HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal: MTL - FLO

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2005, 01:16 AM
superstar436

vCash: 500
Proposal: MTL - FLO

sorry guys but I did my hockey pool today and I am probably too pumped so I am gonna make a proposition that will hepl both teams:

MTL gets : Jokinen

FLO gets : Ryder

Why:
-I don't like ribeiro. HE can score 50g this year and I could care less. I don't trust him as a 2nd centerman.

Logic: Jokinen will become UFa at summer. better get something good for jokinen instead of losing him. He is playing LW and ruder can also play left wing. Of course Joki brings more toughness and fills a different role, but both can and will get 30g-35 assists. Also both are 25 years old, and ryder still has a way to make before becoming an UFA.

I wanted to include komi and bouwmeester but it is too soon to dropp him off. Too much talent but maybe a change of sceneray would be good for him. also Komi isthe type of fman that keenan and martin like because he does everything ala Hatcher, which is not bad.

comment please

Old
10-31-2005, 01:19 AM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by waseem

Why:
-I don't like ribeiro. HE can score 50g this year and I could care less. I don't trust him as a 2nd centerman.

That's terrible logic to trade Ryder because you don't like a guy even if he scores 50 goals. Keep Ryder, keep Riberio...much better than having Jokinen.

Old
10-31-2005, 01:42 AM
polarslam

So you don't like Riberio and you decide to trade Ryder????

Ok....

Old
10-31-2005, 02:32 AM
superstar436

Come on guys, you should have understood it quickly. I guess I should have been more clear. I accept the responsibility.

After getting jokinen why would MTL keep Ribs because they got the guy who will replace him. I did not develop further because I am only interested in getting Jokinen, and to do so youhave to give something good. WE can trade ribs andf a high pick for a team that needs skill for a very good dman which we are lacking.

Why I don't like ribs. Poor defense, no toughness, slow skater, no character. He will help you getto playoffs, but one in playoffs, I really don't know. He has the skills for sure, but jokinen can bring that and more.

Don't get me worng guys, it hurts me to trade ryder because it is good to see a good player that we picked down low ( I think 6 th round) become a 2nd line sniper. ryder is for sure a 30g-30a player. I have no doubt what so ever that he is for real.

Old
10-31-2005, 02:50 AM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Why I don't like ribs. Poor defense, no toughness, slow skater, no character. He will help you getto playoffs, but one in playoffs, I really don't know. He has the skills for sure, but jokinen can bring that and more.
Olli Jokinen has exactly 0 career playoff points.

Old
10-31-2005, 04:08 AM
Pepper

0 points in 0 games.

Ribeiro has 1 goal in 11 play-off games, I think it's pretty safe to assume Jokinen would do better than that.

Old
10-31-2005, 06:44 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
I doubth we'll be moving our captain. He's a UFA to be too.

Going more into the season seeing how Panthers season goes I wouldnt mind doing this deal as Jokinen could return here via UFA. He really wants to stay in Florida

Old
10-31-2005, 06:50 AM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarslam
So you don't like Riberio and you decide to trade Ryder????

Ok....
He's a Florida Fan. Shocking that an inane trade proposal thread involving the Habs wasnt started by a Habs fan.

Oh, and the trade is very one sided in favor of Florida. Ryder is younger, cheaper and better than Jokinen.

Old
10-31-2005, 07:16 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
He's a Florida Fan. Shocking that an inane trade proposal thread involving the Habs wasnt started by a Habs fan.

Oh, and the trade is very one sided in favor of Florida. Ryder is younger, cheaper and better than Jokinen.
Hehe.. When I started to the read the post I couldnt find out which team he is rooting for and I've never noticed him on the Panthers board

Old
10-31-2005, 07:53 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Ryder is younger and cheaper but he most certainly isn't better than Jokinen, in fact Jokinen is head and shoulders above Ryder.

Old
10-31-2005, 08:32 AM
Stone Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
0 points in 0 games.

Ribeiro has 1 goal in 11 play-off games, I think it's pretty safe to assume Jokinen would do better than that.

No...it is not safe to assume this. Until Jokinen played some playoff games, no conclusion can be made on his potential.

Old
10-31-2005, 08:33 AM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
0 points in 0 games.

2 goals, 1 assist actually.

Ryder for Jokinen? As a habs fan, where do I sign?

Old
10-31-2005, 11:12 AM
Chevs

Anthony Stewart !!!

For CH the possibility of acquiring a guy as Anthony Stewart would be the ideal. Large, extremely, intense and talented. Ryder and Jokinen that does not compare the player of Panthers is higher and he is a leader. Stewart vs Plekanec and 2ieme choice 2006 .Panthers misses speed and one large attacker, can be the acquisition of a veteran has defense could help Panthers has to move... Souray,Plekanec vs Stewart, Karpotsev

Old
10-31-2005, 11:19 AM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevs
For CH the possibility of acquiring a guy as Anthony Stewart would be the ideal. Large, extremely, intense and talented. Ryder and Jokinen that does not compare the player of Panthers is higher and he is a leader. Stewart vs Plekanec and 2ieme choice 2006 .Panthers misses speed and one large attacker, can be the acquisition of a veteran has defense could help Panthers has to move... Souray,Plekanec vs Stewart, Karpotsev
good lord. what was that?

Old
10-31-2005, 01:03 PM
Haik

6'3 1st line center >>>> 2nd line winger

Old
10-31-2005, 02:19 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Olli Jokinen has exactly 0 career playoff points.
In 0 games... You're point?

Old
10-31-2005, 02:38 PM
superstar436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik
6'3 1st line center >>>> 2nd line winger

By the way I am a diehard habs fan. Yes Jokinen is a first line winger but from what I hear he has been playing left wing with weiss. Yes Jokinen is a first liner, but he is not an elite centerman like Thornton or PRince Vince. Also Ryder can play first line for sure. Actually, 2 years ago he played left wing with Koivu and zednik to bring more spice to their line, and he did quite well.

the idea from my proposl is that Joki > ryder but not much, and you get somthing instead of losing him

Old
10-31-2005, 03:33 PM
Habsaholic

No

Old
10-31-2005, 03:40 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
How come everytime I check the trade proposals it's always MTL - XXX and it always sucks?

Old
10-31-2005, 04:22 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
In 0 games... You're point?
I think his point was that, in respone to the original poster who said Ribeiro will help you get to the playoffs but won't do anything in them, he replied by saying at least he helped them get there.

It's fair logic considering what the original poster stated, but when you take into account the fact that he played most of his career on mediocre teams, it's obviously not fair.

Old
10-31-2005, 04:40 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:

I, a Habs fan, don't agree with the 'better' part. Jokinen is the better all round player.

Old
10-31-2005, 06:34 PM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevs

I see exactly where you are going... I mean... I don't...

Old
11-02-2005, 06:02 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles
I see exactly where you are going... I mean... I don't...

he just skipped the part that said "this proposal sucks.. this is better"

Old
11-02-2005, 07:08 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Why would Habs trade their young "sniper" for an older player who is about to become an UFA? Don't like this one at all.

Old
11-02-2005, 12:00 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Come on guys, you should have understood it quickly. I guess I should have been more clear. I accept the responsibility.

After getting jokinen why would MTL keep Ribs because they got the guy who will replace him. I did not develop further because I am only interested in getting Jokinen, and to do so youhave to give something good. WE can trade ribs andf a high pick for a team that needs skill for a very good dman which we are lacking.
so let me get this straight.
You hate Ribeiro, so you trade Ryder for Jokinen so Jokinen can replace Ribeiro on whatever line he is on.
But that still leaves you with Ribeiro, and now a hole on the wing where Ryder was.
And Jokinen may be gone after the year because of his UFA status. So if you lose Jokinen, then you're left with Ribiero, no Jokinen and no Ryder.

yeah...

Closed Thread