HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets fans around the world - introduce yourselves!

Old
03-12-2015, 11:00 AM
buggs
nanoo nanoo

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
LOL - I am also one of the token "frenchies"! From the Gaspe peninsula, although I'm not inherently good at hockeying. I played it, even so far as to try out for the MMJHL. Just not good enough, though.

I also have a "Goals For Kids" patch!
Geez and you're like 90 and didn't make it. In the old days they weren't near as good at hockey as they are now.

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 11:19 AM
voyageur
The watchful one

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
Voodoo en Français? Et fou?
Vaudoo, I had to look that one up though. Et oui, un peu...

Quote:
LOL - I am also one of the token "frenchies"! From the Gaspe peninsula, although I'm not inherently good at hockeying. I played it, even so far as to try out for the MMJHL. Just not good enough, though.

Awesome, I have never been to the Gaspé, I'd like to take my dad there someday.
Your hockeying is better than mine, I learned how to skate in ditches. I never played organized hockey, but played hockey every day; in high school, it was against our local team...I can teach kids how to shoot a good wrist shot, and make a saucer pass on the tape. My two pad stack, with the old Cooper pads, usually gets a good laugh too.

The "Goals for Kids" was one of the best things about the old Jets. Would be nice to see today's team of millionaire players revive it.

voyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 11:37 AM
EpicGingy

vCash: 2192
Quote:

My dad grew up in Barachois, which is pretty close to Gaspè. I've gone there for about a week about every summer of my life.

The flies and mosquitos are near unbearable. Percè Rock is pretty awesome, though. My grandparents house is on a hill far across from it and you can see it all day from there.

EpicGingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 11:55 AM
WetCoastJet

Old school fan on the West coast.

WetCoastJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 12:10 PM
phrenssoa

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
I'm one of the token Frenchies on this board, which means I inherently know how to play hockey, and am a natural goalie...
Yeah, you can add another one the token Frenchies clan!

phrenssoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 12:57 PM
DarthMonty
Makin' saves

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicGingy View Post
My dad grew up in Barachois, which is pretty close to Gaspè. I've gone there for about a week about every summer of my life.

The flies and mosquitos are near unbearable. Percè Rock is pretty awesome, though. My grandparents house is on a hill far across from it and you can see it all day from there.
It's why everybody knows how to swim there - it's the only refuge from the flys.

My grandfather fishing on the Little Cascapedia circa 1960:

My younger brother and I playing on the shore by the family home circa 1963:

The family home circa 1955 (my grandfather had the house moved and turned so the front faced the ocean):

And finally, my mother and my cousin at Percè circa 1960:

DarthMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 01:00 PM
SoupaTroupa
WHY NOT US?

vCash: 518
I'm SoupaTroupa, I'm new as well. I'm one of the few females around here apparently. I work in a predominantly male business and most the guys can't believe how much I know about hockey. Most of my knowledge comes from here.

I love Mathieu Perreault (how come you guys harp on "Meyers" spelling but not "Perrault"s?), Jacob Trouba and Mark Scheifele. There isn't really a Jet I don't like actually... well I guess I could do without Pavelec, but I'm sure he's a great guy.

SoupaTroupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 01:12 PM
NewLookJets
x Winnipeg Jets

Hey, Jet Propulsion here. I generally prefer positive posts. The summer was brutal! That being said, I enjoy the banter back and forth, unless I have heard the same argument on the same topic ad infinitum for a long time. I find the board respectful and more or less informed. While I take myself seriously enough on some topics, I realize that there are several posters who know way more about hockey than me, and a whole pile of people that think they do. All in all, I am happy that Chevy is running the Jets and HFboards isn't (although I do reserve the right to change my mind a few times before the end of the season).

NewLookJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Jet Speed19

vCash: 588
After Reading this thread, I decided it was about time I made an account to share my insights. I've been lurking here since the Jets came back but I don't post on the internet at all. I fall into the old man category but at 41 I'm still trying to come to terms with that. I hope using 19 in my username doesn't make people think I'm a Slater fan. It is my favorite hockey number because of Sakic, Yzerman, Toews, etc NOT Slater. I would like to see Petan bump him and steal his number. Also, I like when Cheswick posts because he always has pretty girls as his Avatar(I hope he approves of mine).

Edit: Guess I have to find out how to add my pic

Last edited by Jet Speed19; 03-12-2015 at 01:31 PM..
Jet Speed19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 01:23 PM
SoupaTroupa
WHY NOT US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Speed19 View Post
I fall into the old man category but at 41 I'm still trying to come to terms with that.
hey are you calling me old!?!

Old
03-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Jet Speed19

Sorry Soup, don't want to make enemies on my first day Seems like everyone over 40 on this forum is considered old.

Old
03-12-2015, 01:32 PM
SoupaTroupa
WHY NOT US?

Quote:
Sorry Soup, don't want to make enemies on my first day Seems like everyone over 40 on this forum is considered old.
Just having fun. I'm 41 too, but I don't feel old!

Old
03-12-2015, 01:38 PM
jefferoni
mother was a hamster

vCash: 777
Quote:
After Reading this thread, I decided it was about time I made an account to share my insights. I've been lurking here since the Jets came back but I don't post on the internet at all. I fall into the old man category but at 41 I'm still trying to come to terms with that. I hope using 19 in my username doesn't make people think I'm a Slater fan. It is my favorite hockey number because of Sakic, Yzerman, Toews, etc NOT Slater. I would like to see Petan bump him and steal his number. Also, I like when Cheswick posts because he always has pretty girls as his Avatar(I hope he approves of mine).

Edit: Guess I have to find out how to add my pic
Welcome to the forum, young man!

EDIT: To add an avatar go to your user control panel (click "User CP" on the left of the menu bar) and then select "Edit Avatar".

Last edited by jefferoni; 03-12-2015 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: Noticed JS19's edit re: avatars
jefferoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 01:40 PM
NewLookJets
x Winnipeg Jets

I'm a "few" years older than 41. I don't feel old yet either although I can see old a long way off in the distance and that only because I live in the flatlands.

NewLookJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 01:47 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
I keep telling you. 10,000 posts.
20000 imo

JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Jet Speed19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferoni View Post
Welcome to the forum, young man!

EDIT: To add an avatar go to your user control panel (click "User CP" on the left of the menu bar) and then select "Edit Avatar".
Thanks, I was using profile picture. Also, I don't hear "young Man" very often. Although I was asked for ID for beer in Grand Forks last month.

Old
03-12-2015, 01:54 PM
SoupaTroupa
WHY NOT US?

Quote:
Thanks, I was using profile picture. Also, I don't hear "young Man" very often. Although I was asked for ID for beer in Grand Forks last month.
I got asked for ID at the Jets game the other day!

Old
03-12-2015, 02:00 PM
buggs
nanoo nanoo

vCash: 162
Quote:
25 years since I was last ID'd for liquor. Even when they say it's mandatory they let me slide.

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Jet Speed19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupaTroupa View Post
I got asked for ID at the Jets game the other day!
That must feel good. You probably look young though. I have plenty of grey in my beard.

Old
03-12-2015, 04:48 PM
sully1410
#EggosForEleven

vCash: 127
Quote:
My dad got asked for ID at Valley Fair back in the day. He kind of raised an eyebrow at the kid, who shrugged and said its policy.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 05:51 PM
JetOil

vCash: 130
Hey!

I'm essentially the ultimate lurker here; I know far too much about the escapades of a Swede, a German, and a New Zealander crazy enough to visit our city during the absolute coldest days of the year. Combined with some information about the anatomy of a beaver and it all works out to be a pretty decent mid-afternoon read.

But in all seriousness, I love this community, it's great to read the comments and opinions of others who share my passion of the Jets. This forum has made my love of the Jets grow greater with every day, and I want more than anything to finally see some playoff hockey next month.

Although I don't say a whole lot, I've been right beside you all on that ledge after every loss, and over the moon with every win.

JetOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 06:07 PM
Skidooboy

I'm skidooboy
I don't own a skidoo I'm not a boy.

I love the jets. Have since Stan Kubichecks (spelling?) moustache told me I should.

Hate the oilers. Like damn them to hell for all eternity, hate the Oilers.

One time I ate a bug.

Skidooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 06:24 PM
John Agar
The 4th Hanson Bro'

As my Avatar suggests, I love the movie Slapshot.

I occasionally foil my knuckles to watch Jets games, just to re-live when I played - I have scars on my knuckles and under my hairline just above where my back helmet line was.

I still love to play with toys and race car sets.

I grew up as a kid in the Peg' playing hockey on outdoor rinks, skating after the lights were turned out for hours. Would go and buy the cheap seats under the Queen hop down to watch the WHA Jets. Attended most of the Jets 1.0 games and cried as grown man when they left. Now during 2.0 I cry when our opposition shoots from centre ice

I originally came to the board when the original owners had it out of Florida. Was owner of a business in Brandon, Manitoba and was a sponsor and season ticket holder of the Brandon Wheat Kings. Started writing articles about the Dub' on Hockeys Future as I had access to the players and league with my connections.

I got busy in life and had to give HF and writing up.

Re-registered finally again and love to make fun, cajole and correct people as needed.

I expect to be censured and have been occasionally banned from time to time.

I am extremely good looking, charming and quite well off... otherwise I have no life so come and hang out here. Sarcasm is another service I provide. Did I mention I am also humble and happily married for 28 years (Sorry girls and boys )

John Agar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 09:39 PM
igorulanov

Hi. I'm igorulanov.

i'm a fan of the Winnipeg Jets, who still hurts from the departure of the Jets v1.0. I don't think I'll ever fully recover from that.

I too was a long-time lurker. Just recently joined to join the banter.

Go Jets Go!

igorulanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 10:37 PM
Tequila Mockingbird

I'm TM. Long time reader, first time poster.

Story: I did not grow up in a hockey household. The HNIC theme was not at all a part of my childhood. Then one year, when I was maybe 11, my family went to Stars On Ice. Elvis Stojko came out wearing a Selanne jersey, and a young fan was born.

Tequila Mockingbird is offline   Reply With Quote