HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marty Biron and EdmOnton

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Kruschiki

vCash: 500
Marty Biron and EdmOnton

There's a blurb in the bflo news today (see fan#9's post in sabres forum) that EdmOnton has 3 execs on the Island to take a look at Marty tonight.

My question is, who might come the other way? Sabres have a log-jam at forward, so you may see one sent out with marty. We also have 3 goalies, so none coming back unless they are prospects or in the AHL.

Who is the most likely target of a trade on the EdmOnton roster?

Last edited by Kruschiki: 10-29-2005 at 10:25 AM. Reason: surpisingly anal flyers fan.
Old
10-29-2005, 10:20 AM
da_real_philly_billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj@jj.com
There's a blurb in the bflo news today (see fan#9's post in sabres forum) that Edminton has 3 execs on the Island to take a look at Marty tonight.

My question is, who might come the other way? Sabres have a log-jam at forward, so you may see one sent out with marty. We also have 3 goalies, so none coming back unless they are prospects or in the AHL.

Who is the most likely target of a trade on the Edminton roster?
you can't be serious?

Old
10-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_real_philly_billy
you can't be serious?
so i can't spell, yet I manage to struggle through life.

in any event, i don't suppose you have anything to add besides spell check?

Old
10-29-2005, 10:34 AM
SerbianEagle

How about Semenov and a pick?

EDIT: I really have no idea what Biron's value is, so thats just throwing names.

Old
10-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Benji Frank

Looks like Buffalo's not using Peters ... maybe Laraque?

Since buffalo's unloading a couple of mill in salary that they aren't using, they can't really expect lots other then a contract that the other team isn't happy with that might be more beneficial to Buffalo.....

Old
10-29-2005, 11:37 AM
montysens

Send a message via Skype™ to montysens
Laraque? Please. Biron is worth more than that!

Old
10-29-2005, 11:44 AM
Watts02

Quote:
Originally Posted by montysens
Laraque? Please. Biron is worth more than that!

Are you sure about that he hasnt played all year. On the other hand niether has Laraque.

Old
10-29-2005, 11:50 AM
Slats432

Well it looks like Marty is almost a cast off now....and they would be happy to get the bucks off the books. It is possible that it could be a pick only.

Old
10-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Darth Milbury

A pick is more realistic. I think EDM is basically going to have to pay somebody to take Laraque off their roster.

Old
10-29-2005, 12:28 PM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

as much as I wanna see Laraque gone...no one wants a slow-footed "enforcer" making 1.1 mil playing 4 mins/game

how about Semenov and Reasoner for Biron?
(quite the overpayment)

Old
10-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Corto
Faceless Man

Semenov and a pick (maybe a 3rd? )for Biron and a forward (no idea which one...Pyatt, Kotalik, Connolly...?)

I don't know really. The cap complicates things... Don't know Semenov's salary...

Old
10-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto
Semenov and a pick (maybe a 3rd? )for Biron and a forward (no idea which one...Pyatt, Kotalik, Connolly...?)

I don't know really. The cap complicates things... Don't know Semenov's salary...
$760k

Old
10-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Takeo

I agree that Biron's value is probably a 3rd or 4th round pick, but I don't think Regier will settle for that. Reportedly, he already turned down a 2nd rounder for Noronen from Atlanta. Granted, Atlanta is in the Eastern Conference, but Regier tends to be very conservative and/or stubborn with these issues. I expect a forward to be packaged with Biron to sweeten the pot. Probably Kotalik or Afinogenov.

Old
10-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-townchamps
as much as I wanna see Laraque gone...no one wants a slow-footed "enforcer" making 1.1 mil playing 4 mins/game

how about Semenov and Reasoner for Biron?
(quite the overpayment)
Then why offer it?
I can't see Biron getting much more than a 3rd rounder

Old
10-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner

This definitely has potential, but I'm a fan of "Go Big or Go Home" trade proposals, so here goes nothing....

To Edmonton: Marty Biron, Tim Connolly/Taylor Pyatt/Maxim Afinogenov (Edmonton's choice) and Jeff Jillson

To Buffalo: Alexei Semenov/Matt Greene/Danny Syvret (Buffalo's choice), Marty Reasoner and a 3rd rounder

Hows that look?

Old
10-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Benji Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
A pick is more realistic. I think EDM is basically going to have to pay somebody to take Laraque off their roster.
And IMO the way buffalo has marketed Biron this year, they'll have to do the same to get rid of Biron. Noone's going to take on his $2 mill without insisting on Buffalo taking a contract back.

Atlanta's goaltending has been in total disarray due to injuries. They still stood pat until they found a guy willing to work on a two way deal.... it's a business. Unless a team sees Biron as their missing peice, they ain't going to give up a draft pick to take on his salary.... Buffalo will IMO have to take on a contract in return....

Old
10-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Rowley Birkin

i'd be happy with a pick. Regier won't.

as long as the forward is Connolly, i'd be over the moon with Semenov + a pick for Biron + a forward. not sure the Oilers have the cap space tho.

and as Darth said, the Oilers will have to pay someone to take Laraque off their hands. the only trade value he has is negative.

Old
10-29-2005, 02:29 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin
i'd be happy with a pick. Regier won't.

as long as the forward is Connolly, i'd be over the moon with Semenov + a pick for Biron + a forward. not sure the Oilers have the cap space tho.
We've got loads of cap space. It's not clear how much budget we have, though. A Biron + Connolly for Semenov + pick trade would boost our payroll by around $2.5 million. The trade probably makes more sense without Connolly, from an Oilers perspective.

Old
10-29-2005, 02:35 PM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by salostyle
This definitely has potential, but I'm a fan of "Go Big or Go Home" trade proposals, so here goes nothing....

To Edmonton: Marty Biron, Tim Connolly/Taylor Pyatt/Maxim Afinogenov (Edmonton's choice) and Jeff Jillson

To Buffalo: Alexei Semenov/Matt Greene/Danny Syvret (Buffalo's choice), Marty Reasoner and a 3rd rounder

Hows that look?
Make it a little more positive like

To Edmonton: Martin Biron,Tim Connolly and Jeff Jilson

To Buffalo: Alexei Semenov, Marty Reasoner and a 3rd rounder

Then we accept the trade

Old
10-29-2005, 03:19 PM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
We've got loads of cap space. It's not clear how much budget we have, though. A Biron + Connolly for Semenov + pick trade would boost our payroll by around $2.5 million. The trade probably makes more sense without Connolly, from an Oilers perspective.
Biron's salary is $2.1m, and Connolly's is $1m. so that figure sounds about right.

Semenov + a pick for Biron would be a great trade for us still. i'd rather sweeten the deal by throwing one of our excess forwards in. and i see TC as the odd man out. he might do something in Edmonton {although i doubt it}, and i know your after getting a center.

and the one with Reasoner and Jillson is interesting. i like Reasoner but i'd rather hang on to Jillson. i want to see him be given a chance in Buffalo before being traded off so soon.

Old
10-29-2005, 03:28 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin
Biron's salary is $2.1m, and Connolly's is $1m. so that figure sounds about right.

Semenov + a pick for Biron would be a great trade for us still. i'd rather sweeten the deal by throwing one of our excess forwards in. and i see TC as the odd man out. he might do something in Edmonton {although i doubt it}, and i know your after getting a center.
We've got centers galore. What we don't have is a proven scoring-line center, and I don't think Connolly is really the answer. How much has he been playing, and how has he looked?

Old
10-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
I would rather avoid Biron with his salary

Old
10-29-2005, 04:15 PM
nesbit_21

If anything goes down for Biron, I would be very surprised if any of the Sabres spare parts ( Campell, Connolly, Jillson) will be involved. The Oil have no need, and should have no interest, in those players. Specially not for Reasoner, who has been very effective this year.

Semenov + a 3rd for Biron. That I can see. I even have my doubts on a guy lik Rita going the other way if a decent forward isnt coming back, as Rita has been solid latley.

Old
10-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
I would rather avoid Biron with his salary
I'd rather the Oil get a legit. goalie! Biron is a good goalie, alot better than what the oil have. It is not like he is making $5 mil a year, the oil should do all they can to aquire him.

Old
10-29-2005, 04:29 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

How bout

To Edmonton:

Brian Campbell, Henrik Tallinder, Teppo Numminen, Tony Lydman, Dmitri Kalinin, Rory Fitzpatrick, Jay McKee, Maxim Afinogenov, Tomas Vanek, Taylor Pyatt, Adam Mair, Andrew Peters, Ales Kotalik, Jochen Hecht, Mike Grier, Paul Gaustad, JP Dumont, Chris Drury, Daniel Briere, Mikka Noronen, and Martin Biron

To Buffalo:

Alex Semenov, Chris Pronger, Jason Smith, Steve Staios, Marc Andre Bergeron, Igor Ulanov, Cory Cross, Shawn Horcoff, Todd Harvey, Raffi Torres, Jarret Stoll, Ethan Moreau, Marty Reasoner, Radek Dvorak, Georges Laraque, Jani Rita, Fernando Pisani, Ales Hemsky, Ryan Smith, J.J Hunter, Mike Peca, Jussi Markkanen, and Ty Conklin

Now THAT'S a shake up.

Closed Thread