HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why Sean Avery Rules

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2005, 02:33 PM
LastChancePrice

vCash: 500
Sean Every is an idiot.Simple.He is racist and i honestly think he deserve a similar hit like bertuzzi did on moore.

You can be an agitator on the ice, provoke things, shake things, i agree with that.But his comment off ice was off limit.This guys need to be given a lesson

Old
11-04-2005, 02:38 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17
Thinking of that Avery-Lappy thing now, it is very interesting. We loved Lappy. Glad to see his doing well in Colorado and has fit in there.

BUT I can't help but think. It is obvious Sean is a younger, maybe more inexpensive replacement for Lappy. Maybe Sean was cocky in assuming this role? This would explain a lot of the animosity between the two. Lappy was possible thrust away from the team that he loved because Sean was his replacement.

Pure speculation on my part of course, but it does make you think.
I had heard something along the lines of that myself adn that somewhere along the line avery said something about whooping his a$$ in that first game. Just so happened he made those remarks before and what not. As for him not fighting lappy that game i could care less it was a close game whihc the kings ended up winning.

Old
11-04-2005, 02:41 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHfan4ever
Sean Every is an idiot.Simple.He is racist and i honestly think he deserve a similar hit like bertuzzi did on moore.

You can be an agitator on the ice, provoke things, shake things, i agree with that.But his comment off ice was off limit.This guys need to be given a lesson
Now thats just idiotic right there. What makes him a racist? The fact that he called someone a french canadian? I thought french canadians were so proud of the race and lifestyle they didnt want to be part of canada anymore? Had he used any number of deragotory names i could understard but all he said was french canadian. Let it go he apoligized and has taken the heat several times over

Old
11-04-2005, 03:02 PM
took420s

Quote:

*Tip*

When calling someone an idiot it's good to spell their name correctly

Simple.

Old
11-04-2005, 08:18 PM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Quote:

Wow. This spectacular thread had just about run out of steam and Mr. Mustard was just about done overcompensating when - WHAM - this gem.

If you want your not-exactly-rough-and-tumble Habs to "give him a lesson" then you've already failed. When the skaters are thinking about smashing Sean Avery's face, then they are not focusing on the task at hand - winning. Vous ne voulez pas cela, n'est-ce pas?

Do you wish physical harm on Don Cherry for his multiple similar comments as well? I doubt that you really are a knuckle-dragging heathen who would actually call for a player's back to be broken on purpose because of something he said?

Look, not many Kings fans AGREE with everything Sean Avery says. Most love the results on the ice though. But, I gotta say that we (at least I) appreciate that EVERY team is pissed at him and are looking to move out of position on the ice in order to hit him.

Sean Avery has a mouth on him. I love it, you hate it. That's how it's gonna be while he has a Kings uniform on.

Those ghosts whose "failing hands" have played for your team's great jersey would be ashamed of your calls for violence and I think you know it.

Old
11-05-2005, 12:44 AM
LastChancePrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19
Now thats just idiotic right there. What makes him a racist? The fact that he called someone a french canadian? I thought french canadians were so proud of the race and lifestyle they didnt want to be part of canada anymore? Had he used any number of deragotory names i could understard but all he said was french canadian. Let it go he apoligized and has taken the heat several times over
SAying things like "body checks lend by gauthier are typical to do by french canadians ", well sorry, but you are an absolut idiot for saying such a comment.I dont give a &^%$ about him saying he s sorry of saying this.Do you sympatise for Bertuzzy for saying "i am sorry" ? No but me either,and same for these Avery comment

The guy is an idiot and i cannot beleive that you guys are looking at him like an hero.Being a LA kings fan i wouldnt be happy to have a piece of ^%&@ like him in my favorite team.

He is doing a wonderful job on the ice?Good for him, but his mouth will ruin his career, well i hope as soon as possible.

Old
11-05-2005, 01:14 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Don Cherry's mouth has yet to ruin his career. Will Avery's get him into trouble? Yes. Ruin his career? I seriously doubt it.

Old
11-05-2005, 03:09 AM
alanschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps
And let's not also forget when those stats happened. The 80's, when defensive hockey was pretty much non-existent. I'm not saying Avery will have as good as stats as those guys if he were playing in the same era, but I truly wouldn't be surprised to see Avery hit 15-20 goals this season.

It was also at a time when teams got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more PIM than 2003-2004.

You'd have teams breaking 2000 PIM back then, whereas breaking 1000 is not a certainty in the previous seasons.

The thing I remember about Tikkanen is that he was an agitator, who instead of backing up his taunts with punches, backed them up with goals.

Old
11-05-2005, 08:27 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
SAying things like "body checks lend by gauthier are typical to do by french canadians ", well sorry, but you are an absolut idiot for saying such a comment.I dont give a &^%$ about him saying he s sorry of saying this.Do you sympatise for Bertuzzy for saying "i am sorry" ? No but me either,and same for these Avery comment

The guy is an idiot and i cannot beleive that you guys are looking at him like an hero.Being a LA kings fan i wouldnt be happy to have a piece of ^%&@ like him in my favorite team.

He is doing a wonderful job on the ice?Good for him, but his mouth will ruin his career, well i hope as soon as possible.

And saying he deserves to get hit like moore by bertuzzi makes you and idiot. Lets maybe end a guys career for saying something stupid,. That makes alot of sense. I love having avery on the kings. Hes does his job and he does it well. When he pisses off the other team and gets them off their game guess what thats his job. And if opposing fans hate him even better. And you have still yet to back up the racist claim.

Old
11-05-2005, 07:04 PM
MBJets

Sean Avery is one one the biggest fools in the league and he showed what he was made of today when he hit Gamache from behind and put the Kings short handed for 5 minutes. He is a idiot.

Old
11-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBJets
Sean Avery is one one the biggest fools in the league and he showed what he was made of today when he hit Gamache from behind and put the Kings short handed for 5 minutes. He is a idiot.
Did they score against us? Did we lose? Then your point has no validity. Next.

Old
11-05-2005, 07:24 PM
jfont

Awards:
anymore personal attacks and trolling on this thread will not be tolerated...ease up now or you will surely get banned.

11-05-2005, 07:33 PM
MBJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
They didn't score but it shows what Avery has for guts by hitting a small guy who is know for offence not for his toughness from behind then challenging him. Avery is gutless idiot!

Old
11-05-2005, 07:37 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
They didn't score but it shows what Avery has for guts by hitting a small guy who is know for offence not for his toughness from behind then challenging him. Avery is gutless idiot!
Did you not read the warning about personal attacks & trolling??? It's right above your last post....

Old
11-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Osprey

Quote:
C'mon, Reaper, that's just silly. This isn't a court case where badmouthing the accused is invalid once he gets off scott-free. The severity of a play is no different whether a shorthanded goal is scored or multiple powerplay goals are scored against (as in '98 against the Blues, thanks O'Donnell). I have a very strong feeling that you'd be screaming about a boarding call against a Kings player (ex. Demitra) regardless of whether the Kings scored on the ensuing powerplay or not.

I'd prefer that this thread be mericifully closed or, better yet, ignored. There's too much going on.

Old
11-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
He hit the guy, who at the time, had the puck. What is he supposed to stop and not hit the guy because he's smaller? If that's the case the NHL would be full of guys 5'6 and below. Challenging him? What are you talking about? Right after the hit a Nashville player jumped him. He never challenged Gamache. Take off the goggles buddy.

Old
11-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
C'mon, Reaper, that's just silly. This isn't a court case where badmouthing the accused is invalid once he gets off scott-free. The severity of a play like Avery's is no different whether a shorthanded goal is scored or multiple powerplay goals are scored against (as in '98 against the Blues, thanks O'Donnell). I have a very strong feeling that you'd be screaming about a boarding call against a Kings player (ex. Demitra) regardless of whether the Kings scored on the ensuing powerplay or not.

I'd prefer that this thread be mericifully closed or, better yet, ignored. There's too much going on.
I honestly dont think so. But to each their own.

Old
11-05-2005, 07:39 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
ok, now lets leave it at that and please stop...i really hope it made you feel better.

Old
11-05-2005, 07:45 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 965
Avery is always going to be an on-the-line player. His game is to draw penalties and take them. His game is to be a 3rd line agitator who draws attention to himself. Sometimes this means doing stupid things. Classic examples is 2 years ago on New Year's Eve when he took a 9 minute penalty

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
11-05-2005, 08:33 PM
MBJets

Quote:
He hit the guy, who at the time, had the puck. What is he supposed to stop and not hit the guy because he's smaller? If that's the case the NHL would be full of guys 5'6 and below. Challenging him? What are you talking about? Right after the hit a Nashville player jumped him. He never challenged Gamache. Take off the goggles buddy.
I'm glad the refs see the game the correct way not the way you do. The hit was from behind and called corectly as a major, so how in heck can you stick up for him? The answer to "What is he supposed to stop and not hit the guy because he's smaller?"
Is yes hitting from behind is against the rules and a gutless thing to do besides risking the guys career.

There is know room in the NHL for hitting from behind. Hopefully the NHL suspends Avery for this hit.

Old
11-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
I'm glad the refs see the game the correct way not the way you do. The hit was from behind and called corectly as a major, so how in heck can you stick up for him? The answer to "What is he supposed to stop and not hit the guy because he's smaller?"
Is yes hitting from behind is against the rules and a gutless thing to do besides risking the guys career.

There is know room in the NHL for hitting from behind. Hopefully the NHL suspends Avery for this hit.
Never did I say that hitting from behind is kosher. Go back and read what I said. He was skating towards him to lay a hit and Gamanche turned to play the puck up the ice, and what's Avery supposed to do, throw the boosters in reverse and not hit him after he's already had him lined up?

So what if he gets suspended, two games and he's back in the lineup.

Old
11-05-2005, 08:44 PM
MBJets

Quote:
Never did I say that hitting from behind is kosher. Go back and read what I said. He was skating towards him to lay a hit and Gamanche turned to play the puck up the ice, and what's Avery supposed to do, throw the boosters in reverse and not hit him after he's already had him lined up?

So what if he gets suspended, two games and he's back in the lineup.
Yes he is suppose to throw the bosters in to reverse because that is called hitiing from behind. This hit is not even close to being a clean hit or else it would not have been called as a major. He had time to back off on the hit. When someone has there back turned to the play you can not hit them end of story!!!

Old
11-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Yes he is suppose to throw the bosters in to reverse because that is called hitiing from behind. This hit is not even close to being a clean hit or else it would not have been called as a major. He had time to back off on the hit. When someone has there back turned to the play you can not hit them end of story!!!
I can tell you've never played hockey before. I know that hitting from behind is illegal. And I'm sure Sean knows this as well, but when you're skating full speed to make a hit and the guy turns around, it's awfully hard to stop sometimes.

Old
11-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Osprey

Quote:
I honestly dont think so. But to each their own.
There's something strangely unsatisfying about about a restrained response when I expected the opposite

Old
11-05-2005, 08:53 PM
MBJets

Quote:
I can tell you've never played hockey before. I know that hitting from behind is illegal. And I'm sure Sean knows this as well, but when you're skating full speed to make a hit and the guy turns around, it's awfully hard to stop sometimes.
No growing go in western Canada we don't play hockey the same way you guys do in LALA land. So No I never played the same game as you.

Closed Thread