HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade scenarios for Patrick Lalime

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Guy Legend

vCash: 500
Trade scenarios for Patrick Lalime

According to Spectors (from Larry Brooks), Patrick Lalime is on the block.

Lalime is far from being the problem with the Blues this season. A potential trade would most likely be made with the future in mind.

We know that there quite a few teams looking for a goalie....so obviously there are a good number of potential moves.

Thoughts?

Old
10-30-2005, 01:05 PM
kimzey59

Brooks Rumor-Not going to happen
Blues getting anything worthwhile for Lalime-Not going to happen.

Bottom Line:
Blues Dealing Lalime- Not going to happen.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:21 PM
trublu16

Lalime

There would only be one thing that the Blues need to get for Lalime. That would be a 2nd round pic, exactly what they gave up to get him. But it is not going to happen, unless another team think they can turn him around.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:23 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Legend
According to Spectors (from Larry Brooks)
Anything from Brooks is total ********

10-30-2005, 01:23 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu16
There would only be one thing that the Blues need to get for Lalime. That would be a 2nd round pic, exactly what they gave up to get him. But it is not going to happen, unless another team think they can turn him around.
The Blues traded a 4th round pick for Lalime. IF the return is going to be that low I'd just as soon keep him.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:29 PM
HuskyFlames

Edmonton.

Old
10-30-2005, 01:51 PM
SerbianEagle

Quote:
Edmonton.
Nope, but Calgary can have him for Kipper.

Old
10-31-2005, 09:40 AM
Jordoe28

How about they keep Lalime and hire or get their current goalie coach to work with Lalime. Once he works on his fivehole and rebound control, and gets his confidence up there is no doubt in my mind he can succeed as a dominant starter.

Old
10-31-2005, 10:04 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Lalime is a fall guy right now for a team that has a lot of bigger problems... and it's all been expected.

The Blues were expected to be in tough to make the playoffs this year (finally)... they are going through the expected rough patches this year.

Lalime isn't the problem though IMO... he's not an elite #1, but then no one - including the Blues that moved a 4th rounder for him - expected him to be one.

After now playing behind a defense that has their own problems, his numbers will look worse, and getting anything more than a 4th rounder it took to get him, is expecting too much.

I would expect him to play with the Blues till at least the deadline, and then be moved if (as expected) the Blues are out of the playoffs, and if there is another playoff team that has injury issues with their starter. With the season as it is right now, and the amount of times goalies seem to be getting run so far this year, I would expect at least one or two "unexpected" injuries to starters by deadline time... that's when Lalime will be worth more... right now though he's done nothing to really generate interest in him, when most teams passed a year ago, when the asking price was only a 4th rounder.

Old
10-31-2005, 04:42 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Legend
According to Spectors (from Larry Brooks), Patrick Lalime is on the block.

Lalime is far from being the problem with the Blues this season. A potential trade would most likely be made with the future in mind.

We know that there quite a few teams looking for a goalie....so obviously there are a good number of potential moves.

Thoughts?
Huet and a 4th.

Old
10-31-2005, 05:00 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
Edmonton.
May make sense to deal him for Conklin if the Oilers brass are done with him. A Markannen/Lalime duo may be better than a Markannen/Conklin one. However, not sure why the Oilers would bother.

Old
11-01-2005, 06:28 AM
It Kills Me

It'd be funny, if Belfour goes down near the playoffs and wouldn't be able to play. Toronto trades for LaLime and he shuts out the Sens in the playoffs for a sweep.

Old
11-01-2005, 09:37 AM
kimzey59

I hate to suggest this given the source, but I just heard a rumor that would make sense for a Lalime trade.

Per Eklund: The Blues are interested in Marc-Andre Fluery.

I know how this sounds, but don't kill me for it(Eklund's the one who started this thing). If the Pen's(should read Mario) are in a "win now" mentality(which they appear to be after that off-season) I could see Mario going after a PO tested goalie and a D man for a goalie Mario isn't really fond of(Lalime+(insert D man not named Jackman, Backman, Woywitka or Brewer) for MAF). Again; I don't think this is likely or that it will happen; just passing along a rumor.

Old
11-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59
I hate to suggest this given the source, but I just heard a rumor that would make sense for a Lalime trade.

I know how this sounds, but don't kill me for it(Eklund's the one who started this thing). If the Pen's(should read Mario) are in a "win now" mentality(which they appear to be after that off-season) I could see Mario going after a PO tested goalie and a D man for a goalie Mario isn't really fond of(Lalime+(insert D man not named Jackman, Backman, Woywitka or Brewer) for MAF). Again; I don't think this is likely or that it will happen; just passing along a rumor.
So you think that Mario is goin to trade a 20 YO goalie that was selected 1st overall for Patrick Lalime and a pylon?

If the Blues were to acquire MAF, one of the big 3 (Brewer, Jackman, or Backman) would HAVE to be included IMO. Lalime would just be a throw in at this point in time.

Old
11-01-2005, 10:28 AM
VanW27

Quote:

Ur being stingy on d-men u wont give up but i could possibly see something like
Brewer + Schwartz (sp?) + Lalime
for
MAF + Thibeault

But i would think if ur gonna trade MAF for a goalie you might as well go after an elite guy like Turco if he were to become available, even in this trade i would think the Pens would want Jackman which would be a deal breaker.

Old
11-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwychen27
for
MAF + Thibeault

But i would think if ur gonna trade MAF for a goalie you might as well go after an elite guy like Turco if he were to become available, even in this trade i would think the Pens would want Jackman which would be a deal breaker.

Yeah, that's going to happen.........

Old
11-01-2005, 10:49 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwychen27
for
MAF + Thibeault

Why on Earth would we want Thibeault?

But, for arguements sake, let's make this interesting. Lalime and Schwarz I'd do. I could be convinced to deal Brewer but It'd take a forward prospect or two to get him included(say Surovy and/or Ouellet).

Counter Proposal:
Brewer, Lalime and Shwartz
for
MAF and Surovy

Old
11-01-2005, 10:55 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

What's Brewer contract status?

I don't think that Lalime has much value at all... so he's basically a throw in, in the deal... it's like adding a 4th round pick to one side.

Is Brewer + 4th rounder worth Fleury? That's basically what it comes down to.

I would think that a young goalie like him has more value, but that all depends on Brewer's current value... a couple years ago he was worth a lot more... now, after struggling, and depending on his contract status, it might take more than that to get a top goalie prospect?

Old
11-01-2005, 11:01 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
What's Brewer contract status?

I don't think that Lalime has much value at all... so he's basically a throw in, in the deal... it's like adding a 4th round pick to one side.

Is Brewer + 4th rounder worth Fleury? That's basically what it comes down to.

I would think that a young goalie like him has more value, but that all depends on Brewer's current value... a couple years ago he was worth a lot more... now, after struggling, and depending on his contract status, it might take more than that to get a top goalie prospect?
He signed his QO for a little over 2 mil. He'll be a RFA next off-season.

Old
11-01-2005, 11:06 AM
VanW27

Quote:
Why on Earth would we want Thibeault?

But, for arguements sake, let's make this interesting. Lalime and Schwarz I'd do. I could be convinced to deal Brewer but It'd take a forward prospect or two to get him included(say Surovy and/or Ouellet).

Counter Proposal:
Brewer, Lalime and Shwartz
for
MAF and Surovy
The only reason i included Thibeault is if u trade Lalime u need to get a starter back and MAF is not ready to play big minutes in the NHL. Personally i dont think the Pens would be all that interested in Brewer and would want Jackman who IMO the Blues wont trade.

Old
11-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Benji Frank

Are the Jackman's (Ric & Barret) related?

Old
11-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:

Eklund.

Old
11-01-2005, 11:58 AM
trublu16

MA Fleury

The Blues are interested in MA Fluery, are you kidding me. THis is a joke.

Not that I am saying Fluery is a joke, but this whole idea of the Blues being interested in trading for a young prospect, even tho he has lots of upside/potential. The Blues have Bacashihua (aka Cash), who has the AHL honors this last week, and still he is in the minors. What makes you think they will even use Fluery in St. Louis even if trade for.

If Lalime goes anywhere, it will be for forwards or draft picks. They seem to be happy with their young unproven defense that they have, and the future in net. So forwards would be the only logical thing they need. But wait a second we are talking about Pleau. No telling what he will do.

Old
11-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Mizral

It would be awfully ridiculous for the Blues to hang their losses on Lalime and move him. He has been the least of their problems.

Old
11-01-2005, 01:34 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

no one who holds out with the Pens ever returns after being dealt for that reason. Patrick will never bring Lalime back.

Closed Thread