HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2016, 12:28 PM
  #101
Puzzles
nice sauce
 
Puzzles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groot View Post
Hey everyone, a couple of friends and I are planning to go to a concert in mid-March at the Corona Theatre, the show is on a Sunday and I just wanted to pick your brains for like hotel recommendations, bars near by, stuff like that. Driving up from Long Island, thanks in advance.
Burgundy Lion, Drinkerie

Puzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2016, 11:12 AM
  #102
That Habs Fan
Weber + Price = ✓
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,334
vCash: 500
Making my annual trip in March for the game against Dallas on the 8th...the team better have pulled its head out of its collective ass by then.

I hope to see Price

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2016, 09:16 PM
  #103
Phenom
Registered User
 
Phenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,754
vCash: 500
wrong thread

Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2016, 09:27 PM
  #104
Le Tricolore
Moderator
Boo! BOOOOO!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 33,790
vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
Burgundy Lion, Drinkerie
The older I get, the more I like Burgundy Lion. It's got some pretty damn good food, cocktails a decent beer selection and many, many scotches. I'm a fan.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2016, 03:08 PM
  #105
Runner77
******************
 
Runner77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16,617
vCash: 2100
I have guests coming in from France this August. Was hoping the 375th celebrations would be in full swing but they're only beginning in December.

The jazz fest would have been great were they coming earlier.

Now, I'm scrambling ... a day in Quebec city, a day in Ottawa, a day at the outlets ... and what else is usually going on in August in our city? No Habs. No Grand Prix. Might have to bring them to see the Impact.

Any suggestions? I had a great time when I went to France for a week, they planned the whole week, saw sand dunes, chateaux and attended multiple wine tastings and an outdoor festival. These guests will be here for two weeks and likely living at my home. I need to plan.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2016, 11:24 AM
  #106
Campoozmstnz
Registered User
 
Campoozmstnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 227
vCash: 500
I'm planning on bringing my kids to an Armada game next week-end. Are rink side tickets a good thing or it's better to sit a little further to enjoy the game?

Campoozmstnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2016, 10:22 PM
  #107
Lucky Luke
Registered User
 
Lucky Luke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campoozmstnz View Post
I'm planning on bringing my kids to an Armada game next week-end. Are rink side tickets a good thing or it's better to sit a little further to enjoy the game?
There's only 12 rows.
Sit at the top of a blue section, you will see the play develop a lot better.
If you plan on cheering for the Armada, choose one of sections 101, 102, 116 or 117.
If you are cheering for the opposition, choose one of sections 104, 105, 113 or 114.

Lucky Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2016, 08:40 AM
  #108
Campoozmstnz
Registered User
 
Campoozmstnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Luke View Post
There's only 12 rows.
Sit at the top of a blue section, you will see the play develop a lot better.
If you plan on cheering for the Armada, choose one of sections 101, 102, 116 or 117.
If you are cheering for the opposition, choose one of sections 104, 105, 113 or 114.
Thx!

Campoozmstnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2016, 11:45 AM
  #109
Skrudland
Registered Eweser
 
Skrudland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 991
vCash: 500
Hey guys! My wife and I are going to be in Montreal this weekend staying near Chinatown. Any suggestions for a Sunday brunch in that area or within walking distance? Also any thoughts on nice-but-not-too-fancy restaurants in the area? Thanks!

Skrudland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2016, 12:04 PM
  #110
Paul Dipietro
Registered User
 
Paul Dipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrudland View Post
Hey guys! My wife and I are going to be in Montreal this weekend staying near Chinatown. Any suggestions for a Sunday brunch in that area or within walking distance? Also any thoughts on nice-but-not-too-fancy restaurants in the area? Thanks!
Do you guys actually enjoy asian cuisine? If so, here are a few of my favorites

Dim Sum -> Kam Fung (1111 St-Urbain)

Dumplings (handmade) -> Qing Hua (1019 St-Laurent)

Vietnamese (best Pho) -> Pho Bac (1016 St-Laurent)

Korean -> Chez Bong (1021 St-Laurent)

Mind you none of these places can be considered "fancy", but they definitely give you a great bang for your buck.

FYI Pho Bac and Qing Hua are cash-only

Paul Dipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2016, 02:47 PM
  #111
Skrudland
Registered Eweser
 
Skrudland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
Do you guys actually enjoy asian cuisine? If so, here are a few of my favorites

Dim Sum -> Kam Fung (1111 St-Urbain)

Dumplings (handmade) -> Qing Hua (1019 St-Laurent)

Vietnamese (best Pho) -> Pho Bac (1016 St-Laurent)

Korean -> Chez Bong (1021 St-Laurent)

Mind you none of these places can be considered "fancy", but they definitely give you a great bang for your buck.

FYI Pho Bac and Qing Hua are cash-only
We've been to Kam Fung before and would be going again but we're going to do a traditional brunch this time. We'll definitely give Pho Bac a try. Thanks!

Skrudland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2016, 02:54 PM
  #112
Paul Dipietro
Registered User
 
Paul Dipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrudland View Post
We've been to Kam Fung before and would be going again but we're going to do a traditional brunch this time. We'll definitely give Pho Bac a try. Thanks!
Didn't know you were being literal about brunch . In that case I don't really have anything to recommend in Chinatown... Sorry

Paul Dipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2016, 04:50 PM
  #113
Skrudland
Registered Eweser
 
Skrudland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
Didn't know you were being literal about brunch . In that case I don't really have anything to recommend in Chinatown... Sorry
No problem!

Anyone been to Montréalais?

Skrudland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2016, 09:20 PM
  #114
Puzzles
nice sauce
 
Puzzles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrudland View Post
We've been to Kam Fung before and would be going again but we're going to do a traditional brunch this time. We'll definitely give Pho Bac a try. Thanks!
If you're thinking traditional brunch, you should walk down south to Vieux Port and check out places there. One of my favourites is Verses, which is attached to a hotel and it's pretty nice. If you're willing to travel a little further, one of my favourite 'hipster' brunch spots is Le Cartet. Alternatively, Cafe Parvis is a pretty unique hipster brunch experience, hidden away kind of near Place des Arts.

Puzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2016, 06:51 PM
  #115
lostriver
clear the foxhole!
 
lostriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Our Lady of Grace
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
I like "L’Arrivage" restaurant (in the Pointe-à-Callière Museum. SW corner of the Old Port) for brunch. decent menu, fair prices, great view.

lostriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2016, 09:22 PM
  #116
That Habs Fan
Weber + Price = ✓
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,334
vCash: 500
gonna be in town for the March 8th game, pumped (it's my 12th time, wife's 2nd game, but she lived in mtl)

is chez swann a nice hotel? the name sounds skanky but it looks decent online, a bit smaller which is nice. booked real cheap there via hotwire

anyone have any good vegetarian restaurant suggestions? (for her)

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2016, 01:26 AM
  #117
Alexdaman
Wolfman
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hell/Heaven
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,124
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Habs Fan View Post
gonna be in town for the March 8th game, pumped (it's my 12th time, wife's 2nd game, but she lived in mtl)

is chez swann a nice hotel? the name sounds skanky but it looks decent online, a bit smaller which is nice. booked real cheap there via hotwire

anyone have any good vegetarian restaurant suggestions? (for her)
Hipster spot but very good food.

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/le-cagibi-montr%C3%A9al-2

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2016, 11:40 AM
  #118
Groot
I am Groot.
 
Groot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ridge, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
The older I get, the more I like Burgundy Lion. It's got some pretty damn good food, cocktails a decent beer selection and many, many scotches. I'm a fan.
Definitely going to check that one out, will probably bar hop around the Bell Centre on March 12th when I'm up there, since where I'm staying is real close, I'd love to actually get in to the Habs Wild game but I'm not made of money lol.

Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2016, 02:09 PM
  #119
Puzzles
nice sauce
 
Puzzles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Habs Fan View Post
gonna be in town for the March 8th game, pumped (it's my 12th time, wife's 2nd game, but she lived in mtl)

is chez swann a nice hotel? the name sounds skanky but it looks decent online, a bit smaller which is nice. booked real cheap there via hotwire

anyone have any good vegetarian restaurant suggestions? (for her)
ChuChai (mock meat place, good if you're a meat eater, http://www.yelp.ca/biz/chuchai-montr%C3%A9al-3)

Lola Rosa (http://www.yelp.ca/biz/lola-rosa-park-montr%C3%A9al)

Aux Vivres (http://www.yelp.ca/biz/aux-vivres-montr%C3%A9al-3)

Puzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2016, 04:21 PM
  #120
lostriver
clear the foxhole!
 
lostriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Our Lady of Grace
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
I have guests coming in from France this August. Was hoping the 375th celebrations would be in full swing but they're only beginning in December.

The jazz fest would have been great were they coming earlier.

Now, I'm scrambling ... a day in Quebec city, a day in Ottawa, a day at the outlets ... and what else is usually going on in August in our city? No Habs. No Grand Prix. Might have to bring them to see the Impact.

Any suggestions? I had a great time when I went to France for a week, they planned the whole week, saw sand dunes, chateaux and attended multiple wine tastings and an outdoor festival. These guests will be here for two weeks and likely living at my home. I need to plan.
take them up north for a couple of days. lakes, forest, bonfires...

lostriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2016, 11:10 AM
  #121
That Habs Fan
Weber + Price = ✓
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,334
vCash: 500
Thanks for the restaurant suggestions guys!

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2016, 01:30 PM
  #122
Skrudland
Registered Eweser
 
Skrudland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 991
vCash: 500
During our weekend excursion during the cold snap we ended up going to Deville Dinerbar, Restaurant Holder and Le Montréalais. Deville was a pretty fun spot and we were both quite impressed with the menu although my Old Fashioned had the faint odour of cleaning solution :/. Holder was a good, traditional place with a nice wine selection. Le Montréalais was a pretty standard brunch but good quality food at least. We would definitely hit up Deville again.

Skrudland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2016, 04:18 PM
  #123
PaulByron41
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Where can i buy Kappa clothing and shoes in Montreal? Any ideas?

PaulByron41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2016, 05:02 PM
  #124
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 17,782
vCash: 500
Hey guys I have friends from NC here for the week. Any suggestions? Montreal, Quebec City, whatever.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2016, 07:49 AM
  #125
Puzzles
nice sauce
 
Puzzles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrudland View Post
During our weekend excursion during the cold snap we ended up going to Deville Dinerbar, Restaurant Holder and Le Montréalais. Deville was a pretty fun spot and we were both quite impressed with the menu although my Old Fashioned had the faint odour of cleaning solution :/. Holder was a good, traditional place with a nice wine selection. Le Montréalais was a pretty standard brunch but good quality food at least. We would definitely hit up Deville again.
The burgers at Deville are great. If you/your wife are into dessert next time get the Applie Pie Ice Cream Sandwich.

Montrealais is old person brunch, if you want something more gastronomique try Chez Sophie.

Puzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.