HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

cammy looks good at the point on the PP

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2005, 12:21 PM
phillyflyer

vCash: 500
cammy looks good at the point on the PP

I think he found his calling. My vote is keep him there as the QB on the pp. He seems to be a permanent fixture on this team for now....

Old
10-26-2005, 09:07 PM
Osprey

The reason why he's on the point and the best thing about his play there is that he's not afraid to shoot the puck. It's so great to see a player more than willing to shoot it. He also has an excellent shot that almost always gets on net (barring blocks).

I'm really surprised with how defensively responsible he is, which comes in quite handy when a PP goes wrong. At least a couple times per game, he's the only player back to thwart a rush and not yet has he not made the perfect play for the situation. He really deserves a whole lot of credit.

I'd like to see him tried up top on the PK. He might be good at pressuring the blueliners and forcing a few shorthanded breaks.

Last edited by Osprey: 10-26-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Old
10-26-2005, 10:02 PM
klesis71

agree.
i like him playing as the QB on the pp.

Old
10-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Yeah, he really gives us another threat from the blue line. I would like for out 1st PP unit to be Camms, Lubo, Frolov, Luc, and Demitra.

Old
10-27-2005, 12:21 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by klesis71
agree.
i like him playing as the QB on the pp.
Lubo is def. the QB.

But I love Cammy just cause he's not afraid to shoot the puck.

Old
10-27-2005, 01:13 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
The reason why he's on the point and the best thing about his play there is that he's not afraid to shoot the puck. It's so great to see a player more than willing to shoot it. He also has an excellent shot that almost always gets on net (barring blocks).

I'm really surprised with how defensively responsible he is, which comes in quite handy when a PP goes wrong. At least a couple times per game, he's the only player back to thwart a rush and not yet has he not made the perfect play for the situation. He really deserves a whole lot of credit.

I'd like to see him tried up top on the PK. He might be good at pressuring the blueliners and forcing a few shorthanded breaks.
Said perfectly. He's made some amazing defensive plays on SH attempts. His defensive skills are not a liabilty like some here made him out to be. He's truly a smart player, and he has to be with his size. You'll rarely seem him get caught out of position. He can get muscled off the puck, but he's very shifty, and that also has to do with his intelligence on the ice.

Old
10-27-2005, 02:13 AM
Brodie562

Hes also thrown a couple of "hits" haha.
Keep it up Cammy!!

Old
10-27-2005, 02:29 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie562
Hes also thrown a couple of "hits" haha.
Keep it up Cammy!!
The hits are what impresses me. He is trying to be physical. A couple have actually been dirty like a shoulder he threw to the face. I'd like to see him continue to play with an edge. If he could have half as much edge as Theo Fluery had he could be just as good because he is a better shot.

Ahhhhh Theo Fluery

Old
10-27-2005, 02:43 AM
Osprey

It's obvious his hits are forced and an afterthought, since I don't think that that's ever been a part of his game, but I suppose they're still hits, nonetheless. He'll never have an edge like Fleury (you can't change a player's personality), but if it takes throwing AM a few bones now and then in order to keep his ice time, then he needs to keep it up. Besides, it's kinda amusing to watch the little guy laying the body.

Last edited by Osprey: 10-27-2005 at 02:50 AM.
Old
10-27-2005, 11:20 AM
King Blazer

from the Daily News:

"Most of the time, shots and rebounds are what get it done on the power play," said Michael Cammalleri, who scored a power-play goal Tuesday. "Sometimes you can't always execute the perfect play."

For those who weren't watching the Kings broadcast, I think it was Fox that picked up on Cammalleri sliding into the high slot giving the Kings a man advantage low when he realized that the forwards were evenly matched by the Ducks defenders.

link: http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_3154287

Old
10-27-2005, 11:50 AM
Chartrand

Put Cammalleri on the Powerplay and let him stand in his little "spot" while the defensemen feed pucks to him.

Closed Thread