HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Spotlight on" Niklas Sundstrom. (Oct.9)

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2003, 02:27 PM
Medicine Twin

vCash: 500
"Spotlight on" Niklas Sundstrom. (Oct.9)

I'm gonna give this a try, hopefully I can keep it going all season...

After the game on Thursday night against Ottawa, I encourage everyone to give a scouting report on Niklas Sundstrom based on his performance that game.

Saturday vs. Toronto a different player will be in the spotlight. Right now, I'm thinking Richard Zednik.

Mods, please "Sticky" this thread.

Go...

Old
10-07-2003, 06:59 AM
Darz

I'll try to keep an 'extra' eye on him, Medicine Twin.

Old
10-08-2003, 01:20 PM
Medicine Twin

"STICKY" please...

Old
10-09-2003, 02:04 AM
Medicine Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
"STICKY" please...

I'd really like to STICKY this thread before the game starts so people know we're doing this.

Old
10-09-2003, 08:38 AM
Medicine Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
I'd really like to STICKY this thread before the game starts so people know we're doing this.
Please?!!!!

Old
10-09-2003, 04:59 PM
Howie Morenz

Well just finished watching the game and Sundstrum play. My honest opinion is get him away from Juneau and Dackell who are both just god-awful,terrible and brutal. They are slowly dragging Sunny down with them. Juneau does absolutely zilch on the ice and Dackell is just plain scared. Put Sunny with Ward and Ryder and he will look much better. He is being wasted playing with Joe(skates around like he's looking for his car keys)Juneau and Andreas(please don't hit me or come near me)Dackell.

Old
10-09-2003, 05:07 PM
AzNDrAgOn

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie Morenz
Well just finished watching the game and Sundstrum play. My honest opinion is get him away from Juneau and Dackell who are both just god-awful,terrible and brutal. They are slowly dragging Sunny down with them. Juneau does absolutely zilch on the ice and Dackell is just plain scared. Put Sunny with Ward and Ryder and he will look much better. He is being wasted playing with Joe(skates around like he's looking for his car keys)Juneau and Andreas(please don't hit me or come near me)Dackell.
I agree that their line was terrible tonight. Did they even had more than a shot on goal ? Juneau didn't do much exept the pass he did to Hainsey for his first NHL goal. As for Dackell, I didn't even notice him on the ice.
Never heard his name touching the puck. As for Sundstrum, he played like his two line-mates.

Old
10-10-2003, 03:21 AM
mcphee

There's a line from a Dylan song, something like, "Seems like i'm moving but I'm standing still " Sundstrom didn't seem to move his feet all night.

Old
10-10-2003, 03:48 AM
Darz

Not a forward on the entire team that did anything to impress me vs Ottawa. Sundstrom getting totally turn inside/out by Spezza was the only time I really noticed Sundstrom most of the night.

Old
10-10-2003, 07:11 PM
Medicine Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Not a forward on the entire team that did anything to impress me vs Ottawa. Sundstrom getting totally turn inside/out by Spezza was the only time I really noticed Sundstrom most of the night.
Since I started the thread, I should give some comments...

I agree Darz. Sundstrom was pretty invisible tonight. I did manage to notice a few things though. He seemed to be playing kinda slack. Was reluctant to go to the forecheck... other winger (Dackell, Bulis) would often be forced into it. Didn't see him finish one check in which he had the opportunity.

Old
10-10-2003, 09:26 PM
Marchy79

From what I saw of Niklas Sundstrom last game was that he's not prepared to start the season. Looks like he did not keep training over the summer. + an apparent injury in this game probably did not help very much. What more I can say is that this was an obvious off night for Niklas... I know he's better than what he displayed (and he probably knew it too).

On a side not though... I felt Dackell was the weak spot. Juneau showed more creativity in this one game than he did all last year.

Closed Thread