HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 5.0

Old
04-19-2015, 12:54 PM
JPGoHabsGo

vCash: 500
Hey all

I am going to be in town from may 6-10. Looking for advice on hotels (not too picky, just needs to be clean and safe). As well, should I trust scalpers by the bell centre or use stubhub? assuming the canadiens are in town I am dying to see a game but dont wanna pay through the nose for a fake ticket

JPGoHabsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2015, 01:48 AM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGoHabsGo View Post
Hey all

I am going to be in town from may 6-10. Looking for advice on hotels (not too picky, just needs to be clean and safe). As well, should I trust scalpers by the bell centre or use stubhub? assuming the canadiens are in town I am dying to see a game but dont wanna pay through the nose for a fake ticket
Scalpers are reliable... But you will pay a lot.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2015, 11:19 AM
Bones45
Prince is a Redneck

Hey! Might be coming to MTL or game vs Isles in Nov.

I have many questions which are not allowed to be asked on this form regarding things to do -- can someone "in the know", PM me? thanks!!

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Zippy316

I'm planning on going up with friends to go to Osheaga in Montreal at the end of the month.

Never been to Montreal before but where exactly is the festival at compared to the city. Thanks in advance.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2015, 07:28 PM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I'm planning on going up with friends to go to Osheaga in Montreal at the end of the month.

Never been to Montreal before but where exactly is the festival at compared to the city. Thanks in advance.
You can go there using the subway station Jean-Drapeau. The festival is on Ste-Helens Island which is a man made island next to the Jacques Cartier bridge.... So it's about a 15 mins subway ride from downtown.

Old
07-22-2015, 07:33 PM
Discipline Daddy
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUB

This is a wonderful guide, thank you so much.

I have been a Carolina Hurricanes and hockey fan since 2001. I know your fanbase may not love us, but hey at least I'm not a Bruins fan, right? I should say that my only regular hockey jerseys are Canes jerseys. However, I do have a jersey with ComedyWorx on it (a local Raleigh improv comedy club) and we chose the Montreal Canadiens colors and piping. I love it. To be honest I think your jerseys are my favorites in the league, and I have a soft spot for you guys (especially because of PK Subban).

Anyway, every NHL player when asked what their favorite road city to play in is says Montreal. I got married last month and my wife and I are honeymooning and road-tripping from Boston through Montreal (I promise you I'm not a Bruin!). My question is do you have any recommended places to stay, or would you recommend going airbnb? I'd like to at least spend one night in a pretty nice hotel, but I'd like to not spend more than $250 if possible, and would like to spend my other evenings at around $120 or less. Reply or PM me if you have any advice. Thank you greatly.

Discipline Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2015, 12:17 PM
MettleMcOiler
5-14-6-1

Montreal Summers

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to Montreal and was wondering if any of you have any suggestions in what to do in downtown Montreal in the summer. Any festivals, sites, restuarents, any firworks happening this month. So far I love the city, would like to live it up a bit here too. Merci

MettleMcOiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2015, 12:29 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by MettleMcOiler View Post
Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to Montreal and was wondering if any of you have any suggestions in what to do in downtown Montreal in the summer. Any festivals, sites, restuarents, any firworks happening this month. So far I love the city, would like to live it up a bit here too. Merci
Just get a beer and sit on a Terrace. Ogle.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2015, 12:30 PM
MettleMcOiler
5-14-6-1

Awesome! Merci Beaucoup!

Old
08-05-2015, 12:31 PM
MettleMcOiler
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King View Post
Just get a beer and sit on a Terrace. Ogle.
Haha will do XD thanks!

Old
08-05-2015, 03:07 PM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MettleMcOiler View Post
Hey guys,

Oh boy you're asking all the questions that are answered in the the guide... Fireworks are every Wednesday and Saturday at la ronde and the Jacques Cartier bridge is closed so that people can watch from it, but it ended last week-end. Tonight there's a free concert by the OSM in front of the Olympic stadium, main festivals (jazz, just for laughs) are over, Osheaga too, but there's always something at the old port.

So here are the schedules and details for those events.

http://montreal.about.com/od/montrea...orks_mtl_2.htm
http://www.osm.ca/en/concert/big-fre...ented-siriusxm
http://www.oldportofmontreal.com/events

Old
08-06-2015, 12:56 AM
MettleMcOiler
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Oh boy you're asking all the questions that are answered in the the guide... Fireworks are every Wednesday and Saturday at la ronde and the Jacques Cartier bridge is closed so that people can watch from it, but it ended last week-end. Tonight there's a free concert by the OSM in front of the Olympic stadium, main festivals (jazz, just for laughs) are over, Osheaga too, but there's always something at the old port.

So here are the schedules and details for those events.

http://montreal.about.com/od/montrea...orks_mtl_2.htm
http://www.osm.ca/en/concert/big-fre...ented-siriusxm
http://www.oldportofmontreal.com/events
Yeah, seems like a missed a good portion already. But thanks for the schedules, im glad Old Sport still having events going. Really appreciate the links.

Last edited by MettleMcOiler: 08-06-2015 at 02:54 AM.
Old
08-06-2015, 07:36 AM
needmorefunds007

Rise of Yoga in MTL - Yogathon?

Hey all,

Not sure if you've noticed - but many of our Habs players practice yoga and focus on the breath/mind to stay focused.

I've seen hundreds of yoga studios in Montreal and just recently came across this event happening at the McCord Museum: https://www.yogathon.org/

I've heard of marathons and triathlons.... but now even yogathons... pretty crazy!

Any people in the board into this? What benefits have you seen?

On a side note, lots more women than men usually practicing...but that is slowly changing... for wtv reason (maybe it's the new place to meet women )

Last edited by hototogisu: 08-06-2015 at 10:13 AM. Reason: no babe pics
needmorefunds007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2015, 07:52 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

I get the feeling that people think breathing and stretching can replace actual physical/cardiovascular activity. But whatever. Yoga pants are among the greatest inventions of the modern era.

Last edited by hototogisu: 08-06-2015 at 10:14 AM. Reason: that'll do
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2015, 08:15 AM
needmorefunds007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I get the feeling that people think breathing and stretching can replace actual physical/cardiovascular activity. But whatever. Yoga pants are among the greatest inventions of the modern era.
I think it complements it well... I've tried it and it made a huge difference for me.

Last edited by hototogisu: 08-06-2015 at 10:14 AM.
Old
08-06-2015, 08:31 AM
Blood On The Ice

Yoga pants, or how to make a jelly butt look rock solid with some compression outfits.

Don't get fooled gentlemen.

Blood On The Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2015, 08:53 AM
DAChampion

I've done yoga and it's great exercise.

It's good for strength, balance, flexibility and cardiovascular health. With that said I'm taking an extended break from it to focus on accelerated weight loss. I hope to go back when I'm thinner.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2015, 09:55 AM
needmorefunds007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I've done yoga and it's great exercise.

It's good for strength, balance, flexibility and cardiovascular health. With that said I'm taking an extended break from it to focus on accelerated weight loss. I hope to go back when I'm thinner.
I'm going to be joining the yogathon in Montreal - I heard it's an amazing workout. I need to shed lots of pounds myself.

Old
08-06-2015, 05:21 PM
HABNIKO

I've heard that eating falafel with some green tea is like doing 1 hour of yoga.

HABNIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2015, 09:12 PM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABNIKO View Post
I've heard that eating falafel with some green tea is like doing 1 hour of yoga.
I've heard that riding an elephant for 2 hours is a good alternative contraception method.

Old
08-06-2015, 10:20 PM
HABNIKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
I've heard that riding an elephant for 2 hours is a good alternative contraception method.
Now imagine riding the elephant while eating falafel with green tea wow! that would be nirvana.

HABNIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2015, 10:35 PM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

Quote:
Now imagine riding the elephant while eating falafel with green tea wow! that would be nirvana.
I heard that going to nirvana by watching a double rainbow is as powerful and equivalent to re-creating the big bang.

Old
08-07-2015, 02:03 AM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discipline Daddy View Post
This is a wonderful guide, thank you so much.

I have been a Carolina Hurricanes and hockey fan since 2001. I know your fanbase may not love us, but hey at least I'm not a Bruins fan, right? I should say that my only regular hockey jerseys are Canes jerseys. However, I do have a jersey with ComedyWorx on it (a local Raleigh improv comedy club) and we chose the Montreal Canadiens colors and piping. I love it. To be honest I think your jerseys are my favorites in the league, and I have a soft spot for you guys (especially because of PK Subban).

Anyway, every NHL player when asked what their favorite road city to play in is says Montreal. I got married last month and my wife and I are honeymooning and road-tripping from Boston through Montreal (I promise you I'm not a Bruin!). My question is do you have any recommended places to stay, or would you recommend going airbnb? I'd like to at least spend one night in a pretty nice hotel, but I'd like to not spend more than $250 if possible, and would like to spend my other evenings at around $120 or less. Reply or PM me if you have any advice. Thank you greatly.
I'd suggest Hôtel Nelligan, in the Old Port.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2015, 04:29 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
If by yoga, you mean fart sesh, then yea totally.

Not many people actually know this or don't want to admit it.. but real yoga requires a lot of core strength and is a fantastic full body workout.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2015, 12:54 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Hi all,

I'm visiting Montreal for the first time Oct 1-5. Looks like I'll just miss a home preseason game, then they're on the road to play the Islanders. I'm not sure if there's a QMJHL team close to Montreal (is Sherbrooke the closest?), but it looks like junior hockey takes a break during NHL camps.

Any sports happenings that weekend around the city?

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote