HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isn't Markov the best defenseman of the habs?

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2003, 02:05 PM
8b

vCash: 500
Isn't Markov the best defenseman of the habs?

Seems that Julien didn't noticed: Markov was the left handed defenseman who had the less icetime against Ottawa yesterday. Even Hainsey had more ice!

Markov: 17:42
Sourray: 23:19
Hainsey: 18:59
(stats source: ESPN)

And why Sourray had so much ice time?? Is he that good?
Did I missed something, did Markov got injured or something?

Well, if I'm not wrong Julien is digging his own grave...

Old
10-10-2003, 02:32 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Jason Spezza was given more icetime last night than Marian Hossa. Does that mean head coach Jacques Martin thinks he's the better player? Absolutely not. It just happened that way... he just felt Spezza was more effective and probably wanted to encourage him for his good work.

With that being said, Markov sure didn't have his best game, and Hainsey was having good shifts out there. No need to worry here, it doesn't these guys will get the same icetime they got last night. It all depends on who's hot and who's not.

Old
10-10-2003, 04:01 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Markov had a bad night. He totaly missed breaking up the play which he could have had, and he pinched at the wrong time and it cost us. Markov is the best defensemen we have hands down.

I will say I didn't end up yelling at the tv when Brezzy was on the ice, so he must have been ok. He did have a few good passes.

Hainsey looked much better then last year. His skating stride seems back to what I saw in Quebec and he seemed to grow in confidence. His shots were good or some of them were.

Old
10-10-2003, 04:31 PM
Howie Morenz

I know it's just one game,but Souray and Hainsey played well last night. Markov was pretty invisible,but hopefully will bounce back.

Old
10-10-2003, 04:48 PM
oli500

wasent Markov injured a bit during preseason? I fought I read it some were. That could be part of the reason.

Old
10-10-2003, 05:01 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
wasent Markov injured a bit during preseason? I fought I read it some were. That could be part of the reason.
I'm pretty sure he pulled his groin during the preseason. I don't think it was a factor in his play last night. He just had an off game. Everyone has them and quite frankly, I'd rather him have it during the start of the season against a team that we likely aren't going to beat, rather than nearing the end of the season when we could be in a playoff race.

Old
10-12-2003, 05:19 AM
8b

Strange but true: Markov got the most icetime in the second game versus Toronto (24:11), even more than any Toronto players. The result is a big victory. Markov was not really good in the first period, so Julien shouldn`t give him more icetime in the next two period but he did.

He deserve to have 20:00 and up every game, even if his play isn`t that good. Did you see Lidstrom having less than 20:00 often?

Old
10-12-2003, 05:51 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8b
He deserve to have 20:00 and up every game, even if his play isn`t that good. Did you see Lidstrom having less than 20:00 often?
Never , but that dosen't mean Markov deserve at least 20mins of ice time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8b
And why Sourray had so much ice time?? Is he that good?
Yes , he's a rock out there ... we finally have a d-men who can bang & crush opposite fowards so don't complain

Old
10-12-2003, 06:28 AM
HABitual

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Markov had a bad night. He totaly missed breaking up the play which he could have had, and he pinched at the wrong time and it cost us. Markov is the best defensemen we have hands down.

I will say I didn't end up yelling at the tv when Brezzy was on the ice, so he must have been ok. He did have a few good passes.

Hainsey looked much better then last year. His skating stride seems back to what I saw in Quebec and he seemed to grow in confidence. His shots were good or some of them were.
Having 2 assists and a +/- rating of 2 is a bad night?

Old
10-12-2003, 06:42 AM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual
Having 2 assists and a +/- rating of 2 is a bad night?
Well that was posted before the game at TO. You must admit Markov didn't play his best against Ottawa.

On a side note, Markov was the one that played the most on our blueline last night, so it kind of voids the first comment of this thread.

Closed Thread