HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames need a #1 center to play with Iggy

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2005, 03:53 PM
Dr Quincy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert
I'd ask for what Ference + 1st-rounder could get us, then throw Wiemer or Amonte into the deal if we found something good.
Ferrence + #1 = what a #1 by itslef would equal
Amonte + #1 = < than that

Old
10-30-2005, 03:55 PM
PapaBear*

nagy is the type of player cgy needs.

Old
10-30-2005, 04:00 PM
Gwyddbwyll

You dont want to know Nagy's asking price

Is Comrie and Kolanos realistic? I dont know how long before Langkow becomes UFA which would affect his value.

Old
10-30-2005, 04:12 PM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll
You dont want to know Nagy's asking price

Is Comrie and Kolanos realistic? I dont know how long before Langkow becomes UFA which would affect his value.
langkow, warrener and 1st for nagy. He will have no problem feeding iggy from the left side.

I know hes untouchable though.

Old
10-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
What would the 'Yotes want for Comrie + Kolanos?

Old
10-30-2005, 04:25 PM
PapaBear*

See what I said in the summer? Flames really should have made a trade for Ray Whitney. But nooooooo, everyone said he wouldnt fit. I know hes a LW, but he can play C as well and more than capable of dishing the puck. In fact very under rated in doing that, plus hes a PP god - one of the best in the league in running a PP. Hint: Something that might be helpful in CGY.

Good job Sutter.

Old
10-30-2005, 04:40 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll
Langkow back to Phoenix for Comrie + Kolanos ?

Maybe a draft pick with Langkow depending how long before he's UFA.
Why on earth would phoenix do that?

Old
10-30-2005, 05:35 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
Why on earth would phoenix do that?
Exactly the same reaction from me. Comrie's just hitting his stride.

If Phoenix is serious about trading Kolanos, we should offer up a pick for him (perhaps throwing Wiemer in there if Gretz and Barnett would bite) and stick him in the spot that Matt Lombardi was in before the injury. When Lombo comes back, we'll have two speedy centres with hands, which could be great in the new NHL.

I wouldn't see anything wrong with putting Lombo with Iginla and seeing what happens.

Old
10-30-2005, 05:43 PM
PapaBear*

All I have to say is...

Nagy-Nedved-Iginla

Old
10-30-2005, 06:55 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time
If Cgy needs some offensive boost, Ribeiro would be a good fit... Playing with a talent like Iginla (who would create space for Ribs to pull out his flashy bag of tricks) ribs could be an 80 point guy (and help Iggy surpass his previous goal totals)
That sounds freakishly like what everyone was saying about Langkow...

Old
10-30-2005, 07:09 PM
rickn

How about A. Zhamnov & N. Boynton & M. Jurcina
for D. Phaneuf & S. Reinprecht.

Old
10-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Hova

Phaneuf will not be traded along with Regher, Leopold, Iginla, and Kipper. No matter how bad the offence is, thoose players will not be traded.

Old
10-30-2005, 07:37 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy
If you are looking for a #1 center, throwing names like Ferrence, Montador, Simon and Wiemer around is silly. Those guys aren't going to bring any value to a deal like that. Is there really a team that's going to give up a #1 C for a #2 C (Langkow) and Steve Montador?

Langkow and Reinprecht have some value, but even packaged what #1 C are they going to get? Maybe Yashin and his salary.
Actually, I'd take either guy straight up for Yashin. Alexei is putting up points this season, but is destined to have another year where he leads a team to mediocrity and nothing more. And unloading his contract and going from there would be enough of a benefit for this fan.

BTW, your original point is spot on. PapaBear needs a dose of reality. Aside from Langkow and Reinprecht, he listed pedestrian players. You want quality, you typically need to give up quality...or be willing to eat a huge contract.

Last edited by Trottier: 10-30-2005 at 07:48 PM.
Old
10-30-2005, 07:46 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Actually, I'd take either guy striaght up for Yashin. Alexei is putting up points this season, but is destined to have another year where he leads a team to mediocrity and nothing more. And unloading his contract and going from there would be enough of a benefit for this fan.
How many years are left on Yashin's contract? In order to afford someone like that the Flames would need to ship off some guys with salary as well.

To Flames:
Yashin
$7.5 millionish

To Islanders:
Rhino, Warrener, Wiemer $4.5 millionish

Islanders also eat up 1 million of Yashin's salary. In this deal the Islanders get a top 4 defenseman that they need, a top 6 forward to add as well and a grinder. They also drop a couple million for the future and add some solid depth on D and upfront. The Flames add about 2 million in salary and get their #1 center.

Amonte - Yashin - Iginla
Lombardi - Langkow - Kobasew
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty
Simon - Ritchie - Donovan
Wiemer

Leopold - Regehr
Hammer - Phaneuf
Ference - Marchment
Montador

Looks solid to me.

Old
10-30-2005, 07:48 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert
Your comments on McAmmond got me thinking... how about St. Louis as a trading partner? Their defence isn't exactly looking stellar right now.

McAmmond would just be another depth scorer for the Flames.

Old
10-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan

To Flames:
Yashin
$7.5 millionish

To Islanders:
How many years left on the contracts of Warrener and Reinprecht? Weimer is on a one-year deal, I know, which means his numbers come off the books after this season.

I'd do it. But I crave cap space. For cap space means a better opportunity to acquire the right talent. And Alexei Yashin eats up cap space.

Yashin has five years left on his deal after this season. The one thing in his favor is that apparently he can bought out at a reasonable hit after this season - something like a $2+ mil hit over the next five years. Need verification of that.)

Crew, other NYI faithful - I fully recognize that Wang loves Milbury and Yashin, and as such this deal will never happen This dream represents what I would like to see done, not reality. )

Old
10-30-2005, 07:58 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
How many years left on the contracts of Warrener and Reinprecht? Weimer is on a one-year deal, I know, which means his numbers come off the books after this season.

I'd do it. But I crave cap space. For cap space means a better opportunity to acquire the right talent. And Alexei Yashin eats up cap space.

Yashin has five years left on his deal after this season. The one thing in his favor is that apparently he can bought out at a reasonable hit after this season - something like a $2+ mil hit over the next five years. Need verification of that.)

Crew, other NYI faithful - I fully recognize that Wang loves Milbury and Yashin, and as such this deal will never happen This dream represents what I would like to see done, not reality. )
Rhino contract was for 1 year so he will be a RFA after this season. Warrener signed a 4 year deal this season, so he will have 3 years on it after this season.

Old
10-30-2005, 08:02 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
How many years are left on Yashin's contract? In order to afford someone like that the Flames would need to ship off some guys with salary as well.

To Flames:
Yashin
$7.5 millionish

To Islanders:

Islanders also eat up 1 million of Yashin's salary. In this deal the Islanders get a top 4 defenseman that they need, a top 6 forward to add as well and a grinder. They also drop a couple million for the future and add some solid depth on D and upfront. The Flames add about 2 million in salary and get their #1 center.

Amonte - Yashin - Iginla
Lombardi - Langkow - Kobasew
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty
Simon - Ritchie - Donovan
Wiemer

Leopold - Regehr
Hammer - Phaneuf
Ference - Marchment
Montador

Looks solid to me.

Isles would love to wiggle out of Yashin's contract,especially if they can without having to buyout 2/3 of it.

but you'd need to take Weimer out.Either keep him or if you want to move out salary,replace him.Isles made several offseason moves with the idea of improving a divided lockerroom.Milbury wasn't happy with weimer in the isles lockerroom a few seasons ago.I doubt they'd take him back.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 10-30-2005 at 08:09 PM.
Old
10-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Towelie*

Quote:
Rhino contract was for 1 year so he will be a RFA after this season. Warrener signed a 4 year deal this season, so he will have 3 years on it after this season.
Seems like a good. I am not sure if Yashin is even worth all of that though. I guess Rhino's trade value is low due to injuries.

Old
10-30-2005, 08:08 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

Wang let Milbury make all these roster changes to surround Yashin with more skilled players and removed Yashin's critics from the lockerroom.Yashin's putting up points,but it's still very early in the season.

If Yashin and the team don't make the playoffs or bow out in the first again..who knows what Wang will do?Buying out Yashin is a real possibility.

Old
10-30-2005, 08:18 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
Wang let Milbury make all these roster changes to surround Yashin with more skilled players and removed Yashin's critics from the lockerroom.Yashin's putting up points,but it's still very early in the season.

If Yashin and the team don't make the playoffs or bow out in the first again..who knows what Wang will do? Buying out Yashin is a real possibility.
I'd like to think that Wang would be open minded to the option, were the season not to net out as we want it to. You know I'm never one to promote rushing deals (especially in October, after only 11 games!), but I'm really skeptical about this current NYI squad going anywhere as currently constituted. Alexei is playing well...which could possibly make him more enticing to another team (though still very unlikely, given economics).

BTW, good catch on Weimer and the unlikelihood of his return to L.I.

Last edited by Trottier: 10-30-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old
10-30-2005, 08:29 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
McAmmond would just be another depth scorer for the Flames.
McAmmond's a very underrated player. He's gonna pile up the points, but his speed and work ethic will generate alot of chances and alot of PP's.

People might be surprised, but I think he was one of the biggest losses for the Flames with Conroy and Clark.

Old
10-30-2005, 08:33 PM
boredmale

Quote:

To Flames:
Yashin
$7.5 millionish

To Islanders:
As an Islanders fan i would do it. I would do it for a 7th rounder if you guys offered that

I like Yashin but he is a 4.5-5 million dollar player getting an average salary of 6.8 over the next 6 years. He is actually putting up good stats(11 games 7G 8A) this year which is nice to see(mainly becuase they finally got him a good linemate in Satan) but the fact he is getting cash like Iginla, Thorton, etc. will hurt us or any team he plays for.

Alot of Islander fans want the Islander to buy him out but i don't see it happening. From a long term perspective the Islanders might be best off to try ice the best team possible under Yashin's tenure, and hopefully if we draft and develop our players good, we will be in a position in 6 years were we have 6.8 million in salary freed up. I don't like the idea that if we buy him out now we will get a salary cap hit of 2 million for the next 10 years.

You probably would be better of going for Federov and his 3 year/18 million dollar deal from Anaheim.

Old
10-30-2005, 09:11 PM
weaponomega

How about this?

To Calgary:
Alexei Zhamnov

To Boston:
Rhett Warrener

Old
10-30-2005, 10:22 PM
burgess1978

IMO ...

Nilson, Ference + a pick (or upper-mid prospect) should bring a decent return. Nilson is a perfect 3rd liner on any NHL team. You need them to win cups. Ference is a an affordable 4th/5th defenseman.

I agree that Pittsburgh needs help on D but they won't be giving up a top line centre (Lemieux, Malone, Crosby).

Closed Thread