HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marty Biron and EdmOnton

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney
I'd rather the Oil get a legit. goalie! Biron is a good goalie, alot better than what the oil have. It is not like he is making $5 mil a year, the oil should do all they can to aquire him.
with Jussi Markkanen playing well this season, I don't see why Lowe needs to go and get another goalie and with Conklin making 1.14 million I would rather play him than have him waste away in the AHL, Lowe could use that money way better and find the oilers some defensive and scoring help

Old
10-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Bryanbryoil

What would it take to pry Dumont away from Buffalo??? As for Biron, how about Deslauriers straight up???

Old
10-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil
What would it take to pry Dumont away from Buffalo??? As for Biron, how about Deslauriers straight up???
Dumont and Biron for Jani Rita, and Radek Dvorak

Old
10-29-2005, 04:45 PM
matthew94

Send a message via AIM to matthew94
According to Oiler fans...everyone on their team is playing well. I'm surprised they aren't undefeated.

Old
10-29-2005, 04:54 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's not on it.

Just to put the Oilers' "horrible" goaltending in perspective:

Andrew Raycroft GAA: 3.37 s%: .894
Olaf Kolzig GAA: 3.76 s%: .893
Jussi Markkanen GAA: 3.15 s%: .890
Ed Belfour GAA: 3.37 s%: .889
David Aebischer GAA: 3.32 s%: .887
Jose Theodore GAA: 2.98 s%: .883
Martin Brodeur GAA: 3.61 s%: .883
Dan Cloutier GAA: 3.49 s%: .874
Marty Turco GAA: 3.64 s%: .872
Robert Esche GAA: 3.17 s%: .878
Nikolai Khabibulin GAA: 3.90 s%: .840

If Markkanen is crap based on this season, some of the best goalies of recent years are also crap.

The Oilers troubles keeping the puck out of the net have had more to do with huge defensive blunders than with Markkanen. The Oilers need a top-4 defenseman more than they need Martin Biron. If they can acquire Biron on the cheap, then great. If it's going to cost a major asset, we should forget it and concentrate on upgrading our weak 4-6 defensemen.

Old
10-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Kruschiki

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
If Markkanen is crap based on this season, some of the best goalies of recent years are also crap.
They seem to be...

Old
10-29-2005, 04:59 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's not on it.

Then maybe you should be targetting the Blackhawks instead. They obviously need a saviour like Biron much worse than we do.

Old
10-29-2005, 05:02 PM
Cawz

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew94
According to Oiler fans...everyone on their team is playing well. I'm surprised they aren't undefeated.
Um, what Oilers fans said that?

Old
10-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Then maybe you should be targetting the Blackhawks instead. They obviously need a saviour like Biron much worse than we do.
I know this is a joke of sorts, but let's not get carried away. On that previous list you posted the one difference between Markannen and the others is that they have all had decent seasons in the past and have shown the ability to be the clear #1 goalie on their team. Markannen has yet to do the same, he has basically been a very capable backup his whole career. I think this would be fine if they had a veteran backup who could come in if he faultered, but they don't. While Biron may not be a "saviour" he is a much more proven (and better, IMO) goalie than what the oil have.

Old
10-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
Works for me, draft up the paperwork!!!

Old
10-29-2005, 05:39 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew94
Top three answers are on the board...here's the question.

How many Oilers fans have said everyone on their team is playing well after a SEVEN game losing streak?

Survey says......................BZZZTT.....ZERO!

Old
10-29-2005, 06:08 PM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Because the Blackhawks don't have 3 scouts at the game, the Oilers do.

Old
10-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
anyone else think that the Oilers are scouting someone else

Old
10-29-2005, 08:14 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
it'll take something Buffalo really NEEDS to pry Dumont away. start with Greene, or Regier wont even be listening.

Old
10-29-2005, 09:08 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame
it'll take something Buffalo really NEEDS to pry Dumont away. start with Greene, or Regier wont even be listening.
Why would they trade Dumont? Pointless.

Biron + Pominville (poor kid needs a chance) for Semenov + 3rd or just Greene.

Don't see why this wouldn't work. I think Conklin or Markannen could be traded to a third team if Biron worked out up in Edmonton.

Old
10-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
anyone else think that the Oilers are scouting someone else
Nope, but I also don't think Biron is available. He's potentially available so it's a good idea to take a look at him. The Sabres need to be 100% sold on Ryan Miller as their no 1 goalie before they'll deal Biron. A lot of fans are sold on Miller, but Sabres management has made that commitment yet. They've said nice things about Miller, but they're still saying they haven't decided.

Old
10-29-2005, 10:09 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
Nope, but I also don't think Biron is available. He's potentially available so it's a good idea to take a look at him. The Sabres need to be 100% sold on Ryan Miller as their no 1 goalie before they'll deal Biron. A lot of fans are sold on Miller, but Sabres management has made that commitment yet. They've said nice things about Miller, but they're still saying they haven't decided.

If I were the Sabres, I wouldn't mess with anything right now. The team has impressed me.

Old
10-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Moon Man*

Quote:
Oh God, it's never going to end. Never!

Someone make these people choose!

As far as most Sabre fans go, I consider myself a patient guy, and often the voice of reason on some other forums... and I'd hate to come across as another person blindly calling for Regier's head.

But how long does this have to go on? Surely with ten starts this month, Miller got to be given that slap on the back, a thumbs up and a deal has got to be made!

Dvorak for Biron! Pisani for Biron! Greene for Biron! A 2nd for Biron! A partially eaten donair for Biron! or Noronen? go on, take Noronen! or both!

ok, I'm done... but between Regier's broken promise of "Goaltending situation will be solved before this season.", 3 years of reading/hearing repetitive goalie banter, and...
Quote:
...but they're still saying they haven't decided.
I mean, even if that is still smoke and mirrors being thrown at the media...

...I've just about had it.

Old
10-29-2005, 10:24 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

leave it to an otawa fan to talk about biron not being anything special. Maybe you forgot how well he played aganist your team before the lockout. hows the dominator doing for you guys these days?

Old
10-29-2005, 10:26 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie Jesus
Oh God, it's never going to end. Never!

Someone make these people choose!
Noronen to Edmonton for a conditional 4th round pick, upgradable to a 3rd if he plays more than 20 games, and to a 2nd if he plays more than 30 games. There it's done! Now we just need Regier and Lowe to send the faxes.

Old
10-29-2005, 11:12 PM
sabresfan65
Vegas Wants Hockey!!

Quote:
How bout

To Edmonton:

Brian Campbell, Henrik Tallinder, Teppo Numminen, Tony Lydman, Dmitri Kalinin, Rory Fitzpatrick, Jay McKee, Maxim Afinogenov, Tomas Vanek, Taylor Pyatt, Adam Mair, Andrew Peters, Ales Kotalik, Jochen Hecht, Mike Grier, Paul Gaustad, JP Dumont, Chris Drury, Daniel Briere, Mikka Noronen, and Martin Biron

To Buffalo:

Alex Semenov, Chris Pronger, Jason Smith, Steve Staios, Marc Andre Bergeron, Igor Ulanov, Cory Cross, Shawn Horcoff, Todd Harvey, Raffi Torres, Jarret Stoll, Ethan Moreau, Marty Reasoner, Radek Dvorak, Georges Laraque, Jani Rita, Fernando Pisani, Ales Hemsky, Ryan Smith, J.J Hunter, Mike Peca, Jussi Markkanen, and Ty Conklin

Now THAT'S a shake up.
But Peca won't play for Buffalo again, sorry.

Old
10-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Moon Man*

Quote:
Noronen to Edmonton for a conditional 4th round pick, upgradable to a 3rd if he plays more than 20 games, and to a 2nd if he plays more than 30 games. There it's done! Now we just need Regier and Lowe to send the faxes.
Exactly. I was hoping at worst Noronen would be put on waivers before the season, he probably would've been thrilled at that.

The couple of miscues by Miller have left me leaning towards keeping Biron around, substancial salary or no.

Anyway, I try to avoid going down the goalie path as often as possible.

The conditional pick for Noronen idea is great if any Biron ideas fall apart between the two clubs... Buffalo would just have to hope he doesn't pull a Kiprusoff.

Old
10-30-2005, 06:50 AM
Kruschiki

Quote:
The Sabres need to be 100% sold on Ryan Miller as their no 1 goalie before they'll deal Biron. A lot of fans are sold on Miller, but Sabres management has made that commitment yet.
I don't think it's that buff'd, I think it's their lack of confidence in Noronen as a backup that is keeping Biron off the market. Golisano is a business man, so the sabres have a budget and a goal: $29 Million and they have to make the playoffs. The money on Biron is aleady accounted for, and they're scoring goals and winning games, so it doesn't make sense to change anything.

But if Miller gets injured and Biron is gone, then you have Noronen as the starter. All of a sudden the playoff's are a tall order.

This is why the sabres need to deal both and get a capable backup.

Old
10-30-2005, 06:50 AM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
We've got centers galore. What we don't have is a proven scoring-line center, and I don't think Connolly is really the answer. How much has he been playing, and how has he looked?
he will never amount to a first line center, imo. although he has improved {some fans are liking his play this year a lot} i see him as a definate odd man out. from what iv'e seen and heard he has looked better but still his usual self. he's been mostly playing with Kotalik and Afinogenov, and that line has looked good at times, chipping in with some timely offence. my issue is that i think it would look even better with Roy centering it.....

Quote:
What would it take to pry Dumont away from Buffalo???
as Jame said, he's not for sale. personally, if you wanted him on the Oilers, i'd like Torres in return, for a package involving Dumont and Biron....... not gonna happen tho.

and as for Noronen... i absolutely 100% think Biron is the guy to move. Noronen can work as a backup and {imo} has the ability to be a starter if Miller really does faulter. Biron as the 'backup' to Miller will just get messy, and we will have the same situation over again.

Closed Thread