HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Jets fans around the world - introduce yourselves!

Old
03-10-2015, 08:51 AM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 777
I watch more hockey then you will ever watch. Even If I stopped watching hockey right now, I will still have watched more hockey then you will ever be able too

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 09:15 AM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
I am the resident Lounger Jets fan. Or Jets board Lounger.

JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 09:18 AM
wpgsilver

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
I watch more hockey then you will ever watch. Even If I stopped watching hockey right now, I will still have watched more hockey then you will ever be able too
Uhm, k.

03-10-2015, 09:23 AM
TheDeuce

vCash: 367
[mod]

I'm Mikey The Deuce. It goes way back to when I had time to play poker. You know, before wife, kids number one through four, and unimportant things like jobs and taxes. I share the Vegas lines (both money line and puck line) in the GDTs when I have a mind to.

Go Jets Go!

m.

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 03-10-2015 at 09:27 AM. Reason: No
TheDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 11:12 AM
buggs
nanoo nanoo

vCash: 162
I too am old. I like whisky but don't like carrots, wrong kind of buggs.

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 11:19 AM
Jetland162702

vCash: 500
I am recently retired and even though I have time to spare, I do not post here very often. That said, I have been an avid reader of this site since 2011. I come here to learn and I want to say I really appreciate those of you who continually bring great info to these boards.

P.S. I was a Jets 1.0 STH and the seat location is reflected in my name. I am also a Jets 2.0 partial STH.

Jetland162702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 11:46 AM
AlphaLackey

vCash: 147
I'm the resident purveyor of verbal diarrhea, usually made manifest in needless college words and 5-paragraph stories about the hockey-loving French Canadian roots on my dad's side. Yes, Howard Cosell was one of my heroes.

Side motifs include occasional links and references to musical theater and classic 70s/80s movies, and the Smilin' Chevy award, given to GDT posts that claim the Jets are certainly lost when in fact they go on to win the game.

Have sought to establish the following nicknames with varying degrees of success:
* Chris Thorburn: "4th Line Jesus" (occasionally ascending to 3rd Line Jesus). Has pretty good traction. Some infidels will try and call him "Christ Horburn". Stone them if at all possible.
* Adam Lowry: "Lurch" (from a poster on my Facebook wall who commented on Adam Lowry beating the **** out of Greg Adams: 'My god, it's an Adams Family rumble: Greg vs Lurch'"
* Tyler Myers: "Moonpie" (A reference to the big-ass guy with a moustache from Rollerball, given that the team in Rollerball is from Houston where Myers was born). Dead almost upon birth, as he carried "The Condor" with him from Buffalo.
* Adam Pardy and Paul Postma, when playing together: "P&P Security" (a WWE reference, sadly seemingly obsolete since Postma will never ever ever get a chance to play again it seems)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey Rustie View Post
I'm a man of wealth and taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koonta View Post
What's puzzling me is the nature of your game?

Maybe I'll be an infidel of my own here, but I think the Rolling Stones version is just plain inferior to the Guns & Roses cover.

AlphaLackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Evil Little

vCash: 1837
I am Evil Little and I am a thread killer.

Sorry in advance for killing your intro. thread.

Evil Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 12:16 PM
jefferoni
mother was a hamster

vCash: 777
I used to work as an usher at the old barn during the Jets 1.0 days. Yep, I'm THAT old!

I've lurked here for many years and finally signed up a few years ago. These days I mostly just hang around while surreptitiously monitoring one specific poster who also happens to be my no-good kid who's currently out of province allegedly attending University.

jefferoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 12:33 PM
DarthMonty
Makin' saves

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
I too am old. I like whisky but don't like carrots, wrong kind of buggs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetland162702 View Post
I am recently retired and even though I have time to spare, I do not post here very often. That said, I have been an avid reader of this site since 2011. I come here to learn and I want to say I really appreciate those of you who continually bring great info to these boards.

P.S. I was a Jets 1.0 STH and the seat location is reflected in my name. I am also a Jets 2.0 partial STH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaLackey View Post
I'm the resident purveyor of verbal diarrhea, usually made manifest in needless college words and 5-paragraph stories about the hockey-loving French Canadian roots on my dad's side. Yes, Howard Cosell was one of my heroes.

Side motifs include occasional links and references to musical theater and classic 70s/80s movies, and the Smilin' Chevy award, given to GDT posts that claim the Jets are certainly lost when in fact they go on to win the game.

Have sought to establish the following nicknames with varying degrees of success:
* Chris Thorburn: "4th Line Jesus" (occasionally ascending to 3rd Line Jesus). Has pretty good traction. Some infidels will try and call him "Christ Horburn". Stone them if at all possible.
* Adam Lowry: "Lurch" (from a poster on my Facebook wall who commented on Adam Lowry beating the **** out of Greg Adams: 'My god, it's an Adams Family rumble: Greg vs Lurch'"
* Tyler Myers: "Moonpie" (A reference to the big-ass guy with a moustache from Rollerball, given that the team in Rollerball is from Houston where Myers was born). Dead almost upon birth, as he carried "The Condor" with him from Buffalo.
* Adam Pardy and Paul Postma, when playing together: "P&P Security" (a WWE reference, sadly seemingly obsolete since Postma will never ever ever get a chance to play again it seems)

Maybe I'll be an infidel of my own here, but I think the Rolling Stones version is just plain inferior to the Guns & Roses cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferoni View Post
I used to work as an usher at the old barn during the Jets 1.0 days. Yep, I'm THAT old!

I've lurked here for many years and finally signed up a few years ago. These days I mostly just hang around while surreptitiously monitoring one specific poster who also happens to be my no-good kid who's currently out of province allegedly attending University.
Old guys represent!

And Alpha? It's not sacrilege to say I much prefer covers by G n' R. I think they're better than the originals; including Sympathy For The Devil, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Whole Lotta Rosie and Live And Let Die.

DarthMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 12:37 PM
SLAYER
GO JETS GO

I'm SLAYER, and I enjoy pissing away my vCash on the Jets.

SLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 01:51 PM
sully1410
#EggosForEleven

vCash: 127
I'm sully1410, but you can call me sully.

I'm pretty much a ****ing all star when it comes to posting.

Boo. Yea.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 01:52 PM
sully1410
#EggosForEleven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
Old guys represent!

And Alpha? It's not sacrilege to say I much prefer covers by G n' R. I think they're better than the originals; including Sympathy For The Devil, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Whole Lotta Rosie and Live And Let Die.
Knocking on heavens door? Debatable. Live and Let die? Yes. Everything else...**** no.

Old
03-10-2015, 02:00 PM
DarthMonty
Makin' saves

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Knocking on heavens door? Debatable. Live and Let die? Yes. Everything else...**** no.
Definitely an instance of personal preference! No problem with your opinion on this issue - music is a very personal taste.

Old
03-10-2015, 02:12 PM
sully1410
#EggosForEleven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
Definitely an instance of personal preference! No problem with your opinion on this issue - music is a very personal taste.
You forgot one very important cover. G n' R's cover of Yesterday. Probably my favorite cover by them.

Old
03-10-2015, 02:19 PM
AlphaLackey

vCash: 147
Quote:
See, the GnR cover of "Sympathy for the Devil" actually sounds much more.. silkily sinister than the Stones original. I know I'm in the minority for this one. And yeah, old guys represent!

AlphaLackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 02:32 PM
Mason the Goalie
@colinhuII

vCash: 595
hi im topjet and this is jackass

Mason the Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 02:41 PM
sully1410
#EggosForEleven

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaLackey View Post
See, the GnR cover of "Sympathy for the Devil" actually sounds much more.. silkily sinister than the Stones original. I know I'm in the minority for this one. And yeah, old guys represent!
Yes I prefer the Rolling Stones version. I liked the GnR version like ten years ago...you guys are just out of date I guess.

Old
03-10-2015, 03:10 PM
SensibleGuy

Oh ew...axel's voice makes most of their covers annoying as hell. The originals of live and let die and heavens door are monumentally, gigantically better than gnr's covers. I'm sorry but i'm putting a stop to this nonsense RIGHT NOW young man!

SensibleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 03:10 PM
DarthMonty
Makin' saves

Quote:
Yes I prefer the Rolling Stones version. I liked the GnR version like ten years ago...you guys are just out of date I guess.
Well, we're old, after all.

Old
03-10-2015, 05:00 PM
Ducky10
Playoff Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgjetsfan26 View Post
Hey everyone im somewhat new here and have been browsing many of the threads posted here on the Jets board. It looks like a great community of Jets fans and I though it would be fun to become active here. So I just wanted to introduce myself and am looking forward to meeting new people!

Go Jets Go!
Welcome aboard, look forward to hearing from you. I too am pretty new around here, joined this past November and it's only taken me 4 short months to realize I don't have a life because I spend an inordinate amount of time talking to internet strangers.

It can be a fun place though, best place to talk to knowledgeable hockey fans I've found.

Oh, and I'm old too....like over 40 under 50 old.

and

I like The Rolling Stones and GNR.....when they do their own songs......unless The Stones are doing blues covers, that's ok.

GJG!

Ducky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 05:09 PM
jetsforever

I'm jetsforever and I support the Jets

jetsforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 05:43 PM
Mud Turtle

I'm named after a great little lake in the Whiteshell that produces all the pike and smallmouth bass you could ever want.

I sometimes live too much in the future as I often find myself following our prospects even more than the big club. Since the 2013 draft I've predicted that the Jets will be Stanley Cup Champions by 2018-19. The Hockey News stole that one from me.

I'm old enough to remember as a kid listening to Hull, Hedberg and Nilsson work their magic.

Mud Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 05:47 PM
chaos4
Mr.Scratch

vCash: 615
This cover song business... Under My Thumb, Rolling Stones or Streetheart?

chaos4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 05:52 PM
Koonta
The Boss Wears White

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos4 View Post
This cover song business... Under My Thumb, Rolling Stones or Streetheart?
For that one I'd say Streetheart.

Koonta is offline   Reply With Quote