HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal: MTL - FLO

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2005, 12:51 PM
MojoJojo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe
I, a Habs fan, don't agree with the 'better' part. Jokinen is the better all round player.
Meh. I seem to be catching flak for this comment. I'm trying to be objective, but I've always thought Jokinen was highly overrated ever since his break out year. Basically a long history of poor defensive play and underachieving, then he scores a career high 65 points and everyone thinks he is an elite player. Ryder's first season he nearly scored that, and outscored Oli in 03/04 despite getting a lot less minutes (14.56 vs 22.34). On tp of that, Jokinen has been at the bottom of the teams +- for almost his entire career. As a fan of neither team, I would much rather have Ryder, even without salary and age considerations.

Old
11-02-2005, 10:03 PM
superstar436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Zero
so let me get this straight.
You hate Ribeiro, so you trade Ryder for Jokinen so Jokinen can replace Ribeiro on whatever line he is on.
But that still leaves you with Ribeiro, and now a hole on the wing where Ryder was.
And Jokinen may be gone after the year because of his UFA status. So if you lose Jokinen, then you're left with Ribiero, no Jokinen and no Ryder.

yeah...
I don't like ribs because I am still not confident about him in the new nhl despite having something like 10 points or more. He is not aggressive and tough, bad skater, bad defence. We trade ryder for jokinen so we get a second centerman. then you trade ribs for a defenceman because we need one. we have very good depth . As to joki ufa status well we can sign him before the trade. We have seen this before. Once you reach a deal with FLO you can negotiate a deal with him and when u do agree on contract terms you complete the deal. Is it allowed innew nhl.

Imagine captain Koivu taken care of jokinen and Kovalev taken care of Perez

Perez - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins/pleks - Jokinen - Zednik
Bulis - Bonk - Sundstrom
pleks/higgiins - Brgin - Murray (garth)

Old
11-02-2005, 10:44 PM
Jakethesnake

Funny how worked up people get over a fictional trade.....

Florida isnt going to trade their captain and 1st liner to the habs for a 2nd liner. Simple as that... Jokinen is a better player and means more to our team than Ryder does to the habs so from a cats perspective, no deal

Old
11-03-2005, 02:47 AM
JP

Jokinen look like an ugly monkey. Ribs is great, Mtl we'll keep him and Fla can keep Jokinen, I wouldn't want him in Montreal and certainly not for Ribeiro!

Old
11-03-2005, 02:58 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
Jokinen look like an ugly monkey. Ribs is great, Mtl we'll keep him and Fla can keep Jokinen, I wouldn't want him in Montreal and certainly not for Ribeiro!
Keep Ribeiro, just keep him.

Old
11-03-2005, 03:13 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17ster
Keep Ribeiro, just keep him.
Great. And please keep Jokinen. I rather have Ryder anyways.

Old
11-03-2005, 03:21 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
Great. And please keep Jokinen. I rather have Ryder anyways.
Ryder for Jokinen is pretty even, but i doubt either team would do it. Ryder is good, young and cheap, Jokinen is probably the more valueable player though. Ribeiro for Jokinen isnt fair, you must be a pretty stoned habs fan to believe Ribeiro = Jokinen.

Old
11-03-2005, 04:48 AM
JP

you're right, Ribs > Jokinen! Keep Jokinen and that's it! Ribs and Ryder are great!

Old
11-03-2005, 09:55 AM
tinyzombies

I like Jokinen a lot so this is a tempting deal. Jokinen and Koivu would look good up the middle on this team. I would do it, especially with the depth we have on the wings. But Ryder is well-liked with the fans across Canada and it would be a hard trade to make.

Old
11-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Rolexmaster

WOW....if I was Gainey, I would take it and run !!!!

Jokinen >>>>>Ryder

and I'm a Habs fan !!!!!

Old
11-04-2005, 12:21 AM
Traitor8

won't Jokinen will be UFA this summer...and will command $$$

so at this point ,his value isn't greater then Ryder

and YES thank you, we will KEEP RIBEIRO!

Old
11-04-2005, 12:54 AM
SoCalSharkzFan

Thread: Proposal: MTL - FLO

Thus proving that Montreal has an over-abundance of homers that post here.

Ryder > Jokinen? Laughable at best. Jokinen easily. Plus there is the whole captain thing.

Old
11-04-2005, 01:06 AM
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexmaster
WOW....if I was Gainey, I would take it and run !!!!

Jokinen >>>>>Ryder

and I'm a Habs fan !!!!!
Good thing you're not Gainey. I wouldn't want a big monkey in town. Better have Ribs or Ryder.

Old
11-04-2005, 03:06 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
Good thing you're not Gainey. I wouldn't want a big monkey in town. Better have Ribs or Ryder.
habs are known for being homerish at times, but i didnt know habs were anti-animals.

If you think Ribeiro is better than Jokinen, you must also think aki Berg is better than a plant pot.

Jokinen has played pretty bad this year, his stats are solid, but he has struggled to play anywhere near his best hockey. Considering that id still take a struggling Jokinen over Ribeiro.

Old
11-04-2005, 07:47 AM
Ishmael

Hmm... assuming that Jokinen could be signed to a multi-year deal, what about Theodore/Ribiero/Ryder for Luongo/Jokinen?

Just food for discussion, please don't flame me too hard

Some reasoning:
Theodore is a great goalie, but by most accounts Luongo is a bit better. Luongo's contract dispute in the summer means he could be moved though? Theodore, although he has struggled a bit early on, has been showing more and more each game, with the exception of last Saturday.

Jokinen/Ryder is a bit debatable with most believing that Jokinen is overall better. He's also a bit bigger and apparently good on faceoffs, which Montreal could use. But Ribiero (who is a very talented playmaker) would make up the difference in the two, balancing the deal out.

I'm not familiar with Florida's needs, but they don't really lose anything in this deal and gain some depth. Montreal can afford to do a deal like this because they have the depth this year, and have a couple of forwards in the system that will be looking for a spot on the big team over the next year or two.

Montreal, now that it has appropriate depth, will be looking to upgrade at each position, so depth for talent are likely the types of trades they will make in the foreseeable future. And Luongo is probably one of the only goalies in the NHL that they would give up Theodore for.

And, we'll throw in Hainsey and Dagenais for fun if you want them : (I mean, what's a Montreal trade proposal without one of them included?)

Flame away!

Old
11-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24 Stanley Cups
Hmm... assuming that Jokinen could be signed to a multi-year deal, what about Theodore/Ribiero/Ryder for Luongo/Jokinen?

Some reasoning:
Theodore is a great goalie, but by most accounts Luongo is a bit better. Luongo's contract dispute in the summer means he could be moved though? Theodore, although he has struggled a bit early on, has been showing more and more each game, with the exception of last Saturday.

Jokinen/Ryder is a bit debatable with most believing that Jokinen is overall better. He's also a bit bigger and apparently good on faceoffs, which Montreal could use. But Ribiero (who is a very talented playmaker) would make up the difference in the two, balancing the deal out.

I'm not familiar with Florida's needs, but they don't really lose anything in this deal and gain some depth. Montreal can afford to do a deal like this because they have the depth this year, and have a couple of forwards in the system that will be looking for a spot on the big team over the next year or two.

Montreal, now that it has appropriate depth, will be looking to upgrade at each position, so depth for talent are likely the types of trades they will make in the foreseeable future. And Luongo is probably one of the only goalies in the NHL that they would give up Theodore for.

And, we'll throw in Hainsey and Dagenais for fun if you want them : (I mean, what's a Montreal trade proposal without one of them included?)

Flame away!

Hasnt Theo been medicore this season and he hasnt been too good since his good season

Old
11-04-2005, 11:46 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24 Stanley Cups

Some reasoning:

Flame away!
Id want more than that if we are involving Luongo in any trades, like a good prospect or a higher end pick, not too sure.

Heres how i see it :
Luongo > Theo
Jokinen > Ryder
Jokinen >> Ribeiro
Ribeiro, Ryder > Jokinen (Ryder is nearly as good as Jokinen).

Florida do lose in this deal imo, whilst Theo is a top 5 goaltender no doubt, Luongo is top 2, and will probably become the top Goaltender in the league within the next 2 years (he should anyway), so Florida lose that. Jokinen is the panthers captain, and Keenan would be very keen to sign him longterm, so unless Olli refuses to sign, its a safe bet he will remain in Florida for a long period of time. I like Ryder, but keep Ribeiro, if you changed Ribeiro to a top prospect, or a 1st rounder, due to Luongo and his contract status right now then maybe.
As a panthers fan, if any team wants to get Luongo, they are going to overpay to get him.

Dagenais , we had him once, I SO WANT HIM BACK.

and before Jp comes back Saying the habs lose this trade, Ribeiro is better than both Luongo and Jokinen ... im willing to add Horton and Bouwmeester along with our 1st rounder this year, to acquire him. Mark my words Ribeiro > Whole of Florida panthers

Old
11-04-2005, 03:13 PM
superstar436

I started this thread with jokinen for ryder. I thaught and still think that it is fair eventhough many people may not agree. Give me your thaughts on that.

Even though I am a habsfan, I just can't see how ribs is better than Jokinen. Jokinen is way better. HE can post same numbers + better skating, toughness, defence.

Old
11-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Captain_Cunney

[QUOTE=waseem]I started this thread with jokinen for ryder. I thaught and still think that it is fair eventhough many people may not agree. Give me your thaughts on that.

Even though I am a habsfan, I just can't see how ribs is better than Jokinen. Jokinen is way better. HE can post same numbers + better skating, toughness, defence.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, you don't give up your best young player for an soon to be UFA.

Old
11-05-2005, 07:23 PM
superstar436

[QUOTE=Captain_Cunney]
Quote:
Originally Posted by waseem
I started this thread with jokinen for ryder. I thaught and still think that it is fair eventhough many people may not agree. Give me your thaughts on that.

Even though I am a habsfan, I just can't see how ribs is better than Jokinen. Jokinen is way better. HE can post same numbers + better skating, toughness, defence.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, you don't give up your best young player for an soon to be UFA.

First - Joki and ryder are both 25 years old so we should not think about number of seasons played.

Second: If u read my posts in this thread I said that we have to sign jokinen in order for that deal to be done. Meaning we make FLO sign him to a 2-3-4 year extension starting summer so that we can guarantee that he does not leave us in 8 months. I am not crazy enough to trade a first liner in ryder (yes ryder is playing 2ndline with us but he has 1st line potential. The guy is a definite 30 goal scorer. And he can pass as wel as shoot the puck.) for a player that will play for 6 months with us.

Old
11-07-2005, 01:27 AM
grapeshine

To say nothing of the fact that Montreal is 11-3-1. If I'm management I don't change a thing.

Old
11-07-2005, 10:12 AM
Bloodline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Attack
That's terrible logic to trade Ryder because you don't like a guy even if he scores 50 goals. Keep Ryder, keep Riberio...much better than having Jokinen.
What he said.

Closed Thread