HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

refresh my memory, what did we get for

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2005, 04:57 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
refresh my memory, what did we get for

Zidlicky and Malhotra?

Saw the game last night and whatever it was it was not enough.

Zidlicky must be one of the best offensive Dmen in the league. He is awesome on PP. His agility on the blue line distributing the puck is up there with the best and that includes Leetch in his prime. I knew he was good, but this was the first game I saw Preds play and he exceeded my expectations.

Malhotra - is a revelation. He is fast, he is strong, he is disciplined and he is full of promise. Looks like it took the Blue Jackets to fully figure out his potential.
I was one of those saying he would never be more that a good defensive center,
I was wrong and it eats me now.

Old
10-27-2005, 05:33 AM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
Malhotra and Heisten for Martin Rucinsky and Roman Lyashenko ( )

Old
10-27-2005, 05:58 AM
Yizee*

R.I.P Lyashenko

Yeah Malholtra looked like the best player for columbus last night - definitely not the same player he was on the Rangers but he definitely wasnt playing with other youngsters when he was here like we have now so I blame it on Sather its all his fault

Old
10-27-2005, 06:28 AM
Belizarius

Send a message via MSN to Belizarius
Zidlicky (+ Rem Murray I think) went to Nashville for Mike Dunham.

Old
10-27-2005, 06:36 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

bummer all around!

Malhotra looked very strong.

Old
10-27-2005, 06:43 AM
in the hall

Malhotra was a lost cause here, thought and still think the deal is fair, plus I liked Lyashenko

RIP Lyashenko

Zdlicky deal was killer as Sather was playing hardball with him so he never was signed before the season started and there was intrigue and hype about him even then. I think Kloucek also went in that deal.

Old
10-27-2005, 07:00 AM
Belizarius

Send a message via MSN to Belizarius
12-Dec-02 New York Rangers traded Rem Murray, Tomas Kloucek and Marek Zidlicky to the Nashville Predators for Mike Dunham.

http://tsf.waymoresports.thestar.com...layer.cgi?2374

12-Mar-02 New York Rangers traded Manny Malhotra and Barrett Heisten to the Dallas Stars for Martin Rucinsky and Roman Lyashenko
http://tsf.waymoresports.thestar.com...layer.cgi?1617

Old
10-27-2005, 07:42 AM
Synergy27

Wasn't Zidlicky refusing to play in the AHL and Slats not willing to give him a two way contract? In hindsight, this was obviously a mistake, but I think it was wise of Slats to do this at the time.

Old
10-27-2005, 07:51 AM
Kardi

to bad you guys couldnt get vokoun instead of dunham
that would of been sick

Old
10-27-2005, 08:00 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27
Wasn't Zidlicky refusing to play in the AHL and Slats not willing to give him a two way contract? In hindsight, this was obviously a mistake, but I think it was wise of Slats to do this at the time.
I don't agree. First of all we where spreading $ like crazy at the time, Sather refused to give Zidlicky half of what any 1st round pick gets without asking twice, half of it! Really absurd. I saw quit allot of Zidlicky in HIFK, Finland. When I saw him the 1st time the year after we drafted him I made a post at RFC stating that Zidlicky was one of the top 5 stickhandlers in the game, all positions and all leagues. He have amazing hands and poise with the puck.

There where some questionmarks about how he would look in the NHL, but at the same time its a fact that Sather could not have payed any attention at all at the scouting reports from Rockström and Co. Had we moved him straight up for Dunham or even someone better it would have been defendable at the time, however throwing him into a deal like Sather made is one of the biggest misstakes a GM in NY have done in a long time.

Old
10-27-2005, 08:03 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27
Yep, he saved a cool 3 or 4 hundred thousand with that move.

Somehow, Nashville was able to come up with the extra dough to get him to come over.

No surprise here, as it's teams like Nashville that overpay for players.

Old
10-27-2005, 08:21 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
Yep, he saved a cool 3 or 4 hundred thousand with that move.
Lump that in with him refusing to sign Umberger (who is doing very well this year by most accounts) and Sather managed to save himself around $550,000. Good thing too. Otherwise whereever would he have the money to go out and sign Malik & Rozsival?

Old
10-27-2005, 08:27 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kardi
to bad you guys couldnt get vokoun instead of dunham
that would of been sick
well i think the only reason the rangers were able to get dunham is because the preds wanted Vokoun as their main guy

yeah Vokoun would've been awesome though, make the deal reasonable

Old
10-27-2005, 09:00 AM
TexMurphy

Trading Zidlicky ranks as one of the worst trades in recent NYR history but still is topped with trading Mattias Norström. Imho trading Norström was the single biggest mistake the rangers have made tradewise.

Imagine having Zidlicky - Norström as your first D pair. Perfect mix of offensive D-man and defensive D-man.

But who is suppriced, Rangers tallent development is in a class of its own.

Tex

Old
10-27-2005, 09:30 AM
phishman3579

Send a message via ICQ to phishman3579 Send a message via AIM to phishman3579 Send a message via Yahoo to phishman3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
Malhotra was a lost cause here, thought and still think the deal is fair, plus I liked Lyashenko

RIP Lyashenko

Zdlicky deal was killer as Sather was playing hardball with him so he never was signed before the season started and there was intrigue and hype about him even then. I think Kloucek also went in that deal.
I watched most the game; I was switching between the Devils game and the BJs game. When they started the game, they listed the lines with Malholtra as the first line center and Zidlicky was on the first pair. I was quite surprised.

Old
10-27-2005, 09:38 AM
phishman3579

Send a message via ICQ to phishman3579 Send a message via AIM to phishman3579 Send a message via Yahoo to phishman3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMurphy
Trading Zidlicky ranks as one of the worst trades in recent NYR history but still is topped with trading Mattias Norström. Imho trading Norström was the single biggest mistake the rangers have made tradewise.

Imagine having Zidlicky - Norström as your first D pair. Perfect mix of offensive D-man and defensive D-man.

Tex
Anson Carter acquired via Trade from Edmonton Oilers with Ales Pisa for Radek Dvorak and Cory Cross

Tom Poti acquired via Trade from Edmonton Oilers with Rem Murray for Mike York and 2002 4th Round Pick

Pavel Bure acquired via Trade from Florida Panthers with 2002 2nd Round Pick for Igor Ulanov, Filip Novak, 2002 1st Round Pick, 2002 2nd Round Pick and 2003 4th Round Pick

Eric Lindros acquired via Trade from Philadelphia Flyers with Future Considerations for Jan Hlavac, Kim Johnsson, Pavel Brendl and 2003 3rd Round Pick

Mike Dunham acquired via Trade from Nashville Predators with for Tomas Kloucek, Rem Murray and Marek Zidlicky

Old
10-27-2005, 09:39 AM
AGraveOne

Send a message via Yahoo to AGraveOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMurphy

Tex
I agree, i like Norstrom a lot. Who'd the Rangers get for him?

Old
10-27-2005, 09:41 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGraveOne
I agree, i like Norstrom a lot. Who'd the Rangers get for him?
Norstrom was part of the deal (along with Ray Ferraro, Laperriere and Nathan Lafayette) for Kurri, McSorley and Churla.

10-27-2005, 09:51 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Norstrom was part of the deal (along with Ray Ferraro, Laperriere and Nathan Lafayette) for Kurri, McSorley and Churla.
That's one Smith trade that ranks up there with any trade that Jackass has been slammed for. One of the worst trades of the last 25 years. Ranks up there with Ridley/Miller for Bobby Carpenter.

Old
10-27-2005, 09:54 AM
AGraveOne

Send a message via Yahoo to AGraveOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
That's one Smith trade that ranks up there with any trade that Jackass has been slammed for. One of the worst trades of the last 25 years. Ranks up there with Ridley/Miller for Bobby Carpenter.
i can't dislike Neil Smith but that is a Crap trade. If it was Norstrom only for those three...i'd throw up. Easy though looking back.

Old
10-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishman3579
I watched most the game; I was switching between the Devils game and the BJs game. When they started the game, they listed the lines with Malholtra as the first line center and Zidlicky was on the first pair. I was quite surprised.

I agree! I was stunned seeing Malhotra as their first line Center between Zherdev who is unbelievable as well (fast, big, big hands if ever so slightly selfish) and Vyborny!

Old
10-27-2005, 10:25 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by london ranger
I agree! I was stunned seeing Malhotra as their first line Center between Zherdev who is unbelievable as well (fast, big, big hands if ever so slightly selfish) and Vyborny!
Malhotra as the Jackets #1 center is a reason why Columbus GM Doug MacLean might lose his job.Malhotra bombed in Dallas before being waived

Old
10-27-2005, 10:28 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Nothing beats Rick Middleton for Ken Hodge.Nifty scored nearly 500 goals in the NHL

Old
10-27-2005, 10:29 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Nothing beats Rick Middleton for Ken Hodge.Nifty scored nearly 500 goals in the NHL
Let's not go back that far into the annals of history.

Old
10-27-2005, 10:30 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Lump that in with him refusing to sign Umberger (who is doing very well this year by most accounts) and Sather managed to save himself around $550,000. Good thing too. Otherwise whereever would he have the money to go out and sign Malik & Rozsival?
Doing very well playing in the AHL for the second straight season.Patrick Sharp and Jon Sim are on the Flyers while Richard Junior is not

Closed Thread