HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal\Anaheim Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2005, 11:04 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
I think you're pretty much on your own there (other Habs fans excluded), I never believed that 'pinched nerve' or whatever he said. That mocking of the bench just confimed it.

Well from what I've seen there has been couple of cases where Perezhogin alone could have been called for diving.
Well you've never had a pinched nerve, so I wouldn't expect you to understand, having suffered a similar injury myself playing basketball, it's probably one, no check that, the worst pain I felt for about 3 minutes...it then subsided about 10 minutes later...a little soreness the next day, it's just one of those things...

Look it up if you want...

http://www.spine.org/articles/stingers.cfm

Read it, and tell me that's not the exact situation that happened when he was writhing on the ice, trust me, it kills...

What he did once he got up, was classeless I agree, but I chalk it up to immaturatity.

As for Perezhogin diving? You really aren't used to watching hockey games are you...diving happens all the time, ____(insert player name here) dives all the time...please

Old
10-31-2005, 11:33 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
As for Perezhogin diving? You really aren't used to watching hockey games are you...diving happens all the time, ____(insert player name here) dives all the time...please
That mocking he did after that all but confirmed he faked it but sure, believe what you want. It seems only you Habs fans believe the story and not even all of you buy it.

Oh and please don't question my experience when it comes to watching hockey, having played it for several years in junior and watching 2-3 games per week live + the same amount from TV, I think I know what I'm talking about. I'll take my hockey knowledge agaisnt yours anytime, anywhere.

Old
10-31-2005, 01:09 PM
Troy Gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave
i think once Souray regains his form/confidence/concentration...
That's a humongous IF. Keep in mnd that Souray is currently living off of the good will from one 15 goal season that looks more and more like an abberation with each passing day. It's just as likely he will regress back to a third pairing guy as it is that he will 'regain' any form.

Old
10-31-2005, 01:30 PM

Quote:
That mocking he did after that all but confirmed he faked it but sure, believe what you want. It seems only you Habs fans believe the story and not even all of you buy it.

Oh and please don't question my experience when it comes to watching hockey, having played it for several years in junior and watching 2-3 games per week live + the same amount from TV, I think I know what I'm talking about. I'll take my hockey knowledge agaisnt yours anytime, anywhere.
Well for someone who played hockey, you seemed to completely ignore the fact that on about 75% of hooking penalties, players embellish their actions to make sure there noticed for a penalty call....

And about your hockey knowledge, that's great you apparently know more than me, but you showed some of it, or maybe lack their of, saying Fedorov is 6'4...

Old
10-31-2005, 03:06 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymand

On the subject of the proposal. I think its actually fair. But I would want to know how well Federov comes back from injury. Somehow, I see a Federov, Kovalev, Perezhogin line being quite a point producer...
Goshhh... Not only this would be like saying that Federov is a better player than Ribeiro, but also a better player than Saku Koivu...

Sergei Fedorov : More overrated than your average Brendan Morrow!!!

Think I'm gonna use this as my avatar...

Old
11-01-2005, 02:10 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Well for someone who played hockey, you seemed to completely ignore the fact that on about 75% of hooking penalties, players embellish their actions to make sure there noticed for a penalty call....
75%?? Man, you just proved that 1) you have never played hockey and 2) you probably haven't been paying attention in general. That's one of the most ridiculous claims I've heard here in a long time.

and no, it's not true. If I had to throw out a number I'd say it's closer to 10-20% than 75%.

Quote:
And about your hockey knowledge, that's great you apparently know more than me, but you showed some of it, or maybe lack their of, saying Fedorov is 6'4...
Oooh so my hockey knowledge is seriously flawed when I didn't remember the height of Fedorov correctly?

Old
11-01-2005, 08:58 AM

Quote:
75%?? Man, you just proved that 1) you have never played hockey and 2) you probably haven't been paying attention in general. That's one of the most ridiculous claims I've heard here in a long time.

and no, it's not true. If I had to throw out a number I'd say it's closer to 10-20% than 75%.

Oooh so my hockey knowledge is seriously flawed when I didn't remember the height of Fedorov correctly?
No i've never played hockey, what? You have to play hockey in order to know anything about it?

I've watched a ton of hockey in my lifetime, whether it be live or on TV...and I can assure you that on most hooking penalties, while the penalty is warranted, the player usually embellishes it, even if it's just a tad...whether you choose to believe that or not, I really don't care, watch closer is all I can say...

Why didn't anyone here say anything when Darcy Tucker went down like he got shot on Saturday night vs. the Sens, he layed on the ice for awhile didn't he?

And about your hockey knowledge, I never said it was seriously flawed, you did...all I said is that it's lacking you downgraded it from lacking to seriously flawed.

Either way, Sergei Fedorov has been one of the league's most popular players the last decade +...you talk like your this expert, I thought you'd at least know that. There's a big difference between 6'4 and 6'1 (which is actually his height).

Old
11-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Randall Graves*

Whoever is calling Ribiero better than Fedorov needs to pass the weed around. Fedorov is a FAR more complete player who did NOT play with much offensive talent his first year in Anaheim.

Old
11-01-2005, 11:02 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
Whoever is calling Ribiero better than Fedorov needs to pass the weed around. Fedorov is a FAR more complete player who did NOT play with much offensive talent his first year in Anaheim.
Well... It was maybe abusive.
Fedorov is more complete than Mike Ribeiro.
But Ribeiro is a better player than a 35-or-6 YO Fedorov.

And Ribeiro played with Pierre Dagenais... No matter how bad the line mates of Fedorov were, they were more talented than him, and Petr Sykora/Vaclav Prospal aren't exactly dummies.

Old
11-02-2005, 12:52 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD
But Ribeiro is a better player than a 35-or-6 YO Fedorov.
I don't care how old Fedorov is, he will be a Hall of Famer and he still plays like an elite first line center when he is on his game. Ribeiro on the other hand is a nice 2nd liner.

Old
11-02-2005, 04:51 AM
Pepper

Quote:
No i've never played hockey, what? You have to play hockey in order to know anything about it?
You don't fully understand the game unless you have played it yourself.

Why didn't anyone here say anything when Darcy Tucker went down like he got shot on Saturday night vs. the Sens, he layed on the ice for awhile didn't he?[/QUOTE]

Because it's Darcy Tucker, him diving/embellishing/faking is the par for the course. You picked one incident, what do you think this proves??

Quote:
There's a big difference between 6'4 and 6'1 (which is actually his height).
He's 6'2 according to NHLPA and Ducks' website

Old
11-02-2005, 08:55 AM

Quote:
You don't fully understand the game unless you have played it yourself.

Why didn't anyone here say anything when Darcy Tucker went down like he got shot on Saturday night vs. the Sens, he layed on the ice for awhile didn't he?

Because it's Darcy Tucker, him diving/embellishing/faking is the par for the course. You picked one incident, what do you think this proves??

He's 6'2 according to NHLPA and Ducks' website
You don't understand the game unless you've played it yourself?

Please! That's a load of bull**** completely false and ridiculous. Do you realize that many hockey coaches never played hockey professionally do you?

Darcy Tucker diving/embellishing/faking, is the par for the course?

Another ridiculous statement, so what you're saying is it's ok for Tucker, but not for Ribeiro? I picked one incident as an example, watch any hockey game and you'll get at least 1 example per game.

Case and point:

18:43 of the second period between the Habs and Panthers, Niklas Sundstrom called for hooking, if you watched the game, it was an obvious dive by the Panther player, he felt an opponents stick on him, so he exagerated his fall to be sure to get the refs attention...Last Habs/Sens game, I counted Spezza diving on at least 2 occasions, Jan Bulis dove one another...

Do you even watch hockey? You're trying to tell me that players don't embellish penalties at all?

If that's the case, then why does the NHL have a diving list instituted for players who dive? Get caught diving 4 times and it's a fine...how do you explain that?

Anyways, I guess you're right, I mean, you are the expert on hockey here seeing as though you've played it

Last edited by 417: 11-02-2005 at 09:18 AM.
Old
11-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Squeaky

If you guys are going to hijack a thread to carry out a pissing contest over who knows more about hockey, could you please at least learn how to quote each other properly?

Old
11-02-2005, 09:15 AM
It Kills Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
If you guys are going to hijack a thread to carry out a pissing contest over who knows more about hockey, could you please at least learn how to quote each other properly?
Is what I was thinking, very difficult to read.

Old
11-02-2005, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
I'm not arguing over who knows more about hockey, he said he did because he played and I didn't, which I find ridiculous...I really couldn't care less if he thinks he knows more about hockey than I do, who gives a **** really...my original point before HE hijacked the thread was that Ribeiro's apparent diver/faker reputation is unwarranted and played out, which directly relates to his value in this trade proposal...

As for quoting each other properly, umm, again, who gives a ****?

Old
11-02-2005, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles
Is what I was thinking, very difficult to read.
Oh god big deal...I fixed it for you and sqeaky ok?

Old
11-02-2005, 10:15 AM
Pepper

Quote:
You don't understand the game unless you've played it yourself?
Maybe you should pay more attention to my post (and learn to quote properly while you're at it).

I said you don't FULLY understand the game unless you have played the game yourself and this is a fact. Emphasis on world "fully".

Quote:
Another ridiculous statement, so what you're saying is it's ok for Tucker, but not for Ribeiro? I picked one incident as an example, watch any hockey game and you'll get at least 1 example per game.
sigh...Again you miss the point (intentionally?). Everyone knows Tucker's game so it didn't surprise anyone. It's not ok for Tucker, Ribeiro or anyone.

Case and point:

Quote:
18:43 of the second period between the Habs and Panthers, Niklas Sundstrom called for hooking, if you watched the game, it was an obvious dive by the Panther player, he felt an opponents stick on him, so he exagerated his fall to be sure to get the refs attention...Last Habs/Sens game, I counted Spezza diving on at least 2 occasions, Jan Bulis dove one another...
That's still not even near the 75% you claimed. Just admit that you were wrong.

Quote:
Do you even watch hockey? You're trying to tell me that players don't embellish penalties at all?
How old are you anyway?? Where on earth did I say players don't embellish at all?

Please do me a favor and start paying attention before really embarassing yourself futher, I mean this is entertaining but I really don't want to repeat myself all the time.

Old
11-02-2005, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Maybe you should pay more attention to my post (and learn to quote properly while you're at it).

I said you don't FULLY understand the game unless you have played the game yourself and this is a fact. Emphasis on world "fully".

sigh...Again you miss the point (intentionally?). Everyone knows Tucker's game so it didn't surprise anyone. It's not ok for Tucker, Ribeiro or anyone.

Case and point:

How old are you anyway?? Where on earth did I say players don't embellish at all?

Please do me a favor and start paying attention before really embarassing yourself futher, I mean this is entertaining but I really don't want to repeat myself all the time.
You're really one to talk, look at post #62

that's great...

Anyways, going around in circles here...my point is, get off the Ribeiro diving/faking things, it's tired, and soooo many players in NHL do it every game...for you to single out 1 player is stupid IMO....

I'm 24yrs old BTW

And I can't see how I can embarrass myself on a hockey message board

Anyways, i'm going to go play a few hockey games tonight, i'll be back tomorrow so i'll be better prepared to continue this if you want, that way i'll 'fully' understand the game of hockey

Last edited by 417: 11-02-2005 at 10:38 AM.
Old
11-02-2005, 10:52 AM
Pepper

Quote:
You're really one to talk, look at post #62
That was just a mistake, you're not even trying to quote properly! Look at my other posts and see the difference!

Quote:
Anyways, going around in circles here...my point is, get off the Ribeiro diving/faking things, it's tired, and soooo many players in NHL do it every game...for you to single out 1 player is stupid IMO....
I'm not singling out anyone, the topic of this thread involved Ribeiro who I don't want to my team.

Quote:
Anyways, i'm going to go play a few hockey games tonight, i'll be back tomorrow so i'll be better prepared to continue this if you want, that way i'll 'fully' understand the game of hockey
Too bad that you playing hockey most likely ain't gonna improve your reading comprehension...

Old
11-02-2005, 11:00 AM

Quote:
That was just a mistake, you're not even trying to quote properly! Look at my other posts and see the difference!

I'm not singling out anyone, the topic of this thread involved Ribeiro who I don't want to my team.

Too bad that you playing hockey most likely ain't gonna improve your reading comprehension...
This is getting ridiculous...

I could put you on blast right now, but i've already wasted too much time going back and forth with you...so i'll work on the reading comprehension and 'fully' understanding hockey...whatever that means.

Old
11-02-2005, 01:05 PM

Quote:

Case and point:

Well it seems i'm not the only who thinks diving is out of control in the NHL

DIVING ISSUE: At least two NHL coaches who requested anonymity believe diving is out of control right now.

"The game is being eroded week by week because of all the diving. The players are abusing it," said one coach.

Said the other: "It's brutal right now."

As a way to adjust to the tight penalty calling, some players have taken to diving to draw penalties and get their team on the power play. It's worked in some cases.

But Big Brother is watching.

"We've been sending out warning letters, per the competition committee's direction," Colin Campbell, the NHL's executive vice-president and director of hockey operations, said Tuesday. "The next step for a second dive is that player will be fined $1,000 and his name is put on a list and circulated around the 30 dressing rooms.

"In my mind, the fact that his name will be circulated among the 30 dressing rooms is enough to hopefully bring the temperature down in the diving area."

About 30 different players have been sent warning letters since the start of the season, including eight already this week. According to the collective bargaining agreement, a third diving incident results in a $2,000 fine and a fourth offence warrants a one-game suspension

Old
11-03-2005, 10:03 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwychen27
I have to disagree with this statement really this is simply a generalizations that euro players are soft when in fact Zednik is a Gritty and skilled player i dont know if the ducks would do this trade or not (likely not) but Zednik has enough value to land a player like Vish.
Zednik's output will probably be similar to Federov's, but Zed has no brain and mucks up line combinations.

We already have Kovalev too, we don't need another Euro floater up front. What do you think we are, the New York Rangers or something?

Closed Thread