HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal\Anaheim Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2005, 12:48 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
This board is ridiculous sometimes. He would be your teams leading scorer for gods sakes. Not only this year, but last year too.. with 15 to 17 min of ice time.
When it comes to Ribeiro, i'd tend to agree that this board gets so stupid with it's comments...like you said, Ribeiro would actually be tied with Selanne for their team lead in scoring with identical stats...6 goals 3 asssits 9pts...

in 03-04 he would of tied their leading scorer (Fedorov convieniently) with 65pts...it's funny, I bet 80% of this board hasn't even seen him play for more than a game here and there, yet most act like he's some scrub who can't play hockey.

Say what you want about him, i'll take his production from the second line anyday. He's put up points wherever he's played, QMJHL, AHL, NHL...I actually wasn't a big Ribeiro fan before, but this board has made me realize how good a player he is when he's surrounded by the right players

Old
10-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
When it comes to Ribeiro, i'd tend to agree that this board gets so stupid with it's comments...like you said, Ribeiro would actually be tied with Selanne for their team lead in scoring with identical stats...6 goals 3 asssits 9pts...

in 03-04 he would of tied their leading scorer (Fedorov convieniently) with 65pts...it's funny, I bet 80% of this board hasn't even seen him play for more than a game here and there, yet most act like he's some scrub who can't play hockey.

Say what you want about him, i'll take his production from the second line anyday. He's put up points wherever he's played, QMJHL, AHL, NHL...I actually wasn't a big Ribeiro fan before, but this board has made me realize how good a player he is when he's surrounded by the right players
Same here, you'd think most people are children with the way they talk about him. the fact of the matter is, he is a guy who most likely will surpass the 70points plateau with regularity while being his teams best playmaker. He would be a first line center on some teams, like Edmonton for example so the bashing is really out of proportion. Especially when you consider the incident took place a year ago and it was one out of, well, he didnt do anything up to then. It was just blown out of proportion by Habs haters and bitter Bruins fans, who have probably sung the same song for the last 50 years. Well, dont worry, I've actually witnessed a cup win. How many posters here can say that?

Old
10-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun
Where are the comments about Zednik coming from?

I'd say he's more gritty than skilled.
I'm not even sure about what "gritty" means. But, Zednik does not play a chippy physical game like some "gritty" forwards. However, he will take a hit to play, drives into the high traffic zones of the ice, and never backs down. In a lot of ways, he reminds me of the Isles Mark Parrish. Both players do what it takes to score, and pay the price to get the job done.

Old
10-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
As a Ducks fan I don't want anything to do with Ribeiro, that guy is a clown.
Not a clown ...a magician!

Ur team could certainly use is great hands

Old
10-28-2005, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I'm not even sure about what "gritty" means. But, Zednik does not play a chippy physical game like some "gritty" forwards. However, he will take a hit to play, drives into the high traffic zones of the ice, and never backs down. In a lot of ways, he reminds me of the Isles Mark Parrish. Both players do what it takes to score, and pay the price to get the job done.
Yet no one here would ever call Mark Parrish soft

Old
10-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Pepper

There's no way Ribeiro would have scored 65pts in last years Ducks, comparing point totals between different teams is just total waste of time.

Ribeiro is soft, his defensive play is non-existant, he's moody, he dives & fakes injuries and generally plays a game I don't want to see in my team. Players like that might be welcome in Montreal but not in my team.

Old
10-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Randall Graves*

As much as I dislike Ribiero I'd do this trade.

Old
10-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:

Hey believe it or not, some people take character into account when evaluating a player.

we know about the scuffle he had with koivu.

and we saw his classless display against Boston, some people don't like ********.

Old
10-28-2005, 05:08 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Yet no one here would ever call Mark Parrish soft
Some posters do think Parrish is soft. Either way, I'm not sure that I'd want to call either player "tough" because neither player is really an initiator.

Old
10-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
There's no way Ribeiro would have scored 65pts in last years Ducks, comparing point totals between different teams is just total waste of time.

Ribeiro is soft, his defensive play is non-existant, he's moody, he dives & fakes injuries and generally plays a game I don't want to see in my team. Players like that might be welcome in Montreal but not in my team.
Ribeiro might have been immature early in his career, but moody? He was angry that he got benched for a game last year, but other than that, he's never been one to complain to the media.

He was never known as a diver or faker before the Boston series, and yet's suddenly he's the worst guy in the league? I agree it was a reprehensible act, but it is forgivable, especially considering it was something out of character for him, in my opinion at least.

I understand the Boston incident left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouthes, but some of the comments about him seem to be out spite more than anything else.

It's just like if I said 'I don't want Federov, he's a primadonna faker. He's old and overpaid, doesn't ever try and is always diving. Players like that have no place on my team." Federov has taken a few dives in his day and not given 100%, but am I going to go around saying he's a diving faker with no class?

Of course not, because though he's done it a few times, it's not in his general play. Now granted, Federov is much more talented than Ribeiro, I was just using him as an example to show how far some people will go make things fit their view.

Again, I'm not saying Ribeiro is the epitome of class and work ethic, but he's far from the lazy, diving machine most people make him out to be.

Old
10-30-2005, 10:06 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
Mikkelson is one of Anaheim's best prospects and he has top pairing potential, he will not be traded for a waiver guy in Hainsey.

Fedorov=Zednik and Ribiero (w/o salary considerations)

Mikkelson>>>>>Hainsey

The other thing is Zednik and Ribiero are not Brian Burke type players. He won't trade Fedorov for players that aren't gritty.

Isn't Hainsey on a one-way contract. There is no room for him in Anaheim so they would be stuck paying him 450,000 to play in Portland.

This has the smell of "homer'ing".
True, Hainsey might warm more benches than your regular D-men.

So it's Zednik for Mikkelson
Then, why trade a maybe future top-6 forward for a proven top-6 forward who's rather young? The Habs will make the playoffs, and will probably finish with a better season than Anaheim, so I don't get why they would get rid of Zednik... Furthermore, this guy is AGRESSIVE like no other guy on this team. Well, maybe Steve Begin but he's no top-6 forward.

Ribeiro for Federov.
Hummm.... 2003-2004 was the first complete year for Ribeiro. He notched 65 points. Sergei Federov, too, notched 65 points. But...

1 Ribeiro is 10 years or so younger than Federov
2 Ribeiro was on 2nd line duty most of the year, while Federov was on 1st
3 Ribeiro had a waiver draftee as his regular LW and a rookie as his regular RW, while Fedorov played with Prospal and Sykora, two guys who probably can't spell "waivers", either in english or czech.

Ribeiro is a better player than Fedorov right now. Problem is, he's younger, too...

Old
10-31-2005, 01:11 AM
Pepper

Ribeiro is NOT a better player then Fedorov, you can't compare point totals between players in different teams just like that.

Fedorov is a proven clutch-player, Ribeiro disappears when play-offs start.

Fedorov is one of the best 2-way centers in the league, Ribeiro probably can't spell defense even in french.

Fedorov is 6'4 and not afraid to go in to the corners, Ribeiro was last seen in a corner outside the Bell Center waiting for the pedestrian light to turn green.

Old
10-31-2005, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Ribeiro is NOT a better player then Fedorov, you can't compare point totals between players in different teams just like that.

Fedorov is one of the best 2-way centers in the league, Ribeiro probably can't spell defense even in french.

Fedorov is 6'4 and not afraid to go in to the corners, Ribeiro was last seen in a corner outside the Bell Center waiting for the pedestrian light to turn green.
Fedorov isn't 6'4...not sure where you got that from? You talking about his younger bro Fedor? I think he's 6'4, but not Sergei...

And I bet you've never even seen Ribeiro play, except for highlights and what your read on these boards...

This place gets so ridiculous sometimes, players dive in hockey games at least once or twice a game, yet Ribeiro does it once, and he's now a diver

Better yet, the whole Montreal team are divers now

How many times have I seen a player get knicked in the face, not even draw blood, and they go down like they've been shot, it happens all the time, get over it!

And what that Ribeiro waiting at a pedestrian light, comment have do with anything?

Old
10-31-2005, 08:30 AM
Squeaky

Quote:

Ribeiro got his 65 points with a rookie on his right side, and Peirre freakin Dagenais on his left side. Who was Fedorov playing with? Why is comparing point totals unfair to Fedorov? Ribs was the one with weak linesmates, only playing like 17 minutes a game, stuck on the second pp unit and playing on one of the most defensively minded systems in the league.

Old
10-31-2005, 08:34 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Fedorov isn't 6'4...not sure where you got that from? You talking about his younger bro Fedor? I think he's 6'4, but not Sergei...
Oops, he's 6'2, I remembered him being 194cm but that's not the case.

Quote:
And I bet you've never even seen Ribeiro play, except for highlights and what your read on these boards...
How much do you want to bet? This year I've seen 4 games plus the highlights from most of the rest. Last season Ribeiro played 17 games for my home team, how many times you saw Ribeiro play last year btw? Zero? Okay. 03-04 season I think I saw ~10 games plus several play-off games.

Quote:
This place gets so ridiculous sometimes, players dive in hockey games at least once or twice a game, yet Ribeiro does it once, and he's now a diver ...
Wait, you're saying that Ribeiro has dived *once*??

Quote:
Better yet, the whole Montreal team are divers now ...
They are? I don't think anyone claimed that but if you say so...

Old
10-31-2005, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Oops, he's 6'2, I remembered him being 194cm but that's not the case.

How much do you want to bet? This year I've seen 4 games plus the highlights from most of the rest. Last season Ribeiro played 17 games for my home team, how many times you saw Ribeiro play last year btw? Zero? Okay. 03-04 season I think I saw ~10 games plus several play-off games.

Wait, you're saying that Ribeiro has dived *once*??

They are? I don't think anyone claimed that but if you say so...
Well in 03-04...I saw Ribeiro play in about 80 games + playoffs...

And i'm not saying Ribeiro dived, against Boston, I'm convinced it was a legitimate injury, what made it seem like it was a dive or fake to everyone was after he got up, he mocked the Bruins bench...

And yes, after every Montreal win this year, fans from other teams routinely call us divers, ask Bruins fans, Flyers fans especially...

Old
10-31-2005, 09:09 AM
MXD

I know you can't only use stats to compare players.

Like Ribeiro and Federov with their 65pts season last year.

It's actually VERY unfair for Ribeiro to be compared to Fedorov...

One played with Prospal and Sykora, the other with Dagenais and a rookie (Ryder), ribeiro played 15 minutes while Fedorov played above 20...

I would be tempted to get Fedorov for Ribeiro is Fedorov was the one who's 26 YO. But that's it.

Old
10-31-2005, 09:24 AM
wilka91*

Fedorov >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>
>>>>Ribeiro

Old
10-31-2005, 09:26 AM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiajin
Fedorov >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>Ribeiro
Yea a couple of years ago this would be true but now it's pretty much up in the air. Ribs is having a good begining of the season. Plus he's cheap and young. Federov is injured and he's older and expensive. I would keep Ribeiro cause getting Fedeov would mean the end of another player

Old
10-31-2005, 09:40 AM
Pepper

Quote:
And i'm not saying Ribeiro dived, against Boston, I'm convinced it was a legitimate injury, what made it seem like it was a dive or fake to everyone was after he got up, he mocked the Bruins bench...
I think you're pretty much on your own there (other Habs fans excluded), I never believed that 'pinched nerve' or whatever he said. That mocking of the bench just confimed it.

Quote:
And yes, after every Montreal win this year, fans from other teams routinely call us divers, ask Bruins fans, Flyers fans especially...
Well from what I've seen there has been couple of cases where Perezhogin alone could have been called for diving.

Old
10-31-2005, 09:43 AM
boomboom

This is wrong in so many levels its not even funny.
Ribeiro is young and talented, why do hab fans want to keep trading him. And i dont care if he faked injury 2 years ago against the Bruins, the guy came back the game after and scored 2 goals....

Federov is good, but old. dont expect him to get over 50 points this season, it wont happen. So both teams I think would bot do this deal, well at least not the Canadiens.

Old
10-31-2005, 09:43 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun
Where are the comments about Zednik coming from?

I'd say he's more gritty than skilled.
Regarding your avatar, Jacques Plante was *NOT* the first to use a mask.

He was the first to PERMANENTLY go to a mask, but far from the first to use one.

Old
10-31-2005, 09:47 AM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Especially when you consider the incident took place a year ago and it was one out of, well, he didnt do anything up to then.

Well, dont worry, I've actually witnessed a cup win. How many posters here can say that?
I for one can say that going to game 7 in 04.

It took place a year ago, but it doesn't mean people wll forget. I've seen Hab fans bring up Lecavalier as a problem in the dressing room because he argued with Torts.....which stopped 3 years ago. People don't forget things like that and it's always going to be a knock against Ribeiro. It was a pretty classless move, whether he had a legit injury or not, he still mocked the Bruins bench afterwards which lowered his credability that it was a legit injury. I had no problem with the guy at the time, but after the move I thought he was pretty gutless. If it was a one time incident, I still wouldn't want that guy on my team. It's his reputation and he probably won't shake it for a while. I think the Ducks would be better off with Fedorov than him as the #1 center. What I don't understand is why Hab fans always want to trade Zednik. He's a heck of a player for them, shows up in the playoffs, and yet most trade proposals of Habs involve trading him.

Old
10-31-2005, 09:54 AM
AD

The Montreal Canadiens aren't divers.

Ribeiro excepted who had a major diving incident ONCE, 2 years ago... The guy is maturing. O still don't like the character, but you people are just talking out of spite at this point.

Koivu, Rivet, Souray, would never allow a diver in the dressing room. And Bob Gainey (yeah, the guy who finished a game with two separated shoulders) wouldn't allow that on his team either. The Habs have always been a classy organisation that plays good, clean hockey. Its in the philosophy. They aren't involved in vendetta cheapshot wars either. Period.

On the subject of the proposal. I think its actually fair. But I would want to know how well Federov comes back from injury. Somehow, I see a Federov, Kovalev, Perezhogin line being quite a point producer...

Old
10-31-2005, 10:07 AM
EagleBelfour

vCash: 873
Any trades that send Mikkelson to MTL is a good trade! This guy would be easily our best D prospect and he's got phenomenal talent. Should have gone 1st round IMO.

Closed Thread