HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames/Ducks & Flames/Islanders Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2005, 12:49 AM
PapaBear*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuthier

Langkow is the biggest sorry excuse of a hockey player I've seen in a long long time.
I agree, hilarious though. This guy is a tool.

One player comes to mind centering the top line - Jason Wiener boy.

Cant Sutter just put a 3rd rd pk on the table for a team, any team to take him off our hands?

Old
10-31-2005, 01:06 AM
Pepper

Fedorov for Langkow & Warriner, I'd do that deal as Ducks fan.

I thought it's impossible to pay part of somebody's salary under the new CBA, old contracts excluded??

Old
10-31-2005, 02:14 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
What Iginla really seems to need is a center that can skate with him. I was a little skeptic that Langkow might be a little slow of him, but I heard lots of good things from Pheonix fans about him. And so far, I don't think I've seen such a useless player in a long, long time. This guy literally doesn't do anything. People say a pylon could get 60 points with Iginla... well I don't know what to say about Langkow then. Maybe he was overrated or something, or maybe I was fortunate to see a team with so much heart and passion last year, but Langkow is the biggest sorry excuse of a hockey player I've seen in a long long time. I thought this guy was supposed to be a blue-collar, hard worker who does the work down low needed to get goals?
I did not see that coming. I figured Langkow would flourish in Calgary. He was great in Phoenix, and really seemed like a "Sutter guy". In Phoenix he was the best offensive and best defensive center. He played on the power play and the penalty kill. He made plays, scored goals, and played with a very nasty disposition. IMO, he was easily the most valuable forward (with the exception of Doan) on the Coyotes, during his time here. He was my favorite player, and I'd love to see him back.

Old
10-31-2005, 10:08 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
Dashin' cashin' Yashin? Mr. Invisible come playoff time? Ewww...

Lets just do this.

Warriner straight up for Parrish. That solves the insanely weak left side, and Parrish can really skate.

Parrish-Reinprecht-Iginla
Amonte-Langkow-Kobasew

Not bad top 2 lines. Not great, but do-able. Then we will work on getting a center from there.
Parrish is a RW who has never showed any ability whatsoever to play on the off wing, so I'm really not sure how this solves your "insanely weak left side."

Old
10-31-2005, 10:09 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt
I did not see that coming. I figured Langkow would flourish in Calgary. He was great in Phoenix, and really seemed like a "Sutter guy". In Phoenix he was the best offensive and best defensive center. He played on the power play and the penalty kill. He made plays, scored goals, and played with a very nasty disposition. IMO, he was easily the most valuable forward (with the exception of Doan) on the Coyotes, during his time here. He was my favorite player, and I'd love to see him back.
In the off season, I predicted Langkow would score 30 for Calgary.

Old
10-31-2005, 10:29 AM
Pepper

Points or goals?

Old
10-31-2005, 10:37 AM
AgentOrange*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
To Flames:
Yashin (Islanders eat 2 million salary)

To Islanders:
Rhino and Warrener

Islanders get a warrior for their defense and a solid stay at home defenseman to help their blueline. They also add a forward who can help with the offense (not quite the same level as Yashin). Islanders also dump around 2 million and Rhino is a RFA after this season and Warrener has 3 more years on his contract after this season.
Who is "Rhino"? That nickname isnt as obvious to non-Flames fans.

Old
10-31-2005, 10:41 AM
AgentOrange*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert
Yashin is not coming back to Canada. He doesn't want to play here, the country doesn't want him back... and I've heard rumblings that the federal government itself would block any Canadian team from acquiring Yashin, stemming from his violation of the terms of his contract with Ottawa.
I dont think the country has a say in the matter. Do you have anything crediable to back that up?

Old
10-31-2005, 10:44 AM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange
Steven Rheinprect.

Old
10-31-2005, 10:44 AM
AgentOrange*

Quote:
Eastern european, very similar in hockey styles and such IMO.
Ignorant comment

The Czech's dont even play anymore similiar to the Slovaks then they do the Russians.

Old
10-31-2005, 10:45 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Steve Reinprecht. I also felt Langkow would have a massive season a line with Iginla and I expected somewhere around 70-75 points. His play this season has been very surprising...

Old
10-31-2005, 10:48 AM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Ignorant comment

The Czech's dont even play anymore similiar to the Slovaks then they do the Russians.
How is that ignorant? IMO, eastern europeans are very much skill and finesse. Very rare do you get power forward types from the East, most are pure skill (Jagr, Kovavlev, etc). Its not an insult at all.

Old
10-31-2005, 10:52 AM
AgentOrange*

Quote:
Steven Rheinprect.
I thought it might of been based on the "Rein" but I didnt want to assume.

Anyways, I'd rather keep Yashin and his contract instead of Warrener (who would be hard to pass up) and Reinprect.

Pay all of Yashin's salary and exchange Reinprect for a player the Isles actually need upfront and then I'd make the deal.

I dont see anyway Yashin can become a part of Sutter's team anyways.

Warrener for Parrish, and all is well.

Old
10-31-2005, 10:54 AM
AgentOrange*

Quote:
How is that ignorant? IMO, eastern europeans are very much skill and finesse. Very rare do you get power forward types from the East, most are pure skill (Jagr, Kovavlev, etc). Its not an insult at all.
You said they were very similiar in hockey styles and such.

If you were more specific in the first place.

Old
10-31-2005, 10:58 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I thought it might of been based on the "Rein" but I didnt want to assume.

Anyways, I'd rather keep Yashin and his contract instead of Warrener (who would be hard to pass up) and Reinprect.

Pay all of Yashin's salary and exchange Reinprect for a player the Isles actually need upfront and then I'd make the deal.

I dont see anyway Yashin can become a part of Sutter's team anyways.

Warrener for Parrish, and all is well.
I don't understand the math at all, but I think Patrick's deal would actually be more costly to the Isles than a simple buyout. According to Alan Hahn, if the Isles buyout Yashin, they're on the hook for 2/3 of the remaining 50% of his contract over 10 years( 2 X length of contract). That essentially works out to 2 million a year. If they paid 2 million to the Flames, ate Reinprect's contract (a player we probably wouldn't want all that much), and got Warrner's contract too, that would be a more expensive way to go.

I also don't see the advantage of clearing salary space NOW, when there are no more UFAs available to sign. Not much incentive at this point in the year.

Old
10-31-2005, 10:59 AM
AgentOrange*

Quote:
Er, I ment it more for Patrick.

Yashin a Flame? Oh boy. The Flames may suck right now, but the gameplan was never to win a regular season championship, but the ultimate prize. Do I think this team can do it? Yes, I do, if the team pulls its head out of its *** and gets some friggin consistantcy. This team is supposed to be one that prides itself on hard work, dicipline, speed, physical play and drive. They have shown none of that, but call it blind faith or whatever you want to call it, come game 82, if the Flames do make the playoffs, I think these team will come through.

Darryl Sutter said it Day 1, this team was built to win a playoff championship. Yashin won't bring that.
Not when the gameplan was originally to make the playoffs first eh?

In no way do I see Yashin ever becoming a Flame.

Old
10-31-2005, 11:04 AM
AgentOrange*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
Dashin' cashin' Yashin? Mr. Invisible come playoff time? Ewww...

Lets just do this.

Warriner straight up for Parrish. That solves the insanely weak left side, and Parrish can really skate.

Parrish-Reinprecht-Iginla
Amonte-Langkow-Kobasew

Not bad top 2 lines. Not great, but do-able. Then we will work on getting a center from there.
Parrish isnt really that great of a skater. He isnt a bad skater either though. He's average.

Old
10-31-2005, 11:18 AM
AgentOrange*

Quote:
To Flames:
Yashin (Islanders eat 2 million salary)

To Islanders:
Rhino and Warrener

Islanders get a warrior for their defense and a solid stay at home defenseman to help their blueline. They also add a forward who can help with the offense (not quite the same level as Yashin). Islanders also dump around 2 million and Rhino is a RFA after this season and Warrener has 3 more years on his contract after this season.
Please explain.

Do the Isles pay 2 million salary for only this year or each of the following years remaining on the contract?

Obviously Reinprect isnt quite the same level as Yashin.

Doesnt Reinprect make around 2 million? Even if the Isles paid 2 million of the Yashin contract (this year) they'd be almost taking back as much as they would with the Yashin contract

Yashin to Calgary = 5.6 per year

Isles are paying 2.0 of the 7.6

Lets say Rhino makes 2

Warrener makes 2 million per.

Isles paying out 6 million.

It works out that Calgary adds 1.6 million in salary for Yashin, as they lose 2 million each for Reinprect and Warrener while the Isles still pay 2 million of Yashin's 7.6

Old
10-31-2005, 11:36 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I also don't see the advantage of clearing salary space NOW, when there are no more UFAs available to sign. Not much incentive at this point in the year.
if we can get rid of Yashin's contract at any point in time(let's face it we not buying it out) i say do it, no questions asked. I am a yashin fan but i realise he is a 4.5-5 million dollar player when at the top of his game taking up 6.8 million of cap space. I also don't like the idea of buying him out and spreading the buyout over 10 years, live with the deal for the next 6 years and work around it.

Old
10-31-2005, 11:48 AM
kruezer

Quote:
You might be surprised Cerebral, Amonte's starting to get get some chemistry with Iginla. Granted, he's everything HF advertised him to be... I honestly believed that the hands never leave you, only the chances do, and as long as the chances are still there, there was nothing to be worried about. It's early, and maybe I'm a little rusty on my hockey viewing (or whatever its called) but I'm starting to feel a little impatient waiting for this team to pull its head out of its butt. Amonte's had tons of chances, he's skating, he's making things happen, but he's not capatalizing on them. Hopefully its just bad luck, but Amonte's got to start burying those.

What Iginla really seems to need is a center that can skate with him. I was a little skeptic that Langkow might be a little slow of him, but I heard lots of good things from Pheonix fans about him. And so far, I don't think I've seen such a useless player in a long, long time. This guy literally doesn't do anything. People say a pylon could get 60 points with Iginla... well I don't know what to say about Langkow then. Maybe he was overrated or something, or maybe I was fortunate to see a team with so much heart and passion last year, but Langkow is the biggest sorry excuse of a hockey player I've seen in a long long time. I thought this guy was supposed to be a blue-collar, hard worker who does the work down low needed to get goals?

Now Reinprecht's a bit of a question mark. The guy can handle the puck like he's got it on a string and has a pretty good stride, but he's just not capatalizing on his chances. Outside of Iginla, Yelle, Nilson and Lombardi, nobody this season has showed any heart (although Amonte is starting to wake up from his 1 month coma). Maybe if Reinprecht actually realized he had an oppertunity to be a regular center to one of the best players in the world, he would wake up. I sure hope he does, cause I'm just licking my chops waiting for Lombardi to come back and for Sutter to give him a chance with Iginla. Lombardi will capatalize on it, if he gets the chance.
Man, Phanuthier, I just can't agree, I'm extremely biased, but I don't understand how you can bash Langkow that much in one paragraph and then call Reinprecht a 'bit of a question mark' in the next, aside from the game he scored in he has been completely invisible and his ice time has taken a serious hit, he isn't getting any chances at all and frankly I'd say the 23 year old Kobasew has been carrying him when they were still on the same line. Rhino needs to step up. Though I agree that Lombardi is the guy who has the best chemistry with Iginla.

Old
10-31-2005, 11:54 AM
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner

i wouldn't move Yashin. He's been given an opportunity to earn his contract this year, and is performing admirably. Isles need to perform with urgency and 100% night-in and night-out, and if not, the coach needs to be booted.

Old
10-31-2005, 03:52 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
Man, Phanuthier, I just can't agree, I'm extremely biased, but I don't understand how you can bash Langkow that much in one paragraph and then call Reinprecht a 'bit of a question mark' in the next, aside from the game he scored in he has been completely invisible and his ice time has taken a serious hit, he isn't getting any chances at all and frankly I'd say the 23 year old Kobasew has been carrying him when they were still on the same line. Rhino needs to step up. Though I agree that Lombardi is the guy who has the best chemistry with Iginla.
I saved Reinprecht a bit from the devil's hell coming out of my *** since there's less expected out of him then Langkow.

I'm not impressed with Reinprecht's play at all, however.

Old
10-31-2005, 04:03 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Remember how much heat I took from FDW and others, when I suggested that was not a true #1 center?

Old
10-31-2005, 06:03 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Remember how much heat I took from FDW and others, when I suggested that was not a true #1 center?
Its funny, but Iginla only seems to produce with some and not others. Would you call Marc Savard a No 1 center? I think he's worth mentioning in that range, but the guy had zippo chemistry with Iginla. Same with another skilled center, Andrew Cassels. In fact, the only 2 players off the top of my head that have actually brought out the best in Iginla are Dave Gagne and Craig Conroy; others he has clicked with include McAmmond and Lombardi.

The Langkow that played in Pheonix is a No 1 center IMO. Why he has his head shoved up so far up his *** is beyond me. If he turned it on, and played like he did in Pheonix, I'd have no problems at all. Personally, I'd like to see the following lines when healthy:
Amonte - Lombardi - Iginla
Simon - Langkow - Kobasew

Interchange Simon and Reinprecht as required, but that to me is a pretty solid top 2 lines. If the Flames do indeed get Nolan like the rumours are suggesting, Nilson - Reinprecht - Nolan gives the Flames a pretty solid 3rd line too.

Old
10-31-2005, 06:30 PM
KH1

Actually as an Isles fan I wouldn't make this deal. Warrener would do an awful lot of good for the Isles defense but Milbury, having come to terms with the fact that he's stuck with Yashin longterm, has modeled the team around Yashin and even made him the captain. If you subtract Yashin (who very well may be the hardest working Isle on the ice this season short of Blake or obviously DiPietro) the Isles have no coherent offense and are stuck with Miro Satan on a line with Rhino longterm. The Isles whole team is on Yashin's shoulders and in a season where I still believe we can be contenders I really wouldn't care to find out what happens when you subtract Yashin from that equation.

Closed Thread