HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames need a #1 center to play with Iggy

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2005, 07:59 AM
R0CKET

vCash: 500
LA has some good depth at C.

Cammi is a natural Center & they have him playing wing, with Iggy he'd be fantastic cuz it would open the ice up for him to do his thing. He has 8 points in 10 games after getting benched from the first game.

Armstrong is also a guy that I wouldn't turn my nose up to. He has really good playmaking skills and is on point below a point per game average anchoring the 3rd line. Much lower value, but he's got a super-cheap contract that goes for a few years more. In this day and age some teams might want to get him just for the contract value so they can get some other higher paid guys.

I won't even guess what type of deal but these are 2 sort-of tradable assets if the return could help LA.

LA is in need of a good Dman so maybe we could make something work?

Old
10-30-2005, 08:07 AM
Slangston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Color@do @v@l@nche
Yes, but where to get one?

You can maybe get Jokinen,Briere etc. on trade deadline (IF Florida or Buffalo is out of playoffs.)
Forget about Briere, he's going nowhere. Fans would have Regier's head on a platter.

Old
10-30-2005, 08:18 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
If the blues pick up most of his salary, id love to see Doug weight in Cgy. Cajanek is the real deal this year and very well could be emerging into their #1 C later this year. Plus St. Louis still needs to dump salary.
St. Louis really doesn't need to dump any more salary. They wanted to be at the 30 million mark and that is where they are at. Besides, how does us eating part of his salary help us dump salary?

Not that I am against trading Weight. However, he does have a no trade clause that he would have to waive. And this past summer, his agent approached him about a possible buy out and he said that he had no interest in that. The family likes St. Louis.

Further, Keep in mind that it would most likely be for a 1 year rental, as he is a UFA next season.

Having said all of that, Larry Pleau was in Phoenix to watch the Phoenix and Calgary game "Scouting." So who really knows.

If we would move him, I would like to see a young forward coming back or something along those lines of picks and prospects. Our D hasn't been horrid, just the Goal-tending as Lalime has let in some easy goals this year.

Old
10-30-2005, 09:49 AM
Taz#24

Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
ZHAMNOV when healthy again

Quote:
Any suggestions? Don't say its early, dont say the team needs time to gel, because that is not the case anymore. This team just has no chemistry, and lacks offensive skill. They have yet to score more than 3 goals in a single game this year. Its obvious, after 13 games, sporting a record of 4-7-2, Iggy needs a centreman to feed him the puck.

Players that could be had:
Langkow (hes a bust, just floats)
Reinprecht
Nilson
Simon
Wiemer
Ference
Montador
ZHAMNOV, MACEACHERN and GILL for LEOPOLD, WARRINER and MCCARTY???

Old
10-30-2005, 11:08 AM
AlMo

Fantasy

Sergei Fedorov - imagine what Iggy can do with him

Realistically

Viktor Kozlov - seems mostly like to be moved once Elias returns
Michal Handzus? - will Philly move him, with maybe Leopold going the other way

Old
10-30-2005, 11:31 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert
Your comments on McAmmond got me thinking... how about St. Louis as a trading partner? Their defence isn't exactly looking stellar right now.

Nothing in St. Louis is looking stellar right now. They made a few bad personal moves in the off-season and i think their Chemistry got messed up. With the loss of Pronger and Mac, its a huge pill to swallow.

Anyway, i dont think St. Louis would help Calgary much as far as a 1st line center goes. They have Doug Weight, but he has an expensive contract and is one of the only offensive weapons the blues have.

Old
10-30-2005, 11:37 AM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz#24
ZHAMNOV, MACEACHERN and GILL for LEOPOLD, WARRINER and MCCARTY???
Pass, pass and pass.

Old
10-30-2005, 11:44 AM
Miller Time

to cgy- Ribeiro + 2nd pick 06

to mtl- Yelle + Warriner

If Cgy needs some offensive boost, Ribeiro would be a good fit... Playing with a talent like Iginla (who would create space for Ribs to pull out his flashy bag of tricks) ribs could be an 80 point guy (and help Iggy surpass his previous goal totals)
...pick helps Cgy rebuild their relatively weak farm system

habs could use the face-off help and experience from yelle, and the d help from Warriner....

and please don't give me the "ribs isn't a Sutter type guy".... if sutter doesn't get the flames ship back on track he'll end up getting canned just like he did in San Jose (and remember, he lost his job a year after the Sharks had an incredible season)

Old
10-30-2005, 11:47 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Bottom line is that Sutter needs to give up his hard on for Western Canada boys and bring in some players that can help that team. I don't think he's going to do it, and if Calgary continues to slide I think he'll be fired.

Old
10-30-2005, 11:51 AM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Bottom line is that Sutter needs to give up his hard on for Western Canada boys and bring in some players that can help that team. I don't think he's going to do it, and if Calgary continues to slide I think he'll be fired.
sadly, most likely to happen. He at least needs to give up the GM job.

I dont think Leopold would be moved unless hes really fallen out of sync this year. Many believe hes playing bad because hes without his partner Regehr, so hopefully when he returns next week, he will get his game back.

I would still like to see Warriner go.

Hamr, Reg, Leo, Phan is a more than capable top 4.

Old
10-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
The Kings could really use a d-man like Warriner. Unfortunately, we have nothing to trade for him.

Old
10-30-2005, 12:01 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
The Kings could really use a d-man like Warriner. Unfortunately, we have nothing to trade for him.
A deal around Warrerner for Cammalleri.

Old
10-30-2005, 12:30 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
If the blues pick up most of his salary, id love to see Doug weight in Cgy. Cajanek is the real deal this year and very well could be emerging into their #1 C later this year. Plus St. Louis still needs to dump salary.
St. Louis is sitting around the 32 mil mark; we don't need to dump any salary. In fact, once Checketts buys the team we'll be in a position to take on a few salary dumps ourselves. That said, I wouldn't mind dumping Doug Weight. He simply doesn't fit into our long term plans and he seems to be pouting over the lack of finesse amoung our wingers(he's gotten some points but he's nowhere close to the level he usually plays at). IMO a Weight for Langkow and Reinprecht swap helps both teams. Calgary gets their #1 center to play with Iginla and Amonte and the Blues get 2 younger players with upside. As for the $$$'s; Weight makes 5.7 mil, Reinprecht and Langkow combine for 3.9 mil. Calgary would only be taking on 1.8 mil. I'm not really inclined to take on salary with that small a difference.

Simple Version:
To Calgary: Duog Weight(5.7 mil)
To St. Louis: Daymond Langkow(2.45 mil) and Steve Reinprecht(1.45 mil)

Old
10-30-2005, 12:41 PM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59
St. Louis is sitting around the 32 mil mark; we don't need to dump any salary. In fact, once Checketts buys the team we'll be in a position to take on a few salary dumps ourselves. That said, I wouldn't mind dumping Doug Weight. He simply doesn't fit into our long term plans and he seems to be pouting over the lack of finesse amoung our wingers(he's gotten some points but he's nowhere close to the level he usually plays at). IMO a Weight for Langkow and Reinprecht swap helps both teams. Calgary gets their #1 center to play with Iginla and Amonte and the Blues get 2 younger players with upside. As for the $$$'s; Weight makes 5.7 mil, Reinprecht and Langkow combine for 3.9 mil. Calgary would only be taking on 1.8 mil. I'm not really inclined to take on salary with that small a difference.

Simple Version:
To Calgary: Duog Weight(5.7 mil)
To St. Louis: Daymond Langkow(2.45 mil) and Steve Reinprecht(1.45 mil)
I dont think Sutter would trade his top 2 centers in the same trade. I say Langkow + Simon and 1st.

Old
10-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
sadly, most likely to happen. He at least needs to give up the GM job.

I dont think Leopold would be moved unless hes really fallen out of sync this year. Many believe hes playing bad because hes without his partner Regehr, so hopefully when he returns next week, he will get his game back.

I would still like to see Warriner go.

Hamr, Reg, Leo, Phan is a more than capable top 4.
You are a Flames fan, right?

It's WarrEner.

With the Flames, it'll be tough for them to acquire a first line center, mainly because they are very close to the cap. They'll have to give up a little more just to stay under the cap.

Old
10-30-2005, 12:55 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
I dont think Sutter would trade his top 2 centers in the same trade. I say Langkow + Simon and 1st.
I think I'd do that.

Old
10-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Varius

ANA: Ference, Kobasew + 3rd-round

CGY: Fedorov

Note: Anaheim will have to eat up some of Fed's contract I think for it to work out.

If you don't want to trade Kobasew (since he wasnt on the list from the original post), then make it:

ANA: Ference, Nilson, Ramholt

CGY: Fedorov

Old
10-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
I'm pretty sure St. Louis would jump all over that. They would save on cap space while getting a very good second line center (Langkow) and a tough forward (Simon), along with a first rounder.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:00 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59
I think I'd do that.
I wouldn't. GIving up a #2 center (still too early to tell if he can click on the 1st line) and a 1st rounder (could be decent as well) for a guy who is very expensive and a UFA soon. Sounds like alot to give up for a short term solution that may not even work. Way too much risk, too much salary for it to happen IMO.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:02 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Speaking as the self-appointed Isles GM , you can have your pick of Alexei Yashin or Oleg Kvasha to fill your need at center.

Both at wholesale prices.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:05 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Speaking as the self-appointed Isles GM , you can have your pick of Alexei Yashin or Oleg Kvasha to fill your need at center.

Both at wholesale prices.
Oh man, that would be boss. I'd love to see the Flames get Yashin!

Old
10-30-2005, 01:09 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
Oh man, that would be boss. I'd love to see the Flames get Yashin!
Yeah, well, forget it. Yashin isn't coming back to Canada under any circumstance that isn't a road trip with an American team.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:16 PM
trublu16

#1 center??

Let me get this straight, Calagary needs and wants a #1 center, right? But for any of the #1 caliber centers, you want the other team to eat the majority of the big contract.

Lets see the best offer I have seen on here is the one that basically says let chemistry get started between Iggy and langkow. Those trades have a knack for working out to be the best trades.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:19 PM
norrisnick

Datsyuk for Phaneuf.

I realize Phaneuf is the untouchable of untouchables but if Sutter wants an allstar quality center he'll have to give up something other than a 2nd liner/2nd pair d-man and a pick.

EDIT - This is an estimation of value post. I realize that Sutter will move Phaneuf the day he's dead and buried.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:25 PM
flambers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert
Pittsburgh. Desperate for defencemen, even more so now that Tarnstrom's gone down.

I'm SURE that they'd pay us more for Ference than other teams would right now; throw in a 1st-rounder and a prospect, and who knows?
Its a brutual idea to trade a 1st rounder or Boyd. The Flames will never do it.

Closed Thread