny that ducks fans don't like the deal, personally i think the ducks would be very happy with this deal, younger, cheaper more flexibility for the future and provides more depth for the ducks

Old
10-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Where are the comments about Zednik coming from?

I'd say he's more gritty than skilled.

Old
10-26-2005, 09:57 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun
Where are the comments about Zednik coming from?

I'd say he's more gritty than skilled.
and a good fighter Hopefully he will drop them this year again!

Old
10-27-2005, 11:14 AM
Habsaku

Quote:

The Ducks have put a lot of years into developing Vishnevski and I doubt they would trade him now when he is expected to take Salei's second pairing spot next year.
Zednik is all about grit, he has little skill with the puck. He can shoot from any angle but you wont see him stickhandle through defencemen, he's more likely to skate into them or battle them in the corner or simply dump the puck and crush them on the boards.

Oh and the proposal is brutal, Anaheim wins this one easily, most notably long term.

Old
10-27-2005, 04:16 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne
personally i think the ducks would be very happy with this deal, younger, cheaper more flexibility for the future and provides more depth for the ducks
Yeah remove Mikkelson and Hainsey from the deal.

Ribiero and Zednik for Fedorov and 4th round pick.

Old
10-27-2005, 04:21 PM
wilka91*

I like the idea of my favorite player (Feds) being traded to my favorite team (the Habs)

Old
10-27-2005, 06:21 PM
MM425

If I were Gainey, I don't want a part of Federov's giant contract or want him on my team knowing his best days are behind him...

Don't get me wrong... I love Sergei Federov, but I think at the end of the day, the production you get out of Ribs and Zed will be more than you get out of Federov.

Old
10-27-2005, 06:27 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Yeah remove Mikkelson and Hainsey from the deal.

Ribiero and Zednik for Fedorov and 4th round pick.
Can Montreal afford to add that much salary to their payroll? I'm not exactly certain where they stand but Fedorov makes a lot of coin for a guy that's only played 3 games so far this season.

Maybe it's just me but I don't see Fedorov getting dealt somewhere unless a big contract is coming back (like Peca from Edmonton) or to a team like Washington for very little. He simply makes too much money for how he's been playing lately...

Old
10-27-2005, 08:47 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Can Montreal afford to add that much salary to their payroll? I'm not exactly certain where they stand but Fedorov makes a lot of coin for a guy that's only played 3 games so far this season.
Feds make 6 million, Zednik and Ribiero make 3 million combined. So Montreal would be adding 3 million...not sure what their salary cap situation is.

This is Fedorov's first groin injury of his career, so hopefully it's only a one time thing and he comes back next week and has a healthy season.

Old
10-27-2005, 09:12 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

For Montreal to do this Anaheim would have to eat some salary. Also, I'm not all that concerned with losing Koivu next season. He's a great leader and playmaker, but is on the downside of his career and can be replaced at reasonable cost. I'd still like him to resign for another 2 years or so, but if it doesn't happen, I'm not worried.

Old
10-28-2005, 10:17 AM
Pepper

As a Ducks fan I don't want anything to do with Ribeiro, that guy is a clown.

Old
10-28-2005, 11:01 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:

Just out of curiosity, what would you think of a deal centered around Vishnevski and Souray? I'm not saying i'd want it to happen as i think once Souray regains his form/confidence/concentration he will play a big role for the habs, but if for the sake of arguement he did want to be closer to LA, what do you think of something along these lines? Would either side need to even it up? (i've not followed Vish as closely as i'd like, but from what i have seen he is a guy id like to see with the habs).

Old
10-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Pepper

Souray for Salei I would seriously consider...Looks like Souray could use change of scenery.

Old
10-28-2005, 11:59 AM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
As a Ducks fan I don't want anything to do with Ribeiro, that guy is a clown.
This board is ridiculous sometimes. He would be your teams leading scorer for gods sakes. Not only this year, but last year too.. with 15 to 17 min of ice time.

Old
10-28-2005, 12:04 PM
LePoche69

Quote:

Mikkelson>>>>>Hainsey

Zednik is gritty.

Closed Thread