HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Devils Matvichuk and Marshall values?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-29-2005, 04:00 AM
  #1
Marksman
Registered User
 
Marksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Devils Matvichuk and Marshall values?

How have those two been playing. What kind of return would you expect from them if they were traded in next couple days? Considering its a salary dump move. I've been entertaining the idea Gainey might want couple of his old warriors back.

Marksman is offline  
Old
10-29-2005, 06:35 AM
  #2
Sykie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Geneva
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sykie
Both Matvichuk and Marshall are playing ok.

You have great depth in D prospects, it would be great if we could acquire Fransson.

I'd ask for something along those lines...

Richard Matvichuk
vs
Johan Fransson

or

Grant Marshall
Low pick
vs
Johan Fransson

My favorite prospect acquisition would be Loui Eriksson but I guess Fransson is more available, and he fits the Devils well since we lacks depth in young D.

Sykie is online now  
Old
10-29-2005, 06:51 AM
  #3
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,450
vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman2
How have those two been playing. What kind of return would you expect from them if they were traded in next couple days? Considering its a salary dump move. I've been entertaining the idea Gainey might want couple of his old warriors back.

Almost nothing. Marshall is probably better than Matvichuk now but what would you expect for a 4th liner and a 5th defenseman?

GKJ is offline  
Old
10-29-2005, 07:26 AM
  #4
Sykie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Geneva
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sykie
Depth ?

BTW your logic is flawed.

First Marshall is not a better player than Matvichuk, second I take a good 5th D over a 4th liner anyday so even if Matvichuk is not better than Marshall, he has a better trade value in despite of their respective salaries.

Still, both are still good vets able to contribute. Especially Matvichuk.

Sykie is online now  
Old
10-29-2005, 09:52 AM
  #5
Walzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: somewhere in Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,307
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykie
Both Matvichuk and Marshall are playing ok.
Matvichuk is worth nothing...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykie
My favorite prospect acquisition would be Loui Eriksson but I guess Fransson is more available, and he fits the Devils well since we lacks depth in young D.
Eriksson and Fransson are both prospects in Dallas....not in Montreal

Walzy is offline  
Old
10-29-2005, 10:57 AM
  #6
Sykie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Geneva
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sykie
Seriously ? I thought they were prospects of a japanese team.

Hey, I obviously read his post too quickly. I saw the word "come-back" or something along those lines and I assumed he was a Stars fan.

When I talked about great depth in D, I thought it was obvious I was talking about the Stars, I wouldn't have said that about Montreal.

Whatever... if he's a CH fan, I'd gladly take Ron Hainsey... if the Devils would be allowed to align him in Albany, which I'm not sure of. I still see him as an interesting project.

Sykie is online now  
Old
10-29-2005, 11:37 AM
  #7
Ajacied
Remember #9
 
Ajacied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 23,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykie
Seriously ? I thought they were prospects of a japanese team.

Hey, I obviously read his post too quickly. I saw the word "come-back" or something along those lines and I assumed he was a Stars fan.

When I talked about great depth in D, I thought it was obvious I was talking about the Stars, I wouldn't have said that about Montreal.

Whatever... if he's a CH fan, I'd gladly take Ron Hainsey... if the Devils would be allowed to align him in Albany, which I'm not sure of. I still see him as an interesting project.
You refered to Dallas since you heard "Bob Gainey" but he's been the GM of Montreal for 2/3 years now.

Ajacied is offline  
Old
10-29-2005, 12:17 PM
  #8
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turco
Matvichuk is worth nothing...




Eriksson and Fransson are both prospects in Dallas....not in Montreal
I won't defend the rest of his post, but Matvichuk has enough left to help a lot of teams. I'd love to have him around come playoff time.......

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
10-29-2005, 12:28 PM
  #9
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
I'll give you Matvichuk, Marshall, I'll take a 7th.

Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
10-29-2005, 12:29 PM
  #10
Sykie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Geneva
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sykie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
You refered to Dallas since you heard "Bob Gainey" but he's been the GM of Montreal for 2/3 years now.
You're in my head now ?

I saw talks about come back, I thought about Dallas, that's all. Don't read too much into things, I just read his post quickly.

Now to come back to the topic, if the Stars fan would want Matvichuk, I'd try to acquire Johan Fransson. If the CH would want him, I'd want Ron Hainsey. Matvichuk doesn't have great value (and Marshall is worse), but he could still fetch an ok prospect if someone would need him. The Stars have great depth in D, they could sacrifice one of their prospects if they think they need Matvy.

That's the only thing I said, and that's the only important thing really.


Last edited by Sykie: 10-29-2005 at 01:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Sykie is online now  
Old
10-29-2005, 10:46 PM
  #11
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,457
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Matvichuk is going nowhere. His leadership and grit will be needed come playoff time. I can see the refs easing off already and Matvichuk has been solid the last couple of games. Get rid of Malakhov and McGillis.

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
11-01-2005, 10:39 AM
  #12
Marksman
Registered User
 
Marksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac
Matvichuk is going nowhere. His leadership and grit will be needed come playoff time. I can see the refs easing off already and Matvichuk has been solid the last couple of games. Get rid of Malakhov and McGillis.
Malakhov is impossible to trade because of that crazy contract and McGillis makes 2.2 which means he would absolutely have to fit in top 4 in a team that trades for him.

Matvichuk + Marshall <-> Mark Streit/Francis Bouillon (cheap depth) + 4th?

For Devils it saves over 1.5M in salaries and frees up forward spot for Elias.

In Matvichuk Habs get veteran partner for Komisarek and Marshall, who ensures Dagenais is done with the playing team.

Marksman is offline  
Old
11-01-2005, 12:15 PM
  #13
Brodeur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 11,902
vCash: 500
Marshall's pretty cheap as is (760K), so there's not a whole lot of salary to be saved there. I'd personally be surprised to see him moved unless we're out of the playoff hunt.

I'm holding off hope that somebody might take McGillis, albeit it'd be one of those Roenick-esque "Player + pick for a mystery box" sorta deal.

Brodeur is offline  
Old
11-01-2005, 02:16 PM
  #14
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,457
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman2
Malakhov is impossible to trade because of that crazy contract and McGillis makes 2.2 which means he would absolutely have to fit in top 4 in a team that trades for him.

Matvichuk + Marshall <-> Mark Streit/Francis Bouillon (cheap depth) + 4th?

For Devils it saves over 1.5M in salaries and frees up forward spot for Elias.

In Matvichuk Habs get veteran partner for Komisarek and Marshall, who ensures Dagenais is done with the playing team.
its a great deal to free up salary but I don't want to move Matvichuk. He is a playoff warrior......knock on wood.....when we make it

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
11-01-2005, 02:51 PM
  #15
greatwhite101*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,268
vCash: 500
Injuries are part of the game we all know that.
Primeau, Sundin, Transtrom, DePietro, Fedorov, Nash, Zhamnov, Tkachuk, Rucinsky, Kapanen, Stevenson the list will go on.

Defenseman always become pricy in the end of the season. Give it another 30-50 games I bet even the Flyers will be able to unload Therian & Savage for picks.

greatwhite101* is offline  
Old
11-04-2005, 02:57 PM
  #16
morrow1005
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Coming to re-claim t
Posts: 517
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to morrow1005 Send a message via Yahoo to morrow1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac
its a great deal to free up salary but I don't want to move Matvichuk. He is a playoff warrior......knock on wood.....when we make it
We thought that in Dallas for the past 2 years in the playoffs and he was like the second coming of wade belak.

morrow1005 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.