HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marty Biron and EdmOnton

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2005, 11:18 PM
Chayos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame
make it Semenov and 2nd for Biron and the deal is done done done.
Wow talk about out to lunch Dude!

all the other Buff fans achknowledge that semenov for Biron would be good and you figure you would get a 2nd too? ouch that just won't happen.

Old
10-30-2005, 11:29 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
Wow talk about out to lunch Dude!

all the other Buff fans achknowledge that semenov for Biron would be good and you figure you would get a 2nd too? ouch that just won't happen.
a bacon double cheeseburger, fries, and an opinion...most Buffalo fans are acknowledging anything as fair for one of their goalies because they are sick to death of the 3 headed goalie monster.

Semenov for Biron would be good. but i think Darcy will hold out. until he gets a little more than what his asset is worth. as he always does.

Old
10-30-2005, 11:33 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaoil
If salary was of no consideration at all - then you are right - but we have a cap now and Biron's $2 million a year is a huge issue. Given what Marty is being paid - you will have very few takers until late in the season. So the best thing you can probably do is sit on him until the trade deadline unless you would take Conklin and a 2nd round pick. Jillson was on waivers so we could have had him for nothing if we wanted him - we didn't.

However - if you would take Semenov OR a 2nd rounder for Noronen - that would be fine with me.
Im not familiar exactly with where Edmonton is in regards to the cap. but Biron's 1 yr 2 million tag is very affordable considering his resume and Proven starters ability.

Regier will not make a trade because everyone feels he has to. he will maximize the return on his big asset. Biron is far and away the best goaltender that is realistically available with a reasonable salary.

Regier turned down a 2nd from ATL for Noronen. so i don't see that move being made. however it may have just been an eastern conference competing for playoff spot thing

Old
10-31-2005, 12:52 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
I thought I read somewhere that Rigier doesn't want to trade Biron within the Eastern Conference. It was mentioned somewhere that Edmonton could be the front runner for Biron.

10-31-2005, 01:59 AM
Lowball
Re-rebuilding...

Quote:
Biron is far and away the best goaltender that is realistically available with a reasonable salary.
I agree, and hope a deal gets done soon.

Biron for a 2nd makes the most sense (assuming we can move Conklin).

If Buffalo really wants Semenov, I would like to see a package deal for a forward.

Semenov + Forward + Draft Pick
for
Biron + Forward

Possible Forwards:
Dvorak - Afinogenov
Pisani - Kotalik
Rita - Pyatt

Both teams win IMO.

Old
10-31-2005, 02:07 AM
The Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin
i just don't see where he fits in. Briere, Drury, Roy, Gaustad, that should be our 4 centers right now. Roy and Gaustad will get better as well. TC is one of Regier's favourites, and thats why he's still on the team, and given the PP/PK duty, i think

he's definately improved, but i still see him as the preverbial odd man out. to me, he is the kind of player that can only be really effective if he is a first line player. and he's not good enough for that.

i would take less than his value in a trade. addition by subtraction. and if using him as a sweetener in a deal means the difference between moving Biron, or not moving Biron, then i wouldn't think twice about it. of course, Regier would.
I disagree with the latter half of your post. I don't think he is the odd man out what so ever. Tim Connolly is flourishing right now and trading him would be the worst thing the Sabres could ever do. I've had a beef with Connolly since the Peca trade but this kid is showing real determination on the ice. Even saying that I find myself laughing inside.

Has ANYONE ever heard the words determination and Tim Connolly in the same sentence and taken it seriously?

But seriously this kid is everything I want him to be. He's back checking, he's sound defensively and most of all he's still got the touch with the puck. I am amazed that I feel this way, but please, no deal involving timmy.

Old
10-31-2005, 09:07 AM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
the only someone we have to move is a goalie.
do you not read my posts? i'll try and make it simple for ya. we have at least 14 nhl caliber forwards {15 if ya include Peters.....} and not enough room to play them. so no, a goalie isn't the only person we have to move.

Quote:
Id hate to be the GM who said the same thing your saying about guys like Briere, St Louis, etc. time is not running out on Connolly... in fact the time just started running and he's only going up.
he is not going to be any kind of elite NHL center, thats what i said. do you disagree with that? his potential is not 'sky high' in any kind of way. as i said, he has improved and i give him all the credit for that, but he still might be the odd man out.

Quote:
i doubt it. im listening for that argument? He'd have a tough time cracking the top 5-10. let alone one of the best.
try saying that again without being biased.

and if using TC as a sweetener in a deal to move Biron is so crazy, then i don't know what swapping Kotalik and Rita to get the deal done is. total insanity maybe?

Quote:

I disagree with the latter half of your post. I don't think he is the odd man out what so ever. Tim Connolly is flourishing right now and trading him would be the worst thing the Sabres could ever do. I've had a beef with Connolly since the Peca trade but this kid is showing real determination on the ice. Even saying that I find myself laughing inside.

Has ANYONE ever heard the words determination and Tim Connolly in the same sentence and taken it seriously?

But seriously this kid is everything I want him to be. He's back checking, he's sound defensively and most of all he's still got the touch with the puck. I am amazed that I feel this way, but please, no deal involving timmy.
i have given him his props, but its still early days. as i said, right now to me he appears like the odd man out. if he can lift his game all season long, then that will change.

Old
10-31-2005, 11:05 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
do you not read my posts? i'll try and make it simple for ya. we have at least 14 nhl caliber forwards {15 if ya include Peters.....} and not enough room to play them. so no, a goalie isn't the only person we have to move.
Trust me, i read all of them. im a man who enjoys comedy. bye moving a goalie Roy can be brought up. the roster is fine. Pominville is not making the big club. so making it simple for ya. move a goalie. call up Roy. full roster 2 extra forwards.1 extra defensemen. you got that? 14 forwards, 7 defensemen, 2 goalies.

IMO one of Mair or Peters would be scratched every game along with the extra slumping forward (i.e Pyatt, Kotalik, Roy, Connolly, Vanek, etc).

Quote:
he is not going to be any kind of elite NHL center, thats what i said. do you disagree with that? his potential is not 'sky high' in any kind of way. as i said, he has improved and i give him all the credit for that, but he still might be the odd man out.
like i said There are those who said the same thing about the likes of Briere, St Louis, etc...those GMs dont look so brilliant right now. i think you're the only sabres fan on HF who thinks Connolly is the odd man out.

His potential is sky high in the #5 overall pick, 24 years old, first NHL season in almost two years. kind of way. deal with it. you ahvent seen Connolly play hockey in two years. dont you think the chances are good that he's a lot better than the last time you saw him.

Quote:
i have given him his props, but its still early days. as i said, right now to me he appears like the odd man out. if he can lift his game all season long, then that will change.
how will you know he's lifted his game?

Old
10-31-2005, 03:30 PM
The Real

Quote:
Trust me, i read all of them. im a man who enjoys comedy. bye moving a goalie Roy can be brought up. the roster is fine. Pominville is not making the big club. so making it simple for ya. move a goalie. call up Roy. full roster 2 extra forwards.1 extra defensemen. you got that? 14 forwards, 7 defensemen, 2 goalies.

IMO one of Mair or Peters would be scratched every game along with the extra slumping forward (i.e Pyatt, Kotalik, Roy, Connolly, Vanek, etc).

like i said There are those who said the same thing about the likes of Briere, St Louis, etc...those GMs dont look so brilliant right now. i think you're the only sabres fan on HF who thinks Connolly is the odd man out.

His potential is sky high in the #5 overall pick, 24 years old, first NHL season in almost two years. kind of way. deal with it. you ahvent seen Connolly play hockey in two years. dont you think the chances are good that he's a lot better than the last time you saw him.

how will you know he's lifted his game?

I'm with Jame on this one. I of all people am the most suprised that I am rooting for Tim Connolly. No one, not even management has made him the odd man out. He's playing solid minutes and playing well.

That's all that matters to me.

T_R

Old
11-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real
I'm with Jame on this one. I of all people am the most suprised that I am rooting for Tim Connolly. No one, not even management has made him the odd man out. He's playing solid minutes and playing well.
as i said, he has improved and that can only be good for the team. i don't think he is as polished as some people are making out, he still shows a lot of signs of his old self. but anyway..

we have too many players and the way i see it, somebody is going to have to make way, be it now, halfway through the season, at the deadline, or the end of the season. i don't care how you dress it up, but 14, 15, maybe more doesnt go into 12, even allowing for cuts and injuries.

i think if you asked most fans on the forum, they would say the ideal move Regier could realistically make would be to move Biron + a forward, and get as much as possible in return, be it prospects {preferably defencemen}, or picks.

Old
11-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Zetterberg4Captain*

To Edmonton: Biron, Jillson and a 2nd

To Buffalo: Reasoner, Semenov and a 3rd or 4th

Old
11-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG
To Edmonton: Biron, Jillson and a 2nd

To Buffalo: Reasoner, Semenov and a 3rd or 4th
i like Reasoner, but as said, we have too much depth up front already. the only kind of deal involving a forward i could see would be seeing us giving up a forward or two in a deal for a better player, which is unlikely.

i also think Jillson is a guy we should hang on to. for the few games he played for us, i thought he did ok. i don't think we should give up on him so soon. he has all the tools to be a solid top 4 player. i'm kinda annoyed that Fitz and Campbell made the team ahead of him because i don't think they deserved to.

personally, i think Biron for Semenov straight up works for both teams. keep it simple. if we get a pick out of it, all the better. lets just get the deal done.

Old
11-01-2005, 05:31 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
as i said, he has improved and that can only be good for the team. i don't think he is as polished as some people are making out, he still shows a lot of signs of his old self. but anyway..

we have too many players and the way i see it, somebody is going to have to make way, be it now, halfway through the season, at the deadline, or the end of the season. i don't care how you dress it up, but 14, 15, maybe more doesnt go into 12, even allowing for cuts and injuries.

i think if you asked most fans on the forum, they would say the ideal move Regier could realistically make would be to move Biron + a forward, and get as much as possible in return, be it prospects {preferably defencemen}, or picks.
i tried to do the quick math for you before... now i'll spell it out for you.

Trade 1 goalie, call up Roy. Roster set

Hecht-Briere-Dumont
Kotalik-Connolly-Afinogenov
Pyatt-Drury-Grier
Vanek-Gaustad-Roy
x-Peters-Mair
= 14 players

Kalinin-Numminen
Mckee-Lydman
Tallinder-Fitrzpatrick
x-Campbell
=7 player

Miller
Goalie
=2 players

14+7+2 = 23 = full roster

Darcy is not going to trade away a young veterean so Pominville can play in the bigs. I don't know what kind of GM starts 5 rookies on a playoff contending team. I don't know where you get the idea from other posters that the most "realistic" move is to move Biron AND A forward??? Most NHL teams carry 14 forwards all year.

Old
11-02-2005, 06:58 AM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
i tried to do the quick math for you before... now i'll spell it out for you.

Trade 1 goalie, call up Roy. Roster set

Hecht-Briere-Dumont
Kotalik-Connolly-Afinogenov
Pyatt-Drury-Grier
Vanek-Gaustad-Roy
x-Peters-Mair
= 14 players

Kalinin-Numminen
Mckee-Lydman
Tallinder-Fitrzpatrick
x-Campbell
=7 player

Miller
Goalie
=2 players

14+7+2 = 23 = full roster

Darcy is not going to trade away a young veterean so Pominville can play in the bigs. I don't know what kind of GM starts 5 rookies on a playoff contending team. I don't know where you get the idea from other posters that the most "realistic" move is to move Biron AND A forward??? Most NHL teams carry 14 forwards all year.
i don't like Roy on the 4th line

i definately don't like Vanek on the 4th... might as well play him in Rochester

i don't like the team without Mair on it. he adds needed grit and toughness.

i don't like my highest paid player being my 3rd line C

i think Pominville proved in camp that he was good enough for the nhl, at least for a period of time if not the whole season

and what about any possible returns in the goalie trade?

and i got 'the idea' of the best move being moving Biron + forward because as well as myself i'd seen quite a few other people call for it to happen. of course, the ideal move would be to let go of two forwards and a goalie, and get the best player in return but those trades don't really happen.

Old
11-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Cerebral

How does a 7th rounder sound?

Old
11-02-2005, 07:44 PM
oil slick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
How does a 7th rounder sound?
I guess Biron really likes it in Buffalo

Old
11-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil slick
I guess Biron really likes it in Buffalo
If not, he'd better learn to like it.

Old
11-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
If not, he'd better learn to like it.

wait

Old
11-02-2005, 08:38 PM
ABwind

After watching tonight's game I am not sure Biron is an upgrade over Conklin.

Old
11-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
who needs Biron when you the Juice

Old
11-03-2005, 11:16 PM
Fayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
who needs Biron when you the Juice
True dat..And since we've now lost Ulanov, Cross, AND Bergeron, I don't think Semenov is going anywhere for a while.

Closed Thread