HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade for Havlat

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2003, 05:28 AM
Diesel

vCash: 500
Trade for Havlat

How about Somik, Seidenberg, and a 3rd rounder? He's obviously not going to be playing another game for Ottawa.

Old
10-10-2003, 05:32 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
How about Somik, Seidenberg, and a 3rd rounder? He's obviously not going to be playing another game for Ottawa.

Ottawa is not making that deal.

Ottawa would be looking to make a

Havlat for Gagne deal.

Old
10-10-2003, 05:43 AM
blah

Why would the Flyers trade w/ their competition? Unless the deal is well in the Flyers favor I doubt we'll see any NJ-PHI OTT-PHI trades.

Old
10-10-2003, 05:59 AM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Ottawa is not making that deal.

Ottawa would be looking to make a

Havlat for Gagne deal.
Value wise it's fair...but why would the Sens trade for one of the players that screwing up their current talks with Havlat? Besides...Gagne is overpaid.

Old
10-10-2003, 06:01 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Value wise it's fair...but why would the Sens trade for one of the players that screwing up their current talks with Havlat? Besides...Gagne is overpaid.

#1. Gagne is signed.

#2. Gagne is a left wing.

#3. It doesn't matter, because Flyers aren't making that deal.

Old
10-10-2003, 06:02 AM
SensGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
#1. Gagne is signed.

#2. Gagne is a left wing.

#3. It doesn't matter, because Flyers aren't making that deal.
Totally agree...

#4. Sens won't move him either

Old
10-10-2003, 06:45 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
In the long run, it might turn out like the Lindros deal where Ottawa would trade him, simply because he isn't playing for them and anybody that they trade for would be. Essentially, the Lindros trade was adding 3 bodies for the price of none.
That being said, I don't think the Sens are going to trade him. They'd probably like to let him rot in Europe rather than trade him to a team that they might be in direct competition with.

Old
10-10-2003, 07:14 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
I'm just curious here...who is screwing things up? Is it Gagne's salary that is causing problems for the Senators? I'm actually curious, not having really followed the story about Havlat.

And what is Gagne's salary? I thought it was in the $2-3 million range. I am far off?

Thanks in advance...

Old
10-10-2003, 07:22 AM
SensGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Love
I'm just curious here...who is screwing things up? Is it Gagne's salary that is causing problems for the Senators? I'm actually curious, not having really followed the story about Havlat.

And what is Gagne's salary? I thought it was in the $2-3 million range. I am far off?

Thanks in advance...
The main culprit right now is Richards and that ludicrous contract that Feaster just gave him.

Gagne has been mentioned because Booby Clarke just caughed up what he wanted when he came off his rookie contract.

These are the two players that Havlat is comparing himself too...but when they mention guys like Tanguay, who is signed to a more sane contract, they say he's not relevant.

It's alot of pissing and moaning, but essentially what it breaks down to is that Havlat wants to be paid on par is the overpaid players in his age bracket who are more important and have accopmlished more.

He doens't want to be paid like Marian Hossa was when he came off his rookie contract or Tanguy now...

Old
10-10-2003, 07:56 AM
FlyersFan

Quote:
Gagne has been mentioned because Booby Clarke just caughed up what he wanted when he came off his rookie contract.
I might be wrong, but thats not the way I remember things. I seem to remember both parties compromising, meeting roughly half way.

Old
10-10-2003, 09:22 AM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan
I might be wrong, but thats not the way I remember things. I seem to remember both parties compromising, meeting roughly half way.
the thing is that, the way the CBA works for young players like Gagne & Havlat, GM's dont have to meet them half way because they hold all the leverage. i remember thinking at the time that gagne got too much, but it pales in comparison to what feaster gave richards

Old
10-10-2003, 09:36 AM
MojoJojo

Bottom line: offering him 1.3 million dollars is a JOKE and you know it. 2 million is a deal. This is the beginning of the end of the Sens if they can't fork out 2 mil for an elite player. Just wait until Hossa goes to arbitration.

Old
10-10-2003, 09:39 AM
fan mao rong

Havlat

Let's see now. According to what I recall reading on www.canoe.ca Senators are offering Havlat $1.12 million and he would take $1.75 million. So then they would trade for Gagne who makes, I suppose around $3 million and Seidenberg who I think would be around .5 million. And I suppose most of you would say Havlat's the best in the deal. Sweet.

Old
10-10-2003, 10:39 AM
SensGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Bottom line: offering him 1.3 million dollars is a JOKE and you know it. ... Just wait until Hossa goes to arbitration.
Two TOTALLY different things...arbitration is one thing, you have the luxury of comparing yourself to other players outside of the organization taht you play for...having no arbitration like Havlat is another entity all together where you are only compared to players in your organization for salary.

Old
10-10-2003, 11:20 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711
In the long run, it might turn out like the Lindros deal where Ottawa would trade him, simply because he isn't playing for them and anybody that they trade for would be. Essentially, the Lindros trade was adding 3 bodies for the price of none.
Except of course that Philly had a very limited market for Lindros. Few teams were willing to take a chance on him; few teams wanted his salary; he himself made it clear he would only play for a few teams.

If Havlat went on the market there are few teams who WOULDN'T want him. The team trading for him couldn't expect a bargain because it will be entering a bidding against a number of competitors. This simply wasn't the case in the Lindros deal.

Old
10-11-2003, 07:04 AM
BrindA17

Send a message via AIM to BrindA17
Trade for Havlat...excellent idea!

To trade Gagne or Pitkanen doesn't make sense for us, so the center piece going the other way would have to be Williams or Woywitka/Seidenberg.

In most cases, with a hold-out player, you're not going to get full value for him. Ottawa is only hurting themselves by keeping him if he's not playing. The odds of getting Havlat for something other than Gagne/Pitkanen seem pretty good to me.

I don't think there would be too many takers for Havlat, so that helps. The big clubs have pretty much maxed out on salary. I assume he's asking for a hefty contract, so that rules out quite a bit of less wealthy teams. I could see the Devils snagging Havlat, but we better not let that happen!

Old
10-11-2003, 08:55 AM
panayiotis

Come on!

Why would the sens make that deal. The problem is the agent. Havlat will have to wake up and fire the idiot.

Old
10-11-2003, 10:12 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Sens have allready stated they are not trading him, that would be giving in to him, which they are not going to do.

Old
10-11-2003, 10:15 AM
Cross Out The Eyes*

Send a message via AIM to Cross Out The Eyes* Send a message via Yahoo to Cross Out The Eyes*
Offering Havlat 1.2 million is a joke. He is on the cusp of being an elite player, and is already a real good one. He should definitly get 2 million. I could see this being a long ugly situation.

As for the Flyers trading for him, it won't happen. No way the Sens and Flyers make a deal of this magnitude. Just for devil's advocate sake though, I'd gladly deal Gagne for him even up, and I'd also give up Williams and Woywitka.

Havlat ain't coming here, and Ottawa might hold onto him and let him hold out all year anyway.

Old
10-11-2003, 10:25 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross Out The Eyes
Offering Havlat 1.2 million is a joke. He is on the cusp of being an elite player, and is already a real good one. He should definitly get 2 million. I could see this being a long ugly situation.

As for the Flyers trading for him, it won't happen. No way the Sens and Flyers make a deal of this magnitude. Just for devil's advocate sake though, I'd gladly deal Gagne for him even up, and I'd also give up Williams and Woywitka.

Havlat ain't coming here, and Ottawa might hold onto him and let him hold out all year anyway.
I wouldnt give up Gagne and Woywitka or Williams
Williams and Woywitka but not Gagne and one of those 2.
but why am i talking about this? it isnt happening.

Old
10-11-2003, 10:31 AM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
I wouldnt give up Gagne and Woywitka or Williams
Williams and Woywitka but not Gagne and one of those 2.
but why am i talking about this? it isnt happening.
I think he was saying Gagne for Havlat, or Williams and Woywitka for Havlat. No way anyone would want to give up Gagne, Williams, and Woywitka for Havlat, that would be massive overpayment.

Old
10-11-2003, 03:27 PM
BrindA17

Send a message via AIM to BrindA17
Martin Havlat has agreed to a deal with the Sens. Source: http://TSN.ca/nhl

It was nice while it lasted.

Old
10-11-2003, 03:30 PM
blah

Ok now let's hear the Gaborik for Gagne proposals.

Old
10-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Quellet The Dogs Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah

Old
10-11-2003, 06:23 PM
SensGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
quite franly...if this was proposed...and Booby turned it down, I'd drive down to Philly and beat him with a frozen trout if he rejected.

Closed Thread