HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What would it take to get Petr Sykora in Calgary?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-29-2005, 08:19 PM
  #1
PapaBear*
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,063
vCash: 500
What would it take to get Petr Sykora in Calgary?

He would be a good fit in Cgy. Can he play the left side? If not, he adds much needed offense and creativity to one of the worst offenses in the league. I dont know what ANA is looking for.

PapaBear* is offline  
Old
10-29-2005, 08:30 PM
  #2
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
He would be a good fit in Cgy. Can he play the left side? If not, he adds much needed offense and creativity to one of the worst offenses in the league. I dont know what ANA is looking for.
He can play LW, I think Anahiem may like someone at D.......or a C, Langkow and a pick for Sykora would be fair IMO.

Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
10-29-2005, 08:32 PM
  #3
oil slick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
He would be a good fit in Cgy. Can he play the left side? If not, he adds much needed offense and creativity to one of the worst offenses in the league. I dont know what ANA is looking for.
What's the Flames salary at? And Anaheim for that matter? I would imagine this deal would have to keep the cap in mind.

oil slick is offline  
Old
10-29-2005, 08:37 PM
  #4
PapaBear*
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
He can play LW, I think Anahiem may like someone at D.......or a C, Langkow and a pick for Sykora would be fair IMO.
Id so do that, as Langkow just isnt a good fit in Cgy.

PapaBear* is offline  
Old
10-29-2005, 08:37 PM
  #5
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
Id so do that, as Langkow just isnt a good fit in Cgy.
Yeah, I dunno if Anahiem would, especially with their injury probs right now.

Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
10-29-2005, 08:38 PM
  #6
PapaBear*
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil slick
What's the Flames salary at? And Anaheim for that matter? I would imagine this deal would have to keep the cap in mind.
Not sure. I agree, it could be a dump for ANA. If it is, i would offer something like Simon, prospect Ramholt and 2nd?

PapaBear* is offline  
Old
10-29-2005, 08:52 PM
  #7
Randall Graves*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 18,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
He would be a good fit in Cgy. Can he play the left side? If not, he adds much needed offense and creativity to one of the worst offenses in the league. I dont know what ANA is looking for.
A center would be good, Sykora is starting to play well right now.

Randall Graves* is offline  
Old
10-30-2005, 12:08 PM
  #8
PapaBear*
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,063
vCash: 500
Langkow for Sykora straight up.

PapaBear* is offline  
Old
10-30-2005, 12:12 PM
  #9
Chris
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
To Calgary: Petr Sykora
To Washington: 7th round pick

^______________________________________________^

Chris is offline  
Old
10-30-2005, 12:13 PM
  #10
Oil_slick9416*
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kraft dinner is good
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Oil_slick9416* Send a message via MSN to Oil_slick9416*
isn't calgary close to the cap?

Oil_slick9416* is offline  
Old
10-30-2005, 12:21 PM
  #11
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
I don't see a big difference between Langkow and Sykora, other than the Flames add salary and such. Seems like a lateral move IMO.

HuskyFlames is offline  
Old
10-30-2005, 12:30 PM
  #12
Vic Rattlehead*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: St-Hubert, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,790
vCash: 500
Aren't both team close to 39 million?

Vic Rattlehead* is offline  
Old
10-30-2005, 12:46 PM
  #13
Varius
Registered User
 
Varius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,956
vCash: 500
As a Ducks' Fan, the player I'd be interested in for Sykora would be Kobasew....would Flames' fans give him up ?

Also, just a question, but where do you guys use to get the latest player salaries ?

Varius is offline  
Old
10-30-2005, 12:58 PM
  #14
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varius
As a Ducks' Fan, the player I'd be interested in for Sykora would be Kobasew....would Flames' fans give him up ?

Also, just a question, but where do you guys use to get the latest player salaries ?
Naw I don't see it happening. Kobasew is a much more solid player this season than the last NHL season and coming into his own. Plus he is cheap.

HuskyFlames is offline  
Old
10-30-2005, 01:30 PM
  #15
guzzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil_slick9416
isn't calgary close to the cap?
No Calgary is only at around $34 mil.

guzzy is offline  
Old
10-30-2005, 01:37 PM
  #16
flambers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil_slick9416
isn't calgary close to the cap?
No, they are around 34 - 35.

flambers is offline  
Old
10-30-2005, 01:53 PM
  #17
kruezer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,272
vCash: 500
They are closer to 36 mil I believe. They have maybe 3 million to play with.

kruezer is offline  
Old
10-30-2005, 02:01 PM
  #18
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500
a good kidnaping

Rscorpio is offline  
Old
10-30-2005, 03:04 PM
  #19
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,668
vCash: 500
The Oilers could use him as well, I'm sure that if he's available there will be quite a bidding war for him.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
10-30-2005, 03:21 PM
  #20
Creeping Death
Registered User
 
Creeping Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
The guy who may be a good fit for Calgary is Mike Comrie. Say what you will about him, but he'd come cheap from Phoenix, and going back to Alberta and playing under a coach like Sutter could do wonders for him. He is quick and can definitely dish the puck.

Id love to see the Kings get Kobasew, and build around him and Brown, but we'd make real bad trading partners.

As for Sykora to Calgary, the Ducks wouldnt need toughness. Someone like Simon wouldnt really interest them when they have Fedoruk, Brennan, and Moen. Right now I think the Ducks could use some leadership, whether it comes on the blueline or at forward. If I was Burke, Id be asking about Warrener.

Creeping Death is offline  
Old
10-30-2005, 03:41 PM
  #21
PapaBear*
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Death
The guy who may be a good fit for Calgary is Mike Comrie. Say what you will about him, but he'd come cheap from Phoenix, and going back to Alberta and playing under a coach like Sutter could do wonders for him. He is quick and can definitely dish the puck.

Id love to see the Kings get Kobasew, and build around him and Brown, but we'd make real bad trading partners.

As for Sykora to Calgary, the Ducks wouldnt need toughness. Someone like Simon wouldnt really interest them when they have Fedoruk, Brennan, and Moen. Right now I think the Ducks could use some leadership, whether it comes on the blueline or at forward. If I was Burke, Id be asking about Warrener.
id rather have nedved.

PapaBear* is offline  
Old
10-30-2005, 03:46 PM
  #22
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
Not sure. I agree, it could be a dump for ANA. If it is, i would offer something like Simon, prospect Ramholt and 2nd?
That would only get you the other Petr Sykora.

Dr Quincy is offline  
Old
10-30-2005, 03:51 PM
  #23
Bring Back Smyth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy
That would only get you the other Petr Sykora.

Bring Back Smyth is offline  
Old
10-30-2005, 03:57 PM
  #24
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Death
The guy who may be a good fit for Calgary is Mike Comrie. Say what you will about him, but he'd come cheap from Phoenix, and going back to Alberta and playing under a coach like Sutter could do wonders for him. He is quick and can definitely dish the puck.
Yeah and hopefully he'd get destroyed in the BOA 8 times a year!!! I'd go for that!!! I don't see how he'd be all that much better than Langkow though Although he was our 1st line center and had a bunch of points. Anyone that plays with Iggy should rack up points.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
10-30-2005, 04:08 PM
  #25
PapaBear*
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,063
vCash: 500
wiemer and 3rd id do for comrie.

PapaBear* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.