HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames need a #1 center to play with Iggy

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2005, 12:58 AM
PapaBear*

vCash: 500
Flames need a #1 center to play with Iggy

Any suggestions? Don't say its early, dont say the team needs time to gel, because that is not the case anymore. This team just has no chemistry, and lacks offensive skill. They have yet to score more than 3 goals in a single game this year. Its obvious, after 13 games, sporting a record of 4-7-2, Iggy needs a centreman to feed him the puck.

Players that could be had:
Langkow (hes a bust, just floats)
Reinprecht
Nilson
Simon
Wiemer
Ference
Montador

Old
10-30-2005, 01:01 AM
Randall Graves*

I've got news for you buddy...your not going to get a number 1 center for any of those players.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:08 AM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
If Langkow wakes the hell up, then he'll be fine. I have no idea what's wrong with him so far.

The two guys we acquired to leech off of Iggy (Langkow and Amonte) have been sleepwalking through games so far, and it's only serving to drag Iggy down with them. I'm sure that they'll do well once they start playing up to their potential... but how long are we going to wait for that to happen?

I'd ask for what Ference + 1st-rounder could get us, then throw Wiemer or Amonte into the deal if we found something good.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:10 AM
Phanuthier*

I gotta admit, I want Craig Conroy back.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:10 AM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert
If Langkow wakes the hell up, then he'll be fine. I have no idea what's wrong with him so far.

The two guys we acquired to leech off of Iggy (Langkow and Amonte) have been sleepwalking through games so far, and it's only serving to drag Iggy down with them. I'm sure that they'll do well once they start playing up to their potential... but how long are we going to wait for that to happen?

I'd ask for what Ference + 1st-rounder could get us, then throw Wiemer or Amonte into the deal if we found something good.
Thats the thing, when will Langkow wake up? If ever that is...before we finish dead last in the conference. I just dont think he really wants to be here. TRADE HIM NOW!

There are so much this team needs to do, before we will see a good performance out of it. They look lost, no confidence, Sutter looks mad. Losing like this will kill a team at the end, because they can't never get out it, and it influence everybody, the team moral. Now they can't even win a simple hockey game, everybody beats Flames

Old
10-30-2005, 01:15 AM
Dogbert*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
Thats the thing, when will Langkow wake up? If ever that is...before we finish dead last in the conference. I just dont think he really wants to be here. TRADE HIM NOW!

There are so much this team needs to do, before we will see a good performance out of it. They look lost, no confidence, Sutter looks mad. Losing like this will kill a team at the end, because they can't never get out it, and it influence everybody, the team moral. Now they can't even win a simple hockey game, everybody beats Flames
I'd give him a little more time. He has played abhorrently so far, but is 13 games really enough to judge him on?

Take... Ference + Boyd/Ramholt + 1st-rounder. What could that get us?

Old
10-30-2005, 01:16 AM
OrrNumber4

Quote:

Amonte is basically untouchable, as any GM that trades a FA signing so early in the year will earn a bad reputation. At the trade deadline, you could probably trade a second + late pick + conditional pick for a rental first line center. However, I don't know if anyone is selling right now. You would have to pay a high price, like Phaneuf, or Leopold + a pick. If you want one of the ones who have a longer contract or are younger, like Comrie or Marleau, the price would be even more steep.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:18 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Craig Conroy now has 13 points in 12 games. I seem to recall some Flames fans ripping into him for saying he's not that good without Iginla. Looks like he's adjusting pretty well playing between Frolov and Demitra.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:20 AM
Dogbert*

Pittsburgh. Desperate for defencemen, even more so now that Tarnstrom's gone down.

I'm SURE that they'd pay us more for Ference than other teams would right now; throw in a 1st-rounder and a prospect, and who knows?

Old
10-30-2005, 01:21 AM
PapaBear*

If I was Sutter, I would unload Warriner, this guy was good in the old NHL but just a slug in the new NHL.

Why the hell does he keep playing Wiener boy? This guy is the most useless tool in the NHL. I still cant believe it. Dump Clark, dump Nimo, dump Gelinas, dump Conroy, dump McCammond.

Even McCammond is more useful in the new NHL because hes fast!

Im getting fed up with Sutter because of his fetish for western boys .

Old
10-30-2005, 01:24 AM
Dogbert*

Your comments on McAmmond got me thinking... how about St. Louis as a trading partner? Their defence isn't exactly looking stellar right now.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:26 AM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Pittsburgh. Desperate for defencemen, even more so now that Tarnstrom's gone down.

I'm SURE that they'd pay us more for Ference than other teams would right now; throw in a 1st-rounder and a prospect, and who knows?
I agree, Im sure theyd take Ference back. But i wouldnt give him up just yet. Hes cheap and is a good skater. On the other hand, Warriner is just a slug in the new NHL. Slow, not a good first outlet pass and just flat out blows. Hes expendable. He would be a great hand to the Pens young D (kinda like the situation it was here when he came to cgy).

But its obvious they would not be good trading partners right now as they dont have a center up for grabs outside of Sindey and Mario.

I say Atlanta. Would love to see Savard back in Calgary, man he and Iggy had some great chemistry.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:30 AM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Craig Conroy now has 13 points in 12 games. I seem to recall some Flames fans ripping into him for saying he's not that good without Iginla. Looks like he's adjusting pretty well playing between Frolov and Demitra.
Well I'll be the first to say that I thought Langkow would be a huge upgrade over Iginla, but I'm missing Conroy more and more every day.

Would be nice to have ol' Deano McAmmond back, but he would have had a small role here. Good luck to him in St Louis.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:30 AM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Your comments on McAmmond got me thinking... how about St. Louis as a trading partner? Their defence isn't exactly looking stellar right now.
If the blues pick up most of his salary, id love to see Doug weight in Cgy. Cajanek is the real deal this year and very well could be emerging into their #1 C later this year. Plus St. Louis still needs to dump salary.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:31 AM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
man he and Iggy had some great chemistry.
Savard and Iginla never had any chemistry together. There's a reason why Conroy played with Iginla, and Savard blew a fit and demanded a trade... twice.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:32 AM
Dogbert*

Quote:
I agree, Im sure theyd take Ference back. But i wouldnt give him up just yet. Hes cheap and is a good skater. On the other hand, Warrener is just a slug in the new NHL. Slow, not a good first outlet pass and just flat out blows. Hes expendable. He would be a great hand to the Pens young D (kinda like the situation it was here when he came to cgy).

But its obvious they would not be good trading partners right now as they dont have a center up for grabs outside of Sidney and Mario.

I say Atlanta. Would love to see Savard back in Calgary, man he and Iggy had some great chemistry.
Ference is built for the new NHL, for sure. That's why I included him right away. You want something of value, you offer something of value. Ference + 1st is value now. Throw in a prospect, you get someone who can score.

I wouldn't want a centre right now. Get a left-winger who can set up Iggy. I have faith that Langkow will come around.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:32 AM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Im getting fed up with Sutter because of his fetish for western boys .
You mean like his UFA signings Amonte and Hamrlik?

Old
10-30-2005, 01:35 AM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Ference is built for the new NHL, for sure. That's why I included him right away. You want something of value, you offer something of value. Ference + 1st is value now. Throw in a prospect, you get someone who can score.

I wouldn't want a centre right now. Get a left-winger who can set up Iggy. I have faith that Langkow will come around.

I know one LW who could be had for dirt cheap - as they could use another dman.

Oleg Kvasha. Not saying Im a fan of him though...

Old
10-30-2005, 01:38 AM
Phanuthier*

No thanks

Whats wrong with the Flames is constantcy. Kvasha certainly won't help that.

The Flames will be getting one player very, very soon... Robyn Regehr. That should really steady out the blueline, but it might take a couple games for Regehr to learn the "new NHL."

Owen Nolan is still out there, I think he could help out. Can he play LW? The right side is pretty deep right now.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:40 AM
Geese_Howard*

Sorry I regret this trade no matter how desperate we are

Last edited by Geese_Howard*: 10-30-2005 at 01:24 AM.
Old
10-30-2005, 01:49 AM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geese_Howard
Warrner and Lankow for Allison and Berg
Id so do Warriner + Langkow for Allison.

Im telling you, flames should have signed Nylander. I know he was a flame already, but that was in the old NHL.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:53 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
The line of Frolov-Conroy-Demitra has something like 36 points in the last week or so for us. I'm really starting to like the Conroy signing....

Old
10-30-2005, 02:37 AM
amazing_oilers

I think the Flames should target Mike Comrie, the Coyotes seem to have alot of skilled players and might be interested in a Reinprecht type guy. Comrie getting a few points as of late might hinder it, but still worth looking into. The only problem with getting skilled players in Calgary is Sutter. Seems like Sutter doesn't like guys who'd take a chance and pull a move vs. the safe play.

Old
10-30-2005, 03:02 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Yes, but where to get one?

You can maybe get Jokinen,Briere etc. on trade deadline (IF Florida or Buffalo is out of playoffs.)

Old
10-30-2005, 07:37 AM
Bruwinz37

Any interest in three, fun filled years of Alexei Zhamnov?

For Hamrlik (or preferrably Warrener) and Weimer?

Closed Thread